Author Topic: Cordless drill adapters  (Read 13228 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Cordless drill adapters
« on: Dec 17, 2019, 01:35 PM »
Please add links and photos of cordless drill adapters for ice augers along with your review.

This one is similar to the adapters sent with my HT E-Drill ..the adapters side handle is removable via a snap ring ..works well but I prefer my side handle of my drill

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/ht-enterprises-cordless-auger-drill-adapter-19henuhdstddrllgrfic/19henuhdstddrllgrfic

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline JH57

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cordless drill adapters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2019, 05:26 PM »
I have the Kovac Icemaster II adaptor for my old (threaded shaft) 8" Mora.  Seems to work fine.

http://icemasteradapter.com/

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2019, 05:41 PM »
I have the Kovac Icemaster II adaptor for my old (threaded shaft) 8" Mora.  Seems to work fine.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2019, 05:44 PM »

id recommend the kovac adapter.used it before drill augers were even a craze.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2019, 05:45 PM »
HT

I have used this one..think it was a good choice on my 6" Lazer

https://www.fishusa.com/HT-Enterprises-Power-Ice-Auger-Adapter-Shaft

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2019, 05:58 PM »
I snapped the HT one off where the shaft narrows. The best one I have found is the beaver dam ice drill adapter.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:05 PM »

I used this one for years with my 6in Laser. Only issue I had was that the bungee cord snapped over time, replaced it with a small rope just in case the adapter came out of the chuck.  Went to a K-Drill last year

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2019, 09:25 PM »
Clam auger extension ..fits the Clam Plate and most hand auger drill units and you should be abke to use it it with other auger adapters to extend them

https://www.fishusa.com/Clam-Ice-Auger-Extension

url=https://postimg.cc/QVHv7BHJ][/url]

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2020, 07:44 PM »
Although I cant find a retailer ..but here is another option for drill adapters

https://www.facebook.com/htenterprisesinc/videos/988773751504769/

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2020, 07:48 PM »
I have to recommend the Clam plate over any of the other adapters just for the form factor. I haven't used any of the others, but have heard/read about the handles braking and people getting hurt at break through when a blade catches.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Just buy 3/4in round stock. Get your drill and grinder out and make your own. Leave plenty of meat up top or it will twist off. Grind 3 flats just small enough to fit drill. Easy as can be to make.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2020, 07:12 AM »
Just buy 3/4in round stock. Get your drill and grinder out and make your own. Leave plenty of meat up top or it will twist off. Grind 3 flats just small enough to fit drill. Easy as can be to make.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2020, 07:44 AM »

I recommend the Kovac.  I have drilled many holes on one of these with the 6" lazer synthetic.  I prefish with UPL people, so we mostly just continually drill and scope around. 

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2020, 08:25 AM »
Clam auger extension ..fits the Clam Plate and most hand auger drill units and you should be abke to use it it with other auger adapters to extend them

https://www.fishusa.com/Clam-Ice-Auger-Extension

url=https://postimg.cc/QVHv7BHJ](Image removed from quote.)[/url]
This is the one that I use. Got it before all the other companies started selling them. The first one was not centered correctly and caused the auger to wobble. They replaced it and has been fine ever since

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2020, 12:34 PM »

Offline 32footsteps

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2020, 09:33 PM »
Used a Clam Plate for a year before switching to the Kovac ice Adapter. Didn’t care for the hassle of unmounting and then remounting a drill onto the Clam Plate if I wanted to run ice anchors in with the drill. The plate didn’t pair up with my drill in a way I liked. Needed to get it....just.....right.. ..or the drill trigger would be stressed. The Kovac allows me to simply un-Chuck and re-chuck the drill to run ice anchors in, plus it’s less awkward on the drill trigger and packs up neater in my sled.

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2020, 10:22 PM »
I have not used my HT Nero adapter yet. Looks like a simple design. Any feedback on how well they work?

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2020, 10:23 PM »
With the drill.

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2020, 12:48 PM »
I guess I can't see what the handle does for you on the HT Nero adapter. If the auger catches or hooks up the handle is not going to help control the drill twisting in your hand. The only way a handle helps if it is attached to your drill to help stabilize the drill in your hand.
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2020, 12:54 PM »
I think the handle is so the bit doesn’t go down the hole more than anything.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 2020, 01:22 PM »
I think the handle is so the bit doesn’t go down the hole more than anything.

6 inch maybe ..8 in not so much ..if it falls out of the chuck you do have a better chance to grasp the auger shaft and get stopped by the handle ..

I guess I can't see what the handle does for you on the HT Nero adapter. If the auger catches or hooks up the handle is not going to help control the drill twisting in your hand. The only way a handle helps if it is attached to your drill to help stabilize the drill in your hand.

My buddy likes that set up side handle on the adapter .. I like to control of the drill ..bull by the horns so to speak ..that handle is easily removed via a snap ring..but I prefer/love the Clam Plate overall.

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:22 PM »
With the drill.

Tried it out today, the handle is worthless. I'll be taking it off and use the handle that came with the drill. Grab the bull by the horns!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 19, 2020, 12:52 PM »

Ebay. Take the chuck off and thread this on. Much harder to lose your auger, and keeps the chuck from getting rusty in the winter.

I would also say that HHOGenerators on Ebay is a pleasure to work with- I have purchased 3 from him, 2 of them customs, and they are all a good price, are prefect fits, and came in just a few days. I really like not having that big disk to work around. He even sends a hex key and instructions for removing the drill chuck.

Offline Hando

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:43 PM »
Used a Clam Plate for a year before switching to the Kovac ice Adapter. Didn’t care for the hassle of unmounting and then remounting a drill onto the Clam Plate if I wanted to run ice anchors in with the drill. The plate didn’t pair up with my drill in a way I liked. Needed to get it....just.....right.. ..or the drill trigger would be stressed. The Kovac allows me to simply un-Chuck and re-chuck the drill to run ice anchors in, plus it’s less awkward on the drill trigger and packs up neater in my sled.

The Kovacs also has the security of the elastic cord catching your auger should the chuck come loose while punching holes. I've used mine for years with great success.
"3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2020, 06:02 AM »
I recommend the Kovac.  I have drilled many holes on one of these..

I just broke my Kovac adapter this morning, snapped off where the collar bolt goes thru.

Offline Finnt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Nimrod is good one good luck finding one

Offline acmarcus

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2020, 08:29 AM »
Tried it out today, the handle is worthless. I'll be taking it off and use the handle that came with the drill. Grab the bull by the horns!

Agreed. The handle is 100% worthless. Only benefit is it might stop it from falling through the hole. The drill handle is 100x better than the auger handle
Team Comfy Skunks

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.