Author Topic: Largemouth in Shallow Pond  (Read 2145 times)

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
Largemouth in Shallow Pond
« on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:17 PM »
gonna try a spot that ive had good luck with in the open water season the max depth to this pond is 10 feet and its very grassy especially in one of the coves i know bass hide out in deep water where the water is warmest on bottom is there an exception to the rule where this pond is really shallow or should i still stick with the 10 foot spot

Offline volume4130

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Largemouth in Shallow Pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:29 AM »
I fished a lake earlier this year that gets to be close to 20', but we were catching big bass in under 6'.  we were catching them in and around a weed line, probably 6" to 1' above the weeds, about 2' off bottom, when were on a less weedy spot.  I guess I'm saying deeper water is not always a sure bet...if you know the lake well, try a spot that produced for you in the open season.  If you know where any weed lines or bottom irregularities (drops,humps, ledges, etc.) are, that might be a good bet.

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:33 AM »
i get them in the same spots i find them in the summer. anywhere from 20' to 3' of water

Offline Crappie Crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Crappie Crushen Fool
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2011, 05:40 PM »
i know a pond where the whole thing is 3' deep all the way around. we have found the bass at weeds and close to shore
Crush them crappie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.