Author Topic: 2 piece ice rod?  (Read 1547 times)

Offline jigginjakescharters

• IceShanty Rookie
2 piece ice rod?
« on: Oct 13, 2021, 08:52 AM »
I know northland made a 2 piece ice rod 5-6 years back but can’t seem to find any for sale does anyone know of any company’s that make a 2 piece 40inch or so rod in a medium light action would love one for hole hopping and still be able to fit in my 32 inch rod case! Thanks guy or if someone has a fire tip they would part with!

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Re: 2 piece ice rod?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Jason Mitchell Meatstick from Clam comes in a 48" 2-piece.  It's my favorite perch rod.
s.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2021, 08:59 AM »
Might have to check that out was more looking for something heavier then meat stick for walleye and jumbo deep water perch

Offline ont_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2021, 09:34 AM »
I know okuma makes 2 pieces rods that come with different actions.

Not sur eon the sizes offered though. https://www.amazon.com/Okuma-Rods-Trio-Pro-2-Pcs/dp/B07Z5DRBH9

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2021, 09:48 AM »
Easier to get a bigger case and then not be limited on options?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Easier to get a bigger case and then not be limited on options?

Thought about that too but I only run a single man hut and am limited on space those 42 inch rod cases are super bulky in my opinion normally only use 28in rods so don’t wanna get a bigger case just for one rod to fit in. I’ve done a lot of google seacrching for 2 piece rods doesn’t seem like there are really any options for what I’m looking for besides the northland one I said in beginning of post and they are discontinued

Online cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2021, 10:45 AM »
Might have to check that out was more looking for something heavier then meat stick for walleye and jumbo deep water perch

I use the JM Dead Meat rod for walleye's on LOTW and its got enough backbone to set the hook, so you don't have to worry about that.  I like the fast tip on it to keep the fish hooked while they shake their heads.  Mine is the 36".  If you are wanting to hole hop, this may the shortest you want to go.  I know it doesn't fit your case.  Still looking for a 2 piece option for you.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2021, 10:57 AM »
I use the JM Dead Meat rod for walleye's on LOTW and its got enough backbone to set the hook, so you don't have to worry about that.  I like the fast tip on it to keep the fish hooked while they shake their heads.  Mine is the 36".  If you are wanting to hole hop, this may the shortest you want to go.  I know it doesn't fit your case.  Still looking for a 2 piece option for you.

I appreciate the help doesn’t seem like there are many options

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2021, 11:51 AM »
This might be an option when the tips are removed from the butt and there is others on Amazon when searching just "ice rod". It's 32in but only goes down to medium not medium light in the 32in option.

Goture Two Tip Ice Fishing Rod, High Visibility Ice Fishing Spinning Rod with Cork Handle, Black, 28"- Medium Light/Medium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GVD4LTH/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_5YZC8MMCFTNY4C1BHPBR?psc=1
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Online cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2021, 12:24 PM »
I appreciate the help doesn’t seem like there are many options

You may have already done this, but did you try and send an email to their customer support and ask if they have any ideas on who made these for them, or if they have any laying around?  Maybe they can point you to a company that they would know who still has something like this.  If you are set on that style and length, you may have to go the custom route. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2021, 12:44 PM »
You may have already done this, but did you try and send an email to their customer support and ask if they have any ideas on who made these for them, or if they have any laying around?  Maybe they can point you to a company that they would know who still has something like this.  If you are set on that style and length, you may have to go the custom route.

Anyone know of any good rod builders that would do this

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2021, 12:48 PM »
I have a few of those fire-tip rods laying around somewhere. Let me see what I have and I might be able to help you out.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2021, 01:57 PM »
I have a few of those fire-tip rods laying around somewhere. Let me see what I have and I might be able to help you out.
That would be awesome light or medium light action is what I’m looking for thank you

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 13, 2021, 03:12 PM »
Eyeconic just came out with a telescoping rod, might work?

edit: maybe not, I see it only collapses down to 35" and is only available in UL

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2021, 04:52 PM »
I bought one of these rods from Runnings in Monticello, MN I think last spring, and I believe I saw them in stock at the new St. Cloud Runnings as well. I don't see any listed on the website, but if you have one close by, maybe call and see if they have any?

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Oct 13, 2021, 07:22 PM »
That would be awesome light or medium light action is what I’m looking for thank you
I might have one of each if I'm not mistaken. I think I might have a light, med-light, med., and med-heavy. I just have to dig them out and see what I have. But when I do I'll messege you.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2021, 07:58 PM »
yep, I have one of each.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2021, 08:50 PM »
yep, I have one of each.

I messaged you

Offline ont_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2021, 07:34 AM »
Looks like kastking just came out with something.....

https://kastking.com/products/kastking-konvert-twin-tip-ice-rods

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.