The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tiber for 2020  (Read 756 times)

Offline GrizzFire

• IceShanty Rookie
Tiber for 2020
« on: Oct 31, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Hi Montana message board, first post and thought to ask about Tiber. Currently I am in Missoula and was wanting to possibly catch a walleye through the ice. I've got plenty of perch, trout, and pike, some crappie in the Flathead but really wanted to cross off that walleye on the list. Any tips for planning a trip there?

Offline Fortpeck1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tiber for 2020
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2020, 09:25 PM »
I would do Fort Peck over Tiber.
Fished them both and Peck has always produced bigger Eyes.

Offline GrizzFire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2020, 09:57 PM »
I have been thinking of making a trip there as well for this year, not sure yet if it will pan out with expenses. Definitely a better body of water though for smacking more eyes as well as bigger. My PB is a 3 pounder on a boat at Frances, and I'm fairly sure I'd beat that in a weekend at Peck. If I do end up heading that way, would it be ok to PM you for some info?

Offline Fortpeck1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2020, 10:10 PM »
Sure thing.
My PB at peck is 16Lbs
Caught several 8"-12"
Steve

Offline Fortpeck1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2020, 10:13 PM »
8lbs-12lbs
thumbs to big

Offline mtcommonwalleyeguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2020, 04:12 PM »
Yeah definitely peck through the ice for good sized walleyes, especially for the amount of effort.

There's a good amount of big fish in Frances and Tiber (I caught 20 this year in three trips over 20", with 4 of those breaking 10 lbs, but they all came out of the boat...think I hit the spawn right), but the couple times a year I used to ice fish both lakes, decent size fish haven't come easily for me. Walking and drilling on ice vs trolling in a boat is the culprit there I suppose.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.