Author Topic: New Bibs?  (Read 4483 times)

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
New Bibs?
« on: Nov 05, 2020, 05:03 PM »
So I been using Striker Ice Predator bibs for the last 3 seasons and they have been excellent, my buddy has been wanting a pair so I sold him mine
and ordered a pair of Simms Insulated Challenger bibs, well they don't fit "6'3" 218lbs" the length is to short on the large and the XL is way to big
in all areas.

I'm wondering how the Eskimo Legend Bibs are and if you have any other recommendations?

WINTER IS COMING!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: New Bibs?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2020, 05:07 PM »
Were the predator bibs to warm ?   Trekkers are only 60g ..same inseam adjustment ..but no elastic in the side hip/rib cage area.

https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/strikerice-reg-trekker-bib-c-strkr-21300

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Were the predator bibs to warm ?   Trekkers are only 60g ..same inseam adjustment ..but no elastic in the side hip/rib cage area.

https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/strikerice-reg-trekker-bib-c-strkr-21300

No, they where actually pretty awesome, I liked them but got a good deal on the Simms so I let them go.
I do regret it a bit but won't ask for them back LOL.

I do however really like the look of the Eskimo Legend Bibs and everything I have from Eskimos has been amazing, seams, materials, customer service
and product in general.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline SDiceMan91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2020, 06:15 PM »
The Strikemaster Surface Bibs I bought last year have been PERFECT for me in South Dakota.

https://dakotaangler.com/collections/fall-winter-apparel/products/strikemaster-surface-bibs?_pos=1&_sid=5ea97b154&_ss=r

They also came out with a new "pro" model this year that I have yet to see in person.

https://dakotaangler.com/products/strikemaster%C2%AE-pro-bibs?_pos=2&_sid=e3a44ce41&_ss=r

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Ended up ordering the Legend Bibs from Eskimo.

Thanks.
WINTER IS COMING!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Ended up ordering the Legend Bibs from Eskimo.

Thanks.

Be sure to do a through review thread..comparison  to the Striker Ice that you owned would be quite helpful to IS members ...Think your the first one to purchase. Good Luck with your purchase
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2020, 11:51 AM »
Be sure to do a through review thread..comparison  to the Striker Ice that you owned would be quite helpful to IS members ...Think your the first o ew to purchase. Good Luck with your purchase

Will do, my wife purchased the flag chaser pants for herself about two weeks ago and I love the materials used, that's what pushed me to purchase the bibs.
WINTER IS COMING!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2020, 11:56 AM »
Will do, my wife purchased the flag chaser pants for herself about two weeks ago and I love the materials used, that's what pushed me to purchase the bibs.

A review of those would be nice too ..are they womens or mens ...not to familar with the Eskimo line up ..but they look nice and sound nice as well.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2020, 12:00 PM »
A review of those would be nice too ..are they womens or mens ...not to familar with the Eskimo line up ..but they look nice and sound nice as well.

The flag chaser pants I have here is Women's, they are almost identical to the men's except for the fit.
https://geteskimo.com/collections/bibs

WINTER IS COMING!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2020, 12:46 PM »
I have plenty of bibs, ill wear them if its really cold. The pants I wear for ice fishing were no longer waterproof and the knees leaked. I was looking at the Carhart Insulated Shoreline pants but decided against them since Carhart clothing never hold up as long as it should and went with the Flag Chasers. Havent had a chance to test them out yet but the quality seems great. Magnetic pockets, half zip legs to get over boots easily if needed, removeable suspenders, reinforced knees, stretchy fabric in the crotch, flanel on the inside of the pants. Cant wait to test them out.

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2020, 07:58 PM »
I run the Clam Ice Armor series just before they came out with the float series. Booth the bibs and coat are pretty slick. The pads in the bibs make a huge difference when kneeling on the ice. As far as waterproofing and stay dry and warm, Clam has me sold. I want to say the coat was around 250 ish at the time  and the bibs around 170 ish but we’ll worth it. Ice run this for three season as well and not had any issues with wear. I hit the ice about one to two times a week pulling a sled and spending long days on the ice.
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2020, 07:34 AM »
The Strikemaster Surface Bibs I bought last year have been PERFECT for me in South Dakota.

https://dakotaangler.com/collections/fall-winter-apparel/products/strikemaster-surface-bibs?_pos=1&_sid=5ea97b154&_ss=r

They also came out with a new "pro" model this year that I have yet to see in person.

https://dakotaangler.com/products/strikemaster%C2%AE-pro-bibs?_pos=2&_sid=e3a44ce41&_ss=r

I bought my dad the surface suit last season and he loves it, I really liked the fit of it. I'm considering getting the surface pro bibs this year, but am having a hard time parting with my frabill I3s.

Striker has some of the best insulated/warmest suits on the market, but also the lowest waterproof/breathability rating of all the major brand suits...
Da Pack!

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2020, 06:34 AM »
I bought my dad the surface suit last season and he loves it, I really liked the fit of it. I'm considering getting the surface pro bibs this year, but am having a hard time parting with my frabill I3s.

Striker has some of the best insulated/warmest suits on the market, but also the lowest waterproof/breathability rating of all the major brand suits...
[/    quote] Junkie; do you have a link that shows the comparative waterproof/breathability of the major brands. i,ve had Striker for several years ,n, haven,t kept up on the features of the new suits, but if theres something out there better, i,m all in on getting it. started with Artic Armor, then went to Striker when it was shown to be more breathable. i,m NOT brand loyal, more ME loyal,lol. thank you, wire

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2020, 07:41 AM »
The waterproof/breathability rating and the insulation are the two main things I've been looking at when considering a new suit. With so many suits out there now, you really need to get into a store to try them on. They all fit very differently and each has their own pro/con. It's hard to compare insulation as every brand seems to have their own "patent pending" insulation that you can't compare from one to the next. The waterproof/breathability rating in a universal rating so it's easier to compare. I believe all of Strikers are rated 5000/5000 from what I've seen, most of eskimo are also 5000/5000 but their top end suit comes in at the highest of all suits at 15000/15000 and Strikemaster is right in the middle at 8000/8000. To me, being waterproof is more important than the insulation. I can always add extra base layers, once you're wet, you're wet lol.

https://www.rapala.com/rapala/clothing/winter-jackets-and-bibs/strikemaster-surface-bibs/Strikemaster+Surface+Bibs.html
https://www.fishusa.com/Striker-Ice-Climate-Bibs
https://geteskimo.com/collections/bibs/products/mens-superior-bib
https://www.upnorthsports.com/snowmobile/snowmobile-clothing/snowmobile-bibs-pants/mens-bibs-pants/fxr-excursion-ice-pro-pant.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAtK79BRAIEiwA4OskBqFHkPhBXuZzfRObxR-EvBoUx0ftsg-msnZ2EYcGcLATtms1I-adIhoCB_EQAvD_BwE#?Opt1=160398&Opt2=160403

Disclaimer - I'm an anti-striker guy. I think Striker opened up our eyes to the benefits of a quality ice fishing suit and set the price standard (similar to TUCR and custom rods), but quickly were overtaken by other companies who are able to push out the same and/or better quality. I'm not saying they aren't a good suit, but I wouldn't put them at the top of my list of brands.
Da Pack!

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 11, 2020, 09:47 PM »
Got the Eskimo Legend Bibs today.

All I can say is I'm impressed again with the quality Eskimo is offering, these feel like the Cadillac of bibs.

I'm 6'3" 218lb and purchased a large.
I wear a hoodie under the bibs, if it gets cold enough I wear a coat over the bibs, fit is perfect this way.

The seams are sewn perfect, no loose threads, magnets on the legs and pockets line up nice, all YKK zippers
with 1 YKK waterproof zipper on the chest, the bottoms fit over both pair of my boots.
(Size 14 Baffin Control Max & Simms G3 pull on boot)

The bibs have a 10k/10k rating, the bottoms adjust from 28-36 inch inseam.

The fit on on the Legend bib is cut very nice and the bib is very VERY comfortable, the padding in the knees is as thick as the Striker Ice Predator bib but feels
more squishy and is a bit nicer on the knees.

Not sure what else to say but I like them so far, the true test will be when I finally get on the ice.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Getting Jiggy with it

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2021, 10:14 PM »
How is the sizing on the legend bib vs the actual eskimo size chart?  I'm normally a size 36 jean/40"waist and on the fence if i will need a L or XL,   Cant try them before buying unfortunately.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2021, 03:20 AM »
How is the sizing on the legend bib vs the actual eskimo size chart?  I'm normally a size 36 jean/40"waist and on the fence if i will need a L or XL,   Cant try them before buying unfortunately.

I also wear a 36" jean and the large fits me perfect with a hoodie underneath.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Getting Jiggy with it

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2021, 04:12 AM »
Perfect  Thanks !

Offline dave_e

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2021, 07:36 PM »
I also have the Eskimo Roughneck bibs and coat.  They're fantastic.

Offline CoNative1986

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 27, 2021, 08:38 PM »
On my second season with the legends, absolutely love them. I’m 5’10 220, large fits me perfectly!! I do most my fishing in Colorado without a hut and stay plenty warm with a hoodie underneath. Also all the pockets are great. They do feel a bit on the heavy side but I don’t have anything to compare them too considering I wore snowboarding gear prior.

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 28, 2021, 07:09 AM »
Has anyone tried the Striker Apex yet?  I tried on Striker Climate bibs last week and thought they were very bulky and heavy.  Curious if the Apex was a lot lighter and not as boxy. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.