Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1680047 times)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8670 on: Oct 09, 2021, 03:34 PM »
Agreed ..but my limited experience with the Pistol Bit ..it has flighting similar to a gas auger flighting more so then my HT E-Drill ..it moves them chips . As far as clearing out the hole ..if out side I just run the auger up and out of the hole ..in my hub I kick the slush into the hole and run my Mil 2704/Clam Plate/8" HT E-Drill in reverse ..
I can run in reverse too but the Copter works way better. Original question answer is it doesn’t throw ice all over. I do it like you sometimes, just hit reverse at breakthrough.  But late in the year you’ll get a pile of ice.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8671 on: Oct 09, 2021, 03:57 PM »
I can run in reverse too but the Copter works way better. Original question answer is it doesn’t throw ice all over. I do it like you sometimes, just hit reverse at breakthrough.  But late in the year you’ll get a pile of ice.

It does throw some ice ..but most of that can be controlled via the throttle ..on average 10-15 inches of ice and hard pack in my area . I also push down some at breakthrough to push some of that ice out under the ice .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8672 on: Oct 09, 2021, 04:02 PM »
With thick ice you’re still going to get a pile of ice there’s nowhere else for it to go but straight up. I still have to use a  broom to sweep it back into the hole sometimes and flush it down a slush Copter to get rid of it. Incredible things those slush copters. Neither my Ions or my pistol flush ice as well as the Copter. It definitely doesn’t “throw” ice like gas augers. Any auger will give you big sno cone with 2 1/2-3 ft of ice or more. It’s a very clean pile but still a pile.

We have a slush copter also.  They are the cats meow in the wheelhouse!  Outside of the wheelhouse, I just kick away the pile with foot and then run auger and pull up to clean hole.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8673 on: Oct 09, 2021, 05:10 PM »
Me too

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8674 on: Oct 09, 2021, 09:20 PM »
So to sum up my original post/ask. The pistol is what a guy should get then…..I have no problem with a pile of ice….you get that anywhere….the K-Dill was just so worthless in the wheelhouse IMO.…..on the 7.5in the flights aren’t like a normal auger they are more like fins and it throws shavings EVERY where.

Anyone know if eskimo is coming with a 10in pistol? Ion’s 10in is just a green pistol but seems sold out.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8675 on: Oct 10, 2021, 07:19 AM »
I think we’re on the same page. I’m a firm believer that flat blades cut better, break through better, and last a longer time than lazer style. Lazers lose that leading edge and just plain lose performance fast. Right out of the box their great and may be a second a hole faster but I just don’t care, I like dependable. Even new they seize up too much at breakthrough. Reopening is hands down in flat shavers favor. I’ve fought enough Strikemasters in my life, I’m over it.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8676 on: Oct 10, 2021, 07:28 AM »
I think we’re on the same page. I’m a firm believer that flat blades cut better, break through better, and last a longer time than lazer style. Lazers lose that leading edge and just plain lose performance fast. Right out of the box their great and may be a second a hole faster but I just don’t care, I like dependable. Even new they seize up too much at breakthrough. Reopening is hands down in flat shavers favor. I’ve fought enough Strikemasters in my life, I’m over it.

Huh everyone has their one preference. I personally I don't care for the flat blade . I like the lazer cuts faster cleaner and blades last twice as long again my preference and opinion
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8677 on: Oct 10, 2021, 07:46 AM »
Badbrad, if you drill quite a few holes a day and live in an area with fairly clean ice, I agree with you 100%. I’m a permanent house guy, portable house early but don’t move a whole lot, so that’s where my perspective comes from.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8678 on: Oct 10, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Browning -20 degree mummy sleeping bag for $55 plus shipping. Reviews say it is kinda big when packed up so might be better for those that drive a truck on the ice when space in the sled isn't limited. It is not eligible for free shipping.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101924174?pid=889627

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8679 on: Oct 10, 2021, 09:03 AM »
Ive had both and got rid of the laser type. There is a terrible jerk at the break through and they are not gfaster than the flat shaver blades. Much more expensive to replace blades also. We are allowed 5 holes here so even if they are 5 seconds faster that means I am paying more for chipper blades that are terrible for re-opening old holes, much more expensive, and almost break your wrist at break through to same half a minute???
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8680 on: Oct 10, 2021, 09:15 AM »
Kittery Trading Post.

Keeping up with the topic ..$159.00 StrikeMaster Lite-Flite 8" Lazer Drill use code: GEARUP20 

*Offer valid on qualifying online orders placed 12:00AM (EST) 10/08/21 thru 11:59PM (EST) 10/11/21. Discount will be applied to the highest-priced qualifying item in your shopping cart. One redemption per customer.

KTP

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/fishing-marine/ice-fishing/ice-clothing-accessories/strikemaster-lite-flite-8-lazer-drill-100585556.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8681 on: Oct 10, 2021, 07:01 PM »
Ive had both and got rid of the laser type. There is a terrible jerk at the break through and they are not gfaster than the flat shaver blades. Much more expensive to replace blades also. We are allowed 5 holes here so even if they are 5 seconds faster that means I am paying more for chipper blades that are terrible for re-opening old holes, much more expensive, and almost break your wrist at break through to same half a minute???

I don't experience any of that and the last 3 sets of brand new blades for my 8" lazer were $10 on Amazon still have 2 brand new sets. I find I can drill 2 holes to everyone that my fishing partner drills. He uses a 8 inch Mora flat blades and I use 8inch lazer curved blades. Again each person's preference. I'm not about to go buy a new auger I adapted what I had to use with a drill. Same goes for my fishing partner he had a 8 inch Mora and it works for him so thats what he uses
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8682 on: Oct 11, 2021, 07:51 AM »
CPO outlet ..use code:CPOFRIEND for 15% off ..list below

https://www.cpooutlets.com/bkt-700076

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8683 on: Oct 11, 2021, 07:59 AM »
ACME tools use code: FALLSALE..exclusions

$50 off select purchases of $399 or more
$30 off select purchases of $299 or more
$20 off select purchases of $199 or more

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8684 on: Oct 11, 2021, 10:13 AM »
CPO outlet ..use code:CPOFRIEND for 15% off ..list below

https://www.cpooutlets.com/bkt-700076
just looked on Amazon for the 2804-20. It’s considerably less-$119.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Eskimo Flag Chaser pants
« Reply #8685 on: Oct 11, 2021, 09:36 PM »

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo Flag Chaser pants
« Reply #8686 on: Oct 11, 2021, 10:07 PM »
Only size 4XL

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eskimo Flag Chaser pants
« Reply #8687 on: Oct 12, 2021, 01:32 AM »
weird, i ordered 2xl earlier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8689 on: Oct 12, 2021, 08:35 AM »
Buy two get one free Northland Rattlin Puppet Minnow Jigging Lure

https://www.fishusa.com/Northland-Rattlin-Puppet-Minnow-Jigging-Lure

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8691 on: Oct 12, 2021, 07:29 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Berkley-Ice-Fishing-Rod-Case/dp/B08X21L9MM

Just saw this on Amazon,  $25 plus shipping,  good deal.   Giant bag but it has its place.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8693 on: Oct 15, 2021, 09:28 AM »
Northern Tool $25 off $250

Discount Offer Details
The key code 278690 must be applied on the Shopping Cart page.
To qualify for this offer, your order subtotal must equal $250 or more. Excludes gift cards, warranties, Advantage memberships, tax, & shipping. Excludes Honda & Stihl products.
Key code not valid on prior purchases or on Honda & Stihl products, and cannot be combined with other promotional offers.
Valid online and in participating retail stores.
Limited time offer.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8695 on: Oct 16, 2021, 06:59 PM »

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8697 on: Oct 17, 2021, 07:10 AM »

I ordered one last week and it was delivered Friday. Only problem was they sent a Berkley Fishing Bass Gift Pack. The order slip had that as what was ordered, so I assume there is an issue with item numbers somewhere in their computer system that has them mixed up. I called Reed's yesterday to see if I could ask them about the order slip being wrong, but was told I had to go through Amazon to get anything corrected. I'll be sending it back tomorrow, and making sure I get my shipping refunded too. Hopefully one of you got the right thing!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8698 on: Oct 17, 2021, 01:34 PM »
I ordered one last week and it was delivered Friday. Only problem was they sent a Berkley Fishing Bass Gift Pack. The order slip had that as what was ordered, so I assume there is an issue with item numbers somewhere in their computer system that has them mixed up. I called Reed's yesterday to see if I could ask them about the order slip being wrong, but was told I had to go through Amazon to get anything corrected. I'll be sending it back tomorrow, and making sure I get my shipping refunded too. Hopefully one of you got the right thing!

Amazon is pretty good at returns ..I could have printed out the label and schedule a UPS pick up or drop off at my local UPS store ..there they will scan the code which Amazon sends you and they print/affix the label . I am sure there is a similar process with other carriers .

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8699 on: Oct 17, 2021, 01:42 PM »
Amazon is pretty good at returns ..I could have printed out the label and schedule a UPS pick up or drop off at my local UPS store ..there they will scan the code which Amazon sends you and they print/affix the label . I am sure there is a similar process with other carriers .

Yeah, that's what I've always done. Just working today and can't get to the right store before they close! I usually like to get a receipt when I drop it off too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.