The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Reporter, back again  (Read 949 times)

Offline narkj

• IceShanty Rookie
Reporter, back again
« on: Feb 15, 2017, 09:58 AM »
Hey all, I'm the reporter for the Inquirer and Daily News in Philly. I posted on here a few months ago and I'm going out on Monday at Lake Ladore (hopefully)

I was trying to pick the brains of Pennsylvania's ice fisherman to find the most experienced ice fisherman in Pa, the one guy (or girl) who's been doing it longer than anyone else, the kind of person you'd go to for advice.

If anyone has a thought or you've been doing it for decades, contact me again at [email protected]

Jason Nark.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Reporter, back again
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2017, 02:32 PM »
Be careful because a lot of the lakes are going to deteriorate quickly starting Sat. with no real refreeze in sight. Mon. is like likely to be risky as well as super sloppy.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2017, 03:46 AM »
Be careful because a lot of the lakes are going to deteriorate quickly starting Sat. with no real refreeze in sight. Mon. is like likely to be risky as well as super sloppy.
better go north if you want safe ice
could be the last weekend if temps are going to be like the weather man says

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2017, 05:35 AM »
Lador might be good this weekend but I don't know cuz I haven't heard anything about it this year. prompton will be good this weekend, I might be on it myself. This weekend is gonna be warm... or actually kinda hot, but this lake and several others are gonna take alot more than a weekend of hot temps to ruin. Next weekend there might not be much left. If Lador is no good, head over to Prompton, stay out of the pinch point.

Offline junebug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A jerk on one end, waiting for a jerk on the other
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2017, 05:46 AM »
How is it that you have permission to fish Lake Ladore? I thought it was closed to ice fishing?
If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.”
― Norman Maclean

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:30 AM »
I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it is private. Unless the guy is staying at the resort?  ???
Where's the FISH?!

Offline PacDoc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2017, 04:00 PM »
lake ladore is private. they use to let 100 guys in past years to fish but not anymore for some reason..so how u getting on?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.