Author Topic: Figured out why Sportsmans Warehouse has no inventory...  (Read 13850 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Figured out why Sportsmans Warehouse has no inventory...
« Reply #90 on: Dec 26, 2020, 06:29 AM »
Maybe you should run for town sheriff/mayor/justice of the peace, just like Andy Griffith!  :callcops:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #91 on: Dec 26, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Maybe you should run for town sheriff/mayor/justice of the peace, just like Andy Griffith!  :callcops:
There is a guy we call the Mayor. And outside it say's Lazear Mall. Forgot to mention he carries all the bolts, nuts( I'm not included) Nails and Roofing metal and screws if you need them.
<===Lefty===

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #92 on: Dec 26, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Is it me or has Bass Pro become a rip off? Every time I go there I walk out because everything in the store is ridiculously overpriced.

well wait till they buy up all the competition!  then watch the prices. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #93 on: Dec 29, 2020, 10:05 AM »

<===Lefty===

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Dec 29, 2020, 10:35 AM »
That sucks, I have a Bass Pro, Sportsmans Warehouse, Fleet Farm and Scheels. I do 90% of my business at Scheels. I do like Sportsman's Warehouse and have brought many things there in the past. Bass Pro is closest but is usually a last resort, not that they really have much ice fishing inventory though.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #95 on: Sep 29, 2021, 01:48 PM »
Scheels opens in 3 days!!!!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Sep 29, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Nice

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #97 on: Sep 29, 2021, 04:09 PM »
Scheels opens in 3 days!!!!

Nice! Definitely where I spend most of my money for outdoor products.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #98 on: Sep 30, 2021, 07:38 AM »
I used to LOVE x 3 Scheels when they came to town. Big selection of tackle and equipment, great staff, and what they didn't have, they would order. No longer...

Scheels here tore down their store and rebuilt into a Mega-Store. Look kids! A Ferris wheel and tropical fish tanks!! glech. The fishing department was cut in half, ONLY carries Rapala and Berkeley crankbaits, and a jillion soft plastics. NOTHING ELSE! The customers that shop here want stuff for shore fishing. Bass lures that run under 7 feet. Panfish and catfish tackle, NOT gear for Great Lakes salmon...  If I break a rod, it'd better be sometime around May, because they're not getting any more than what they were sent.

It seems like Corporate won't let department managers stock or restock on their own any more. The last straw was when I was told they changed suppliers and can't special order either one of my favorite crankbaits. Up until two years ago I would order them by the dozen.

Why is the weightlifting section bigger than the fishing area? Shoes, home decor, candy, and clothes took over what WAS an outdoor store. 

Ptuii
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Oct 04, 2021, 04:36 PM »
Bass Pro ruined what was left of Cabelas, they might as well destroy Sportsmans Warehouse.  That's why farm stores like Fleet Farm can get into the outdoorsman market, quite easily,m they don't even need low prices, just inventory.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Oct 04, 2021, 07:00 PM »
Bass Pro ruined what was left of Cabelas, they might as well destroy Sportsmans Warehouse.  That's why farm stores like Fleet Farm can get into the outdoorsman market, quite easily,m they don't even need low prices, just inventory.

They are, hit our sportsman's over the weekend, prices are getting ridiculous, looked at tripods for my spotting scope, crazy, $100 for the cheapest one,, but I see the price on everything there has increased a lot, Amazon is going to get a lot more of my business.

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
« Reply #101 on: Oct 05, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Anyone go to Runnings they have a great selection and even have some stuff on some shelves in the summer
But what’s the hate towards bass pro

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Oct 05, 2021, 03:49 PM »
Runnings runs out of stock fairly quickly, IMHO. They don't seem to refill anything once the season actually starts.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Oct 05, 2021, 04:18 PM »
Runnings runs out of stock fairly quickly, IMHO. They don't seem to refill anything once the season actually starts.
Which one do you go too

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Oct 05, 2021, 05:36 PM »
Canandaigua
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #105 on: Oct 05, 2021, 07:59 PM »
I havent went into a bass pro/cabelas in a few years now  and when i did i walked out with nothing because its to expensive..

Lol the only thing I usually end up with is the over priced bag of nuts….everything in the store is 20% higher then everywhere else

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #106 on: Oct 05, 2021, 11:17 PM »
Canandaigua
I went to Canadaigua on my way home from a trip a couple weeks ago and compared to  the one in brockport it’s a joke

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #107 on: Dec 02, 2021, 05:34 PM »
Merger with BP is off.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Dec 02, 2021, 06:17 PM »
Really, they're still there own store?

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Dec 02, 2021, 06:29 PM »
Reminds me of Muffin Mountain....aka Gander Mountain. The mountain went downhill into the swamp.

Also bought out by a different company. This never ends well.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #110 on: Dec 02, 2021, 06:33 PM »
Really, they're still there own store?

Appears to be so. Looks like they called it off...

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Dec 02, 2021, 06:37 PM »
I wonder if they'll start getting more in then and start doing their points again for purchases.

Offline wally

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If I'm not killing it I'm catching it!
« Reply #112 on: Dec 02, 2021, 06:50 PM »
Is it me or has Bass Pro become a rip off? Every time I go there I walk out because everything in the store is ridiculously overpriced.
They never have anything in stock either... The store in Foxboro MA sucks for that reason.. They put out ice fishing gear in Oct and don't restock anything after that or during the season...

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Dec 03, 2021, 09:22 AM »
Bass Pro lost me a long time ago. Before the internet came into being. This was prior to their expansion. I had sent in a mail order for about 60 dollars worth of terminal tackle. Stuff I just could not find locally. It came in a timely matter. But was short one pack of swivels. Which sold for about 79-99 cents a pack anywhere and everywhere. About 3 weeks later they sent me the 1 pack and charged me the flat rate shipping of 8.99 again. Which was the last straw with them.

Was a huge fan of Cabela's. So much so my friends used to call my detached 24 x 32 garage. The biggest tackle box in the world. Just like Cabela's only difference was no aquarium. I haunted their " bargain cave " like a dedicated spectre. Got some fantastic deals over the years. Customer service was also outstanding, especially on their name brand stuff.

As soon as Bass Pro took them over. I had a balance of 200 or so on my Cabela's credit card. Which my wife always hoped to get stolen somehow. She claimed a thief would not have used it as much. ;) After paying off I called and closed the account. The service rep asked on the phone why I was doing this. I told her I wanted nothing to do with Bass Pro. She replied we are hearing that quite a bit.

I am not so petty that the 8.99 ticked me off. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Dec 03, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Also bought out by a different company. This never ends well.
Gander had other issues that caused them to be bought out.  My company built some of their stores at the end.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #115 on: Dec 03, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Hmph! Gander has had issues for decades. I remember when I moved to WI in the late 70's they were in "re-organization". Giant liquidation, super deals, but they lived to fight another day. Then it happened again. And again... And then it was Camping World

Cabelas shot themselves in both feet with their no questions "lifetime warranty". All that stuff turned into the Bargain Cave but the "warranty" was so abused it became the death of that business. AND the reason BPS cancelled all warranties on purchase of Cabelas. I had a legit materials/workmanship issue and BPS told me to get lost because it was over 90 days. Well ya don't wear ice fishing boots between April and (probably) December and when they fail miserably at the outset of that next season, well. Let's just say if Johnny Morris fell offa the end of the pier (I didn't push him  ::)) and couldn't swim I wouldn't be the one to throw him a line. More likely an anchor on a chain  >:D
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline R-K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Dec 04, 2021, 01:23 PM »
Merger with BP is off.

Looks like regulatory pushback. Sportsman's is still Sportsman's. Not sure it's enough to save this year's ice season- all the ordering is done and over with, and it would make sense to me that they kept inventories intentionally low to reduce overhead and make the profit sheet look better. Might have a half-decent spring season if they get on top of things, like, today.

Also looks like Great Outdoors (Bass Pro) is going to pay a $55 million termination fee. Ouch. I'm not certain, but I doubt this ends well for the consumer. Unless they decide to just sell off Cabela's to be independent again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-02/bass-pro-shops-merger-is-called-off-amid-regulatory-pushback
Trying to stay on the right side of the ground, and the ice.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #117 on: Dec 04, 2021, 01:47 PM »
Ouch.  :pinch:  No winner in this one. Think the consumer is gonna end up gettin' bit down the road on this one.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Dec 04, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Might just be me but I think the winner is the consumer.  If the govt. let every big corporation buy up the little guy, they will be the only one left.  Where as, they can set the price as high as they want and you either pay or go without.  Granted if Sportsman's warehouse folds, the consumer won't be able to buy there, but there are still other stores to get your stuff from.  Just my two cents but I see it as a good thing that the merger didn't go through!  Bass pro shop already gobbled up Gander Mt., enough is enough!

Gander Mt was not bought by Bass pro . They just decided to close all stores and rebrand it to Gander outdoors.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #119 on: Dec 04, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Gander Mt was not bought by Bass pro . They just decided to close all stores and rebrand it to Gander outdoors.

Correct. Shoulda renamed it OJ's.  Overpriced Junk.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.