Author Topic: Thought on Clam Nanook Ice team edition house  (Read 566 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thought on Clam Nanook Ice team edition house
« on: Sep 15, 2021, 09:29 PM »
I'm seriously thinking of getting this house it is 78# I want the Ice team edition because I want the light bar and cover. It is insulated I want the grey interior my old eyes cant do black in the regular one. I plan to pull out by hand with the wife pulling anther sled with heater electronics and rods to help cut down weight for me. Once we can drive on we will drive out plop it down. Weight is the biggest thing the Otters are way to heavy and not sure what Eskimo might have any one have one or the regular Nanook seem like an OK house. I have the one man legend XL I like it but wanted to go with a removable window but Clam and Otter have went away from that now. Clam not my first choice but it may be what would work. Thank you! Also have a Eskimo pop up we like it but so many times it would be nice to just pull out have good seats to sit on and not fight with Ice anchors and wind blowing the sides in.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Thought on Clam Nanook Ice team edition house
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2021, 11:22 PM »
I personally don’t like the nanook because it is so low to the ground and the sleds are very shallow. The otter cottage is very similar in size to the nanook and it has the advantage of the otter sled and it weighs about 80lbs. I have an otter lodge as well and i don’t think it will get taken out very much anymore, too damn heavy to drag and handle.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2021, 07:08 AM »
I'd second IceAddict - I had the Nanook for a few years and I actually did really like the shack. I used it primarily as a 1 man and it was comfortable and warm. But that thing was a beast to pull by hand. The shallow sled acted more like a plow. I don't know how the bigger otters pull, but my XT hideout is 60# and I can pull that with ease.

Outside of being a pain to pull, I think the Nanook is a solid flip over considering the price. A smitty sled could fix the pulling issue if that's a deal breaker.
Da Pack!

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Thanks for the advice the plowing through snow does not sound fun. I had a smitty sled but for me it did not work well and had little room in the car for it. Things to think about thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.