Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1689550 times)

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5550 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:55 AM »
Hi everyone.  This post really isn't appropriate for the Deals thread, but I hope you'll give me a pass this time.  I'm sorry I haven't contributed lately.  Life has just been a b*tch lately quite frankly. lol  For the last couple of months, I've been up to my ears in family, work and health issues and well, it wears a guy down.  Like they say, "When it rains, it pours."  ;)  I want to thank those who reached out to me privately.  Your concern is much appreciated.  Like all things, the things I'm dealing with at the moment will pass, but I'm afraid I've got awhile to go yet.  Thanks to everyone contributing to the thread and keeping it going in my absence.  I will try not to be a stranger again, but I've got some ongoing pressing issues that are requiring a lot of my attention and time.  I haven't taken much time to deal hunt lately, but I'll try squeeze some time in here and there. ;)

Thanks,

Mark, aka Deal Ninja

I don't know you well, and don't post all too often but want to break my silence and say that I appreciate you! This thread is incredible and you help a lot of people. I hope you've got some people helping you because you deserve it! Keep on, keepin on!
Tight Lines!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5551 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Deals will always be around bud!take care mark.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5552 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:17 AM »
Mark, you've certainly been missed. Health and family issues need to take priority, of course. Hope you got your deer stand finished before the ceiling fell in on you.

We'll still be here when you get back.

Stinky
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5553 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:34 AM »
DN - thanks for the note and welcome back. Hoping your road smooths out!!!!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5554 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Mark, you've certainly been missed. Health and family issues need to take priority, of course. Hope you got your deer stand finished before the ceiling fell in on you.

We'll still be here when you get back.

Stinky

Hi Mark.  I owe you a huge apology regarding the reels.  Totally dropped the ball. :P Tree stands?  Nope, still in boxes in the garage.  The health issue btw is a degenerative hip disorder, so won't be using any tree stands this year!  lol  New hips on tap in the very near future.  Been to the surgeon, just need to schedule when my business gets a little more stable(hopefully).     

I think I read this morning where you got a great deal on some reels, but let me know if you're still interested in the one or two that I have.  No biggie either way.

Mark

PS.  Thanks guys.  I really appreciate the nice comments.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5555 on: Oct 16, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Dewalt 996b (works with all your kdrill, pistol, nero, strikemaster pflite augers)....only $109 .....great price if you have the batteries

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DR90MM6/?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=7ff358c4f02511e9a8cfdeea9ecd979f0INT&pldnSite=1

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5556 on: Oct 16, 2019, 10:07 AM »
Mark, you hang in there and get all of you stuff taken care of. You've been taking care of all of us, now it's time to take care of yourself. Sometimes life is a b!tc#! We'll always be here for you!!  :thumbsup:
Mike
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5557 on: Oct 16, 2019, 10:54 AM »
Glad to hear your back DN, hope all works out well for you. We’re all thinking of you. Hang on n there brother.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5558 on: Oct 16, 2019, 02:48 PM »
sending good thought's to you DN

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5559 on: Oct 16, 2019, 02:51 PM »
 DN hope things come together soon
 Cabelas bargain cave has a strike master chipper light for $299.00
 Was $380.00

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5560 on: Oct 16, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Glad to heat your ok DN! On that note get well soon!

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5561 on: Oct 16, 2019, 04:29 PM »
Hey Mark best of luck with the bionic retrofit.... know several folks that say it's the best thing they ever did, after the initial recovery... Will be bad for a while, but blue skies will follow.... May make this ice season rough though, but know you have a lot of friends pulling for your quick recovery... Best of luck...

but to stick with deal topic, I took the FishUSA 40% off deal the other night and picked up an Okuma Avenger bait feeder reel, was like $32 and they threw in a free fillet knife, got a notice later that they were out of the product so order would be cancelled then another one followed saying it was on the way for $47 or something like that... Haven't gotten to the bottom of this yet, but seemed really funky to back out of the deal I agreed to and then charge you more, anyone else had this kind of issue??? J

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #5562 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Hey Mark best of luck with the bionic retrofit.... know several folks that say it's the best thing they ever did, after the initial recovery... Will be bad for a while, but blue skies will follow.... May make this ice season rough though, but know you have a lot of friends pulling for your quick recovery... Best of luck...

but to stick with deal topic, I took the FishUSA 40% off deal the other night and picked up an Okuma Avenger bait feeder reel, was like $32 and they threw in a free fillet knife, got a notice later that they were out of the product so order would be cancelled then another one followed saying it was on the way for $47 or something like that... Haven't gotten to the bottom of this yet, but seemed really funky to back out of the deal I agreed to and then charge you more, anyone else had this kind of issue??? J

That's where I got suckered out of $200 when I bought two Marcum M1's.  And never got my refund back after a few attempts at fixing it.  No matter how good the deal is, they've lost a long time customer that never had a problem until that one major purchased I made.  I've learned now that if anything is not right...just cancel period.  No funky funny business, period.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5563 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:50 PM »
That's where I got suckered out of $200 when I bought two Marcum M1's.  And never got my refund back after a few attempts at fixing it.  No matter how good the deal is, they've lost a long time customer that never had a problem until that one major purchased I made.  I've learned now that if anything is not right...just cancel period.  No funky funny business, period.

That sounds like a good reason to get your credit card company involved. I would be amazed if they didn't do a partial chargeback if you had all the documentation.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5564 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:56 PM »
WOW! FISH USA?  I hope that they see these posts and take note and makes it right for both of you! I am sure that they get a lot of business from IS members. 40% off? crap! I missed that sale!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5565 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:00 PM »
That sounds like a good reason to get your credit card company involved. I would be amazed if they didn't do a partial chargeback if you had all the documentation.

Well I trusted the customer service and I waited a bit too long as the months went on...when it should've been taken care of the first time I was promised that it was taken care of.  I went to look for that refund and it never showed up.  That's was the let down.  They are aware of it...losing a life customer.  I just don't want to waste any more time on it.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5566 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Was that a Fish USA or Marcum rebate? Just curious.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5567 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Fishusa has a deal now where you can get a st croix  mojo with a bro reel. The mojo is full price but you can get a frabill bro reel for $15.99. Pretty good deal if you're looking for a decent combo and I think it's just for tonight.
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5568 on: Oct 16, 2019, 07:36 PM »
Was that a Fish USA or Marcum rebate? Just curious.

Fish USA...price was correct until the final charged price came on receipt...That was the problem and I had customer service fixed that right away...promise of refund will show up on next statement...next statement...next statement never happened.

Lesson is...cancel order, then get them to charge it correct, period.  Not wait for a refund difference to show up that will never happen.  I'm sure that is pretty much the same for most businesses.  The refund difference is always a problem.  The order cancel is never a problem nor the first time charged purchased price.  Those types of transactions goes through easy.

Offline sam brodrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5569 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:18 PM »
pro fishing usa has the arctic armor plus float suit for 299 delivered right now if your a fatty like me. anybody have opinions about that suit?
I hate not fishing

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5570 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:42 PM »
pro fishing usa has the arctic armor plus float suit for 299 delivered right now if your a fatty like me. anybody have opinions about that suit?

I've worn an AA Plus suit the past 3 ice seasons - quite comfortable, not bulky to wear, has kept me warm/dry, and has held up very well.  Overall, I'm pleased with it.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5571 on: Oct 16, 2019, 10:15 PM »

i own that suit. in one word, avoid.
as you can see there are two completely different opinions on that suit.

i switched to striker brand and have 4 suits in all including ice armor which i would also say avoid. i like striker so much i bought it for my wife. she loves her suit a lot. unless you've tried them you won't know the differences.
the worst parts of aa suit is it's cold and doesn't breath and the velcro wears out and is not water proof and the stitching wears out fast.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5572 on: Oct 17, 2019, 04:46 AM »
I believe the new AA suits are breathabke ..but they dont get alot kudos or reviews on IceShanty..iceRunner has just came out with a floating and non floating versions of an ice suit.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5573 on: Oct 17, 2019, 08:15 AM »
My bad... I have the Arctic Armor PRO, not the Plus.  Mines the gray/black suit, not the green.

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5575 on: Oct 17, 2019, 10:12 AM »
If anyone sees a great deal on the youth suits anywhere (size 6) can you please PM me? I have a little guy that loves going on the ice and he needs an upgrade in ice fishing gear! ;p
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5576 on: Oct 17, 2019, 09:35 PM »
I don't have a direct link on this one, but Frank's Great Outdoors posted a video today on Facebook promoting a sale on all Striker ice suits. They said all were on sale, the one price they mentioned was the Trekker suit for $189 for the whole suit (both pieces). That's half off. They also mentioned a free pair of gloves I believe but wasn't real clear.

Anyway, hope that helps someone, they said you do have to call to get the sale. Ordering online will not be at the sale price.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5577 on: Oct 18, 2019, 05:17 AM »
I don't have a direct link on this one, but Frank's Great Outdoors posted a video today on Facebook promoting a sale on all Striker ice suits. They said all were on sale, the one price they mentioned was the Trekker suit for $189 for the whole suit (both pieces). That's half off. They also mentioned a free pair of gloves I believe but wasn't real clear.

Anyway, hope that helps someone, they said you do have to call to get the sale. Ordering online will not be at the sale price.

https://m.facebook.com/franksgreatoutdoors/videos/2971661793058265/?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5578 on: Oct 18, 2019, 06:35 AM »
They also mentioned in the comments on the post that the other suits are on sale as well just not on the website. You have to call them to get the sale.

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5579 on: Oct 18, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Yes - I called and the Striker Ice Climate is $199 for shell and $199 for bibs, which seems like a good deal.  Is that about as low as they usually go and do they fit true to size?  Thanks!

They also mentioned in the comments on the post that the other suits are on sale as well just not on the website. You have to call them to get the sale.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.