Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Bass

Bass after ice on

(1/2) > >>

raleigh:
Where do bass move after ice on ? Do they move to deeper water like trout move to shallow water when the lake freezes. At a little local lake the park service ranger said that people have been catching nice size bass right in the middle. So i am just kinda curious what there winter paterns are.

wny angler:
i see bass usualy in 4 to 10' all winter long ,last week i caught 7 while fishing for bluegill&crappie in 5' of water on wax worms

Oldfart:
Depends. On man made bowl shaped lakes with a deep center, thats where they sit. If its a large natural lake with many depths and bars, follow Icefinger. I think he's got a handle on the bass. ;D

billditrite:
my ideal bassin trough the ice , i look for 8-12 ft of water but close to deeper water and youll get them on the shelf i drop em a foot off the bottom and they will keep you running

nocash0000:
yesterday I set up up for salmon(broad stock)I sounded 8 to 12 feet in deept shiner in the range of 6 to 24 ince below the ice, and what do I hit small mouth bass all morning. a whole lot of fun.bass will move to where they feel protected and can feed pretty easley also have to remember they are warm water fish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version