Beads?

(1/2) > >>

Salmonquest:
Beads or no beads?

Beads by hook?

Beads above the swivel?

Color for walleye?

kasilofchrisn:
Some of my setups have beads some of them do not.
Some of my setups may have a spinner blade or other eye catching flash and others do not.
And I always keep a few plain set ups as well.
For me it's good to have a mix of things in the arsenal and if one isn't working switch it out for something else.
Beads can definitely add some color and attraction to a setup but sometimes the fish just want a plain rig.
I like to use bright colored beads reds, oranges, chartreuse, yellow, etc. when I'm using a setup with beads

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: kasilofchrisn on Dec 21, 2022, 11:48 AM ---Some of my setups have beads some of them do not.
Some of my setups may have a spinner blade or other eye catching flash and others do not.
For me it's good to have a mix of things in the arsenal and if one isn't working switch it out for something else.
Beads can definitely add some color and attraction to a setup but sometimes the fish just want a plain rig.
I like to use bright colored beads reds, oranges, chartreuse, yellow, etc. when I'm using a setup with beads

--- End quote ---

X2 on all you said. My first Pike this year came on one with a gold #4 Colorado blade 6" above the bait.

esox_xtm:

--- Quote from: kasilofchrisn on Dec 21, 2022, 11:48 AM ---Some of my setups have beads some of them do not.

--- End quote ---

Yep! Mix it up. You never know what the fishies want. That said I've seen some gawd awful garish rigs (big blades, beads, colored floating thingies and combinations of all that stuff) but, at the same time, you gotta have fluorocarbon leader because those fish see a leader and they'll never bite. LMAO  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

rt dak:
I started dressing up my leaders last year and had my best season yet. Not sure if that was the reason but I'm not going back now. This is how I did mine...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version