The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173323 times)

Offline Walleyemaster34

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #900 on: Dec 08, 2022, 08:16 AM »
Hello All, I'm Gary, live in Bemidji. Started ice fishing earlier than I remember. First memories on the ice are spearing northerns on Black Bay. Spent the last 10 years in Florida so this is my first ice season since 2011. Been out once this year after having to buy ALL the gear again. Will mostly fish lakes around Bemidji but will get to LOTW a few times as well as Mille Lacs at least once. Pleasure to meet you all, good luck and good fishing.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #901 on: Dec 14, 2022, 09:10 AM »
Welcome to the Ice Shanty!  Formerly from EGF, so I know the area you get to fish - sitting on a gold mine up there! 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline nodak7mm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #902 on: Dec 18, 2022, 12:41 PM »
Rod from Zimmtown. Good Afternoon!

Grew up spearing Northerns with Grandpa on Pine Lake after cleaning the barn.  Ice fished most my life around TRF (local rivers and LOW).  Career/locations got in way and really haven’t been out regularly since the 90’s.  Went with BIL on Traverse for perch last yr and had a blast..  Time to get back in the game locally.

Oh you could say I’m old school with a 5 gallon pail kinda guy.  Massive changes in sport are kinda intimidating….

Thanks for reading.

;D

Offline manfromibiak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #903 on: Jan 09, 2023, 03:28 PM »
Calvin from Woodbury. New to ice fishing and is ready hooked! I tried to go out as much as I can and this would be the "trail and error" for me to see what works or not. Hope to make some new friends and link up with anyone who wants to go fishing

Offline WalksOnH2O

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #904 on: Jan 11, 2023, 10:25 PM »
Woodbury, MN by way of the mountains of Idaho and Cleveland Ohio before.   It’s been a while since I’ve chased walleyes and pike, more tuned for Perch and Trout.   My Gear is unpacked and I’m ready to Walk on Water again.   Tight Lines

Offline Northshoredad78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #905 on: Dec 09, 2023, 10:29 PM »
Hey Jesse here. I've been reading some posts from you guys for a couple months and find this website a great spot for info. Had to join up, I've been ice fishing since I was as little as I can remember. Thanks for having me.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #906 on: Dec 09, 2023, 11:09 PM »
 Northshoredad78/Jessie. welcome greetings sent your way from Southeastern New York. enjoy the website plenty of information to be found among the different forums/boards .  May you and your family have a good Holiday season. Also best wished for you this ice fishing season

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #907 on: Dec 10, 2023, 11:33 AM »
Welcome aboard. Glad to see some more activity in the MN board, hopefully we can keep the momentum up.

I'm splattypus, based in the Minneapolis area. Do most of my fishing in the city or just to the west, but always looking to hit the ice anywhere close to the cities.

This website has been clutch for learning so much, even from the boards way outside the area. Plus a great assortment of folks to be social with during the lonelier winter months.

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline Northshoredad78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #908 on: Dec 11, 2023, 04:47 AM »
Grew up fishing coon lake. I've almost froze out there way to many times. Grandma would drop me and my bro off and come back 8 hours later. I had some pretty bad winter clothes but I still loved to go. Now I fish central mn, live by park rapids but im used to fishing by miltona.

Offline toewdy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #909 on: Jan 15, 2024, 03:58 PM »
Just found out about this forum, excited to check it out! I've been fishing for years, and am looking forward to getting to fish more as my kids get older.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #910 on: Jan 22, 2024, 10:03 AM »
Just found out about this forum, excited to check it out! I've been fishing for years, and am looking forward to getting to fish more as my kids get older.

Welcome!  It's an addicting site - lots of good information and some humor scattered here and there!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Tikkaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #911 on: Jan 22, 2024, 06:40 PM »
Big welcome to the new members, it’s a great place to be!

Offline Swamprat177

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #912 on: Jan 24, 2024, 05:43 PM »
This is swamprat and am seasoned maker of ice fishing mistakes.   Have spent a lot of days on ice over past 20 years and manage to catch a few.  I do a lot of catch and release- much easier to clean them this way - but to each their own.

Mostly fish metro area but also Mille Lacs, Walker area, and the other normal spots like
Red and Low

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #913 on: Jan 24, 2024, 06:14 PM »
Cheers! Another metro fisher here. Surprisingly good fishing close to home if you know where to look. Also if you don't plan on eating them :sick:
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.