The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fish house Ceiling - thoughts on corrugated metal? - cross posted  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Roadking92

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi all,
I have gutted my King Crow and am getting close to paneling the inside. I have used 1.5 foam sheets to give it a bit more insulating factor than the fiber that was in it. For the ceiling, I am debating using galvanized corrugated metal for a different look. I have the pink foam sheets between the studs and was thinking I would use some additional fiberglass to put up and pin to the stud and fill the voids in the corrugate of the metal panels. Would get a little more insulation high and not be any heavier than paneling alone.
https://www.menards.com/main/paint/paneling-planking/paneling/corrugated-galvanized-steel-panel/1558102/p-1521613908158-c-8168.htm

Thoughts on if this? Any have metal ceilings, any issues?

Thanks.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I think condensation would be a concern/problem .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Roadking92

• IceShanty Rookie
Yep, that is my concern as well. My 1 data point is where the prior owner put up two 2’x2’ copper sheets on ceiling to cover the paneling damaged by a roof leak. I never saw a drop of condensation on those, thus my broken mind started thinking about different options including metal.

I get that none of the manufacturers do this, so there is likely a reason, but wanted to ask in the event someone had experience that said it would work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.