Author Topic: Luce County ice fishing  (Read 2091 times)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Luce County ice fishing
« on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:19 PM »
I have been wanting to fish a lake up in Luce county but need a little guidance.  I am not picky about what I catch.....I just want to fish.  Any good spots up here or is it just jack pines  and red squirrels??
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Luce County ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2008, 02:52 PM »
well i hear you got bigfoot over there too  ;)

i actually dont know anything about luce county but i'd look at lake-link.com for lakes and whats in them.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline frznFinn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2008, 06:19 PM »
Curtis would be your best bet. Round lake or manistique lakes...Round is good for the windy days-it's more protected....
24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case ... coincidence?

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I have not started to target these lakes yet but they are on my list of things to do.  I believe Luce county is to far out for your typical person.   Most deer hunters that go up there to hunt get discouraged and leave.  I know for a fact that some of Michigan's largest deer are found here.  I hope that some of Michigan's best ice fishing is in Luce County also. ;)  I know that this may sound crazy.  But I am a loner.  I like to fish on a lake and have the whole thing to myself....Luce county is a place you can do this. :D  I also like it when I am hunting and I my shot is the only one I hear during deer season. 

Be Careless,

realitycheck

Offline craig mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Did you say that you know for a fact that some of the biggest deer in the state are in Luce County? Please explain, because I find that hard to believe.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2008, 07:47 PM »
You wouldn't understand  you are too close to Detroit I may offend you.  I do have the racks on the wall though ...... so I am not pulling your leg.  Some guys who shoot truly big bucks 200 class and up keep quiet.  Why?  Because that is the norm in there hunting area.  Did you know that a 30 some odd point buck was shot in portage, michigan?  It was featured in the Kalamazoo Gazette.  The guy who shot it...has shot a few other bucks of this caliber in the area.  How did he do it?  he kept quiet.  Luce County is pretty big....so I am not letting any cat out of the bag  ;)

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2008, 10:21 PM »
I second that there are some monster deer around there. I would recomend s. manistique. It's one of my favorite lakes to fish and we usually do decent on walleyes and pike

Offline frznFinn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2008, 06:14 PM »
My dad lives in Newberry and fishes quite a bit in Curtis. He said it isn't too good right now, But any day fishing in the U.P. is better than sitting around down here...lol. We were thinking of hading up this weekend but the flu is going around at their house. I think we're staying home.
24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case ... coincidence?

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:46 PM »
I got the flu BAD during bow season.  I puked from my treestand more than once.  Finally, one time I puked so much I had to rest before going down the tree.  Puke on the bottom 3 rungs made it slippery. :sick:  I missed most of the rut cuzz I was sick. :blink:

Offline craig mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2008, 04:41 PM »
I think it takes a little more than that to offend me. I hunt in Iron county, so I know about the U.P. And I also know that alot of people dont let it be known if they shoot a monster. But I think if so many monsters were shot in Luce it wouldnt be such a secret. Bottom line is you can get a monster buck in just about any county in the state but you have a better chance in the few that produce them year after year.  Maybe you can push some of those 200 inchers over to western iron county, I sure would appreciate it. j/k ;D

Offline fishon30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:31 AM »
I have been wanting to fish a lake up in Luce county but need a little guidance.  I am not picky about what I catch.....I just want to fish.  Any good spots up here or is it just jack pines  and red squirrels??
I am from luce county but i now live in marquette becuase of work but yes there is lots of good fishing and hunting there i find myself going back almost every weekend to fish becuase i just cant find a lake to compare to some of my hot spots in luce county and as far as hunting goes i have 3 ten poiints and a 11 point on the wall and im only 30 years old thats why i hunt luce county thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.