Author Topic: How's The Ice Situation For You Fella's?????  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
How's The Ice Situation For You Fella's?????
« on: Jan 17, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Good-day
how's the weather/ice been for u guys?? here in new brunswick we hit a -33 today and man was it ever cold!!  We have about 5" on GRAND LAKE but after today and tomorrow we should gain a few inches for sure.  Our small lakes have nearly a foot and have been fishing very well!!

Offline downharley

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: How's The Ice Situation For You Fella's?????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:58 AM »
We really have had no ice to talk about. But we had the cold, you guys are having now, and the lakes are starting to freeze. Right now at my house temp is -4 at 10:50 am. I have heard reports of some small lakes having as much as 8 inches, but big lakes had none last weekend. Temperatures are supposed to stay cold for a couple of weeks. We should be good to go then.
Hope that helps and have a great season.
                                                             Brian.

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Looks like more cold temps in the weeks to come... should build some quality ice.  Too bad, I just hope the fishing is good when we finally do get out on the ice.

Watch each weekend be -20 with lots of wind... payback for the warm temps we had in December

Kevin

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Well my fishing partner and I guided a couple guys the passed 2 weekends and the days we were out the wind was blowing hard.  One time a gust came so strong it moved a sled with gear and the gas auger on it.  Portable shacks were turned into PARASAILS really quick.  Looking forward to a good weekend this weekend.  I was hoping to get out both days but i write my RCMP papers but i guess my career comes first.....sometimes... .
hope you guys slay the fish when u guys get out there!!
cheers
PHill

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:56 AM »
Good luck with those RCMP papers ! maybe you'll get posted somewhere where there is ice all year long !!! ha ha.. If you are posted to Quebec, look some of us up here, were a good bunch !

Kevin

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2007, 11:22 AM »

Ok looks like some people are starting to get out in the montreal area :D.Noticed a few people out on rhe Seaway adjacent to the St Lambert Locks yesterday ::).Not sure I would go out there this early. Might try Ste Catharines or the Longueil Marina this weekend.

Boucherville is still one good cold week away for sure. 

Ron

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Good luck with those RCMP papers ! maybe you'll get posted somewhere where there is ice all year long !!! ha ha.. If you are posted to Quebec, look some of us up here, were a good bunch !

Kevin

I can see myself getting posted somewhere with ice all year but won't hurt my feelings when not working!!!   I plan on working in quebec sometime my family is originally from those parts so i want to work their some point in time..  I'm just a crazy redneck who enjoys the outdoors and needs a good healthy career HAHA
CHEERS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.