Author Topic: Figured out why Sportsmans Warehouse has no inventory...  (Read 13853 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Figured out why Sportsmans Warehouse has no inventory...
« Reply #60 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Just amazes me how we can send someone to the moon but;  I get phone texts and voice mails three days late, It takes a letter two weeks to go 3 miles because it leaves my little town's post office and travels 30 miles to the main post office then back to me even though my post office is only three miles away!

a little off  topic, but related to your post...Last fall,I ordered a new short block for my outboard, the engine came from Bolder Co. to Reading mass. in 3 days..via UPS
the new block required 3 check valves, that I could not remove from the old engine, so I ordered 3 new ones, they were coming from Alabama..UPS got them from Alabama to new jersey in 2 days, transferred them to the USPS  office for final delivery, these check valves are the size of a pencil eraser.. that's where it all went wrong, the postal service sent them back south  to Louisiana, where they sat for a week, then they moved them across the state to another facility there, they sat 2 days, then they transferred to Tennessee , from there they finally made it to my home state of Mass. in the central part of the state.. they then sent them to the western side of the state ( I live in the east coast)… finally they arrived in the post office the next town over in North reading, only to be redistributed to a post office in Woburn across town.. they spent the night there before final distribution to my home town post office in reading... a month and a half after I ordered them they arrived at my door... meanwhile I had called the original dealer and he next day aired me another set for free while the parts sat in Louisiana. ..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:27 AM »
Just amazes me how we can send someone to the moon but;  I get phone texts and voice mails three days late, It takes a letter two weeks to go 3 miles because it leaves my little town's post office and travels 30 miles to the main post office then back to me even though my post office is only three miles away!
I ordered 2 things on the 8th and they are both through USPS. Still waiting for them. Sent a Bill through my small Post office from Colorado to NY and it it took 3 weeks. Thanks to PAY on the internet that wont happen again.
<===Lefty===

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Reminds me of Muffin Mountain....aka Gander Mountain. The mountain went downhill into the swamp.

Then they reemerged as Gander Outdoors when Camping World bought them which was actually a pretty awesome store that only lasted a year.  The biggest gun/ammo boom ever and they get out of the business to sell more RVs.

I live in PA where we have more miles of rivers than any state but Alaska and yet I literally have nowhere to buy fishing stuff from.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #63 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Sold the house in NJ-moved to KS-NJ lawyer sent a check to me for some of the proceeds of the sale back in Nov.-still have not rec'd it yet-had to do stop payment on the
     check-had to pay $15.00 for domestic wire transfer-all of this after Wash.,D.C. started to play with the USPS
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:35 AM »
USPS is set up to deliver letters, not packages. Their revenue is way up over all this addl business but they are losing a fortune. They just don’t know how to do this.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 23, 2020, 11:43 AM »
USPS is set up to deliver letters, not packages. Their revenue is way up over all this addl business but they are losing a fortune. They just don’t know how to do this.

and that's what is so, so sad, my package fiasco was only a fraction larger than a forever stamp.. a carrier pigeon could have delivered it..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Evinrude58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 23, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Not even sure where the closest BPS or Cabelas is. Luckily we had a couple decent place for gear near by called Fisherman's Central and Fin Fur Feather. Just wish FFF did business online.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 23, 2020, 05:14 PM »
and that's what is so, so sad, my package fiasco was only a fraction larger than a forever stamp.. a carrier pigeon could have delivered it..

UPS sure post can delay packages for awhile, had a bit of a problem with that this summer, but not as big a delay as yours.

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 23, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I didn't read the whole post but did anybody mention that sportsman's Warehouse sold out to Bass pro Cabela's

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Dec 23, 2020, 05:34 PM »
I didn't read the whole post but did anybody mention that sportsman's Warehouse sold out to Bass pro Cabela's
That was literally the original post in the thread 🤨

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #70 on: Dec 23, 2020, 05:45 PM »

USPS currently is performing VERY poorly.

It is not the fault of the shippers. Some blame COVID and I am sure there is some of that.

But they were not exceptional before COVID.

I have had 3 packages sent to relatives lost or stolen in the past couple weeks.

One box containing some valuables arrived late with a sticker on it that said the box had been found open and empty. Stolen!!!

I have empathy for business that need to depend upon the USPS at the current time.

I had a friend here IN TOWN mail me a xmas card via USPS with about ten pics of us from 25 yrs ago, also mailed another to our buddy Mark down in Virginia state. Went out a couple days after Thanksgiving. Mark got his a week later. Mine just came on December 22nd, with a postmark of December 1st...WTH was it sitting for 3 weeks?! :%$#!:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Dec 23, 2020, 05:51 PM »
Yep. Stuff just sits places until they get to it.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #72 on: Dec 23, 2020, 06:57 PM »

I had a friend here IN TOWN mail me a xmas card via USPS with about ten pics of us from 25 yrs ago, also mailed another to our buddy Mark down in Virginia state. Went out a couple days after Thanksgiving. Mark got his a week later. Mine just came on December 22nd, with a postmark of December 1st...WTH was it sitting for 3 weeks?! :%$#!:
YEP. Of the things I ordered has been sitting in California since the 15th and the other was in Ia on the 13th and just now got to Denver. Both ordered on the 8th.
<===Lefty===

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #73 on: Dec 23, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Lefty! Where ya been hidin' bud?!  ;D

Offline Ice4904

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Dec 23, 2020, 08:05 PM »
Seems like cabelas is becoming just a clothing store, there inventory is non existent

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 24, 2020, 12:53 AM »
Bass Pro ruins everything they take over. RIP Sportsmans. I left BPS, Cabelas, and now Sportsmans. Looks like I'll be backing the mom and pop shops. That actually makes me happy.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Dec 24, 2020, 01:12 AM »
i'm certainly not looking forward to Bass Pro expanding their monopoly. the only stores that have a half-decent selection of fishing tackle in my town are a small sportsmans, a CAL Ranch store, and a fly shop. i'm not gonna have much of a choice if i don't want to order everything online.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #77 on: Dec 24, 2020, 03:13 AM »

USPS currently is performing VERY poorly.

It is not the fault of the shippers. Some blame COVID and I am sure there is some of that.

But they were not exceptional before COVID.

I have had 3 packages sent to relatives lost or stolen in the past couple weeks.

One box containing some valuables arrived late with a sticker on it that said the box had been found open and empty. Stolen!!!

I have empathy for business that need to depend upon the USPS at the current time.

This, cuz every time I order something, I cringe at the thought of the delivery person would either steal or just drops the package in the wrong place.  Even when I have to physically go to the P.O. they said that it was taken out and I will have to wait til tomorrow for the delivery person to come back with it.  Then I would go and come find out that it was returned to sender.  It's like well why would they even do such a thing?  So in the end there were hundreds of dollars in lost package that they probably have misplaced and "stolen" from me.  Come on, the bills get sent through just fine...why not the important ordered stuff?
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline stuckinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 24, 2020, 03:52 AM »
I thought it was just my bad luck, as to shipping. I guess not :D

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Dec 24, 2020, 05:27 AM »
I thought it was just my bad luck, as to shipping. I guess not :D

Yep, they've been pretty terrible since the middle of October or so. ☹️

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #80 on: Dec 24, 2020, 06:22 AM »
Just my .02 but buy local. 
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Dec 24, 2020, 06:24 AM »
Lefty! Where ya been hidin' bud?!  ;D
I've been hiding in Lazear Colorado. Population 60. One store that is a Gas Station and candy shop. He also sells Fence materials and All other Petroleum products.  Oh and it is the Post office. Just don't send anything from there if your want it done in a hurry.
<===Lefty===

Offline JH57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 24, 2020, 12:59 PM »
I usually stop at Sportsmans first, then I go to Cabelas because Sportsmans didn't have what I wanted.

Then I go to Amazon and order the damn thing because Cabelas didn't have it either.

Of course with shipping the way it is seems you don't get what you want on time from Amazon either.

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #83 on: Dec 24, 2020, 01:53 PM »
We all remember going to the big box stores because they had more, and at better prices. I used to hit Cabelas frequently, and never walk out without forking over a Benjamin. Most times it was only because I couldn't find it at the local bait, and tackle. Most recently like most of you I'd get there and they'd have high prices, empty shelves, and no idea when they'd restock. So online I went. Been a happy FishUSA customer since. Yet shipping is at a stand still. I just lost a bait and tackle shop nearby, such a shame. Weak ice seasons did them in... But I hope this time of pause, gets us back into shopping with our local smaller shops.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Dec 25, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Does anyone know when this is going to happen? I got SW gift cards for Christmas!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 25, 2020, 07:56 AM »
So I'm just confused then. The Field and stream that I always went to, just became a Sportsman's Warehouse. Does this mean its going to change again? Or is it just under new owner ship and going to drive prices through the roof?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Dec 25, 2020, 07:02 PM »
I've been hiding in Lazear Colorado. Population 60. One store that is a Gas Station and candy shop. He also sells Fence materials and All other Petroleum products.  Oh and it is the Post office. Just don't send anything from there if your want it done in a hurry.

Sam Druckers  store in Hooterville.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #87 on: Dec 26, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Sam Druckers  store in Hooterville.
Believe me when I tell you Lazear Store is far smaller. No Bread no Milk no Cigarettes' not even any Pot. LOL
<===Lefty===

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #88 on: Dec 26, 2020, 05:31 AM »
Believe me when I tell you Lazear Store is far smaller. No Bread no Milk no Cigarettes' not even any Pot. LOL

So that's why you fish! Nuttin' else to do!!!!  ::)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #89 on: Dec 26, 2020, 06:20 AM »

So that's why you fish! Nuttin' else to do!!!!  ::)
When I tell you nothing else to do I mean not even POT. LOL
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.