The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Hows the ice on sabago  (Read 514 times)

Offline tougeslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hows the ice on sabago
« on: Feb 26, 2006, 05:31 PM »
I went up around the rumford area with a hand auger because everyone told me there was no ice got up their and fished half moon pond found out there was 2ft of ice.  Sucks drilling with a hand auger.  fished for two days Halfmoon one day and Canton lake the next didnt do to bad on halfmoon caught 18 fish from 9-4.  caught 8" splake at Canton lake.  11-4:30.  Planing a trip next weekend dont know were was wondering about sabago ice.   ???
Let the dog run or the reels run?  Winters toughest dilemma!

Offline nativetrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best time of the year!
Re: Hows the ice on sabago
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2006, 06:14 PM »
Halfmoon pond, well good for you.  Not many have ever fished there. Though there are better ponds in the area to catch nice fish in.  I was on Sebago Thursday and Saturday, ~8" where I was, bring the hand auger, you will feel safer.

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
Re: Hows the ice on sabago
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2006, 07:06 PM »
Jordan Bay has 7" of ice.....  only goes out about .9 miles from the landing though...open water after that.  Believe native trout has been doing well on Sebago so see if you can con him into sharing his location!   ;)2  Caught a nice 4.68 pound togue today and had four flags but the trout wasn't good enough to enter into the tournement.  Cold on the ice today too!  Wow....  glad I had my shack and heater.  Several nice people on the ice without shanties.  They had to be cold!
Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.