Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Cedar Rapids Get together  (Read 7571 times)

Offline dent

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cedar Rapids Get together
« Reply #60 on: Jan 04, 2011, 11:38 PM »
I was wondering if anyone that was planning on coming to the get together had any of the tall buckets laying around that they would want to sell for cheap. 
Also is this a potluck thing or just beer?

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:11 AM »
I was wondering if anyone that was planning on coming to the get together had any of the tall buckets laying around that they would want to sell for cheap. 
Also is this a potluck thing or just beer?

Just a get together for fishing. Not sure there would really be any place for food unless some plan on packing.

Craig

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:31 PM »
I'm planning on bringing a small grill and cooking up some hot dogs. We can do whatever. I'm planning on being there around 1 PM and fishing till after dark. Should we set up a definate time to meet at the south ramp, get to meet and know each other and then we can take off and fish from there.  Give me your thoughts please....???  IASLAB

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:48 PM »
I plan on being there sometime between 11am and noon...

Craig

Offline crappie9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Me too, probably closer to noon.
Will most likely skip the food part just to stay out on the ice.
But it's still a great idea.
John
You don't know, if you don't go.

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 06, 2011, 12:48 AM »
Plan on putting my new sled to the test gonna bring  some chilli and heat it up on the ice .Hot chili, ice cold beer and fish on with good company. Its gonna be a good day tater.

Offline quackjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Been a member here for awhile, but have not had any pc time in awhile! Was planning on going to mcbride this weekend with the fiancee to fish and then caught this post. Will be there early sat am, and staying thru sunday sometime. Anybody have an ice report for the south fork? My hip was out last week, so I really want to bring the quad along if ice is good. I'll be in a clam voyager with the little lady, and hopefully a green suz king quad :)  What kind of depth should I be looking for if I show up at o dark thirty on Saturday? Gonna pick up some minnies and try my tip downs maybe. Thanks for any help fellas!

Offline TritleFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #67 on: Jan 06, 2011, 12:13 PM »
I would also like to know if the ice is thick enough for quad use.  Would make navigating the lake a little easier.  We should be there first thing in the morning and fish to early afternoon.

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:44 PM »
If a Waterloo guy wanted to go and had never been there how would he get to the meeting place? If he would be allowed to participate that is. (may not have to work but won't know until tomorrow night for sure) Thanks.

Offline crappie9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:27 PM »
There were three Quads on the south arm (where we'll be) yesterday afternoon.

Offline MidnightRambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:56 PM »
I may or may not be there Saturday morning--my schedule is kind of crazy right now.

Got in to a decent walleye bite tonight on Macbride...

Offline MidnightRambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:18 PM »
If a Waterloo guy wanted to go and had never been there how would he get to the meeting place? If he would be allowed to participate that is. (may not have to work but won't know until tomorrow night for sure) Thanks.

Head down 380 to the Shueyville Exit, which is #10.

Off the exit ramp take a left to go east on 120th St NE, and stay on there until you come to a T intersection with Ely Road NE.

Take a right to go south on Ely Road, and stay on there until you come to a T intersection with Highway 382 NE.

Take a sharp right to go east on Highway 382 NE as it bends to the south and takes you in to Macbride State Park. Keep going straight as you come in to the park until you come to a T.

Take a left at the T inside the State Park. Then take the first right you come to, which will be very sharp. That sharp right will take you down a steep hill to main boat ramp on the south arm of Macbride. 

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Head down 380 to the Shueyville Exit, which is #10.

Off the exit ramp take a left to go east on 120th St NE, and stay on there until you come to a T intersection with Ely Road NE.

Take a right to go south on Ely Road, and stay on there until you come to a T intersection with Highway 382 NE.

Take a sharp right to go east on Highway 382 NE as it bends to the south and takes you in to Macbride State Park. Keep going straight as you come in to the park until you come to a T.

Take a left at the T inside the State Park. Then take the first right you come to, which will be very sharp. That sharp right will take you down a steep hill to main boat ramp on the south arm of Macbride. 
Correct me if I'm wrong but were meeting at the south boat ramp by the causeway not the main boat ramp in the park.

Offline crappie9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:31 PM »
yes we are meeting at the south boat ramp by the causeway.

Offline fishbizbob

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #74 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Plenty of ice for Quads, everything froze back up and there is a minimum of 7" inches on the entire lake, with most area pushing 10+".

Offline MidnightRambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:35 AM »
yes we are meeting at the south boat ramp by the causeway.

Yup, my mistake.

Offline quackjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:22 AM »
Thanks for the help and the ice reports. Hope this high pressure moving in doesn't cause any problems with the fishes mood  :-\   Look forward to meetig some new ice heads.

Offline JaRoHe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Isn't She a Beauty!!!
« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:00 PM »

Link to Google Map (from I-380 Exit #10 to Lake Macbride Rd. NE [posted as Anglers Point Rd.])

When you arrive at Point B take a right onto Lake Macbride Rd NE (Anglers Point) and follow to the end (boat ramp).  If you have any questions PM me.

Offline crappie9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:05 PM »
Channel 9 is now saying -4 at noon tomorrow :-\
Don't know about any wind.
Do this for fun not for food.
May find me in absentia.
Darn it!

Offline TritleFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #79 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:41 PM »
Looks to be around 15mph winds.  Down from the 24mph we are experiencing right now.  With the windchills it'll be right around 0 degrees to -5 degrees out.  Warming up and wind dying down as the day progresses.

Pretty sure we'll still be there, Clam Yukon TC and double Mr. Buddy Heaters in hand!

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:44 PM »
My little Viking shack and my big buddy heater should be just fine.

Offline quackjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:14 PM »
I have both the little budddies...threw in the 5 gal tank with the double inferred in case the little lady gets cold. No quitting :)

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:17 AM »
I'll probably head out in a couple of hours, got some running around that has to get done before I can venture out. Dress warm everyone!

Craig

Offline Luke Haugland

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I was at the ramp at noon, with a buddy...what happened to all the people?

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:46 PM »
I was at the ramp at noon, with a buddy...what happened to all the people?

I was out in my Clam Prospector from 11-1:30 just out from the boat ramp, was watching for anyone I might know but didn't really see anyone. Wish I would have know you were out there Luke as I brought out my supervisor for his first ice outing. We got into some fish but would have loved to get him on to something more then Gills.

About 1:30 we moved over by the bridge to a hole we know. Caught a few Crappie but didn't get much.

Craig

Offline dent

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:15 PM »
I didnt get out there until right around 1:30.... Craig I bet you drive a red truck?  I ended up sitting on a bucket next to three other people on buckets as I orginally thought that they were members but turned out they werent.  Someone needs to bring a banner to fly next time...or a keg.

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 09, 2011, 12:45 AM »
I didnt get out there until right around 1:30.... Craig I bet you drive a red truck?  I ended up sitting on a bucket next to three other people on buckets as I orginally thought that they were members but turned out they werent.  Someone needs to bring a banner to fly next time...or a keg.

Nope no truck a couple of us with cars though.

Craig

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Next time we need to be better organized iaslab me and a buddy of his got there around 12:30. Did get a chance to meet Phil c later because he ask if we were with I.S. I wonder now how many people I talked to that were also. For all that showed up how did you do? Me zero zip nada.

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Fishing was pretty slow but steady. 15" bass right off that went back down the hole, a bunch of 5-7" gills that went down the hole and 4 nice Crappie that are going to meet up with the fry pan later on. :) All and all for the weather, having to do an onsite mod of my vex after a wire broke, and taking my boss out for his first day on the ice and letting him use the flasher for an hour or so of the trip it was pretty productive.

Craig

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Thought my pvc built shak sled was a dead give away :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.