Author Topic: BUCKSHOT strikes again with another 14 pounder today ....and a 10 pound minnow  (Read 4028 times)

Offline 10lbsclubMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
This is my buddies 14.5 pounder he caught today this thing is an absolute beast it was only 32 inches but weighed in at 14.5 and 14.4 on two diffrent scales ,and my other buddies 10.13 he caught (barely picture worthy but ill give him the credit of the doubt lol) both of these fish were caught on BUCKSHOTS .

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice fish!!!!!! O yeah and your buddies is nice too!!!!! ;)

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice  Big Walleyes !!!! Why dont you take pictures with the lure in its mouth? 
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline 10lbsclubMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
heres another picture to show how big this beast was in the gut.

Offline 10lbsclubMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice  Big Walleyes !!!! Why dont you take pictures with the lure in its mouth?

There is no need to we  dont have any affiliation with any lure company so there is no need to take pictures of the lure in its mouth ,im just letting people know that these fish were caught on buckshots .

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice looking eyes.  You gonna break 15lbs out of long this year?
Blake from Elbow

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yeah   Right........... MMmmmmmminows?
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline Bobber Down

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey 10lbsclubMJ nice work! Big over's is what it's all about hook out, quick pic and released to slam that buckshot again and again for years to come! I don't see frozen eyeballs and fins like that pic on the PK lure thread the one where they blew up that 5lber to look like a 7lber. Glad to see you boys from MJ are putting those PK's to shame keep up the good work! Bobber Down!

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
Awesome Fish guys!!  A couple of Tanks for sure!

Offline swc21

• Team IceShanty Regular
agreed! pk lues are really over hyped on here. i do like the buck shots tho. i have more luck with them. what size are you guys using for walleye? 1/4 or 3/8?

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Man, oh man, great looking walleyes again, way to go 10lbsclubMJ & company. :)
Your 14 lb walleye is sure a light gold color, neat.

WW

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
Awesome fish! Congrats

Offline janus6988

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm pretty new on the site (only been a member since September or so), so maybe I don't understand.  What's the deal with Buckshots and PK?  I have both in my tackle box, and both work real well.  I use them all, and they all perform great for me, in different situations.  If one doesn't work, I'll use the other, and if neither work I'll try a Williams ice jig or a Swedish Pimple, or even (shudder) live bait.  I've seen both in the Ice Guide and other mags, and I've used them enough to know they both work real well.  I've looked at the pics on this thread and the PK thread, and none of them look hyped or faked.  Where's the hostility coming from?  Anyone who says a Buckshot doesn't catch nice fish is a liar.  And anyone who says a PK doesn't catch nice fish is also a liar.  Live and let live.

Offline walleye protector

• IceShanty Rookie
I agree. different hook for different situations.Its just that some of these fellows are promoting for financial gain.[SPONSORS]...

Offline Hunter27

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm pretty new on the site (only been a member since September or so), so maybe I don't understand.  What's the deal with Buckshots and PK?  I have both in my tackle box, and both work real well.  I use them all, and they all perform great for me, in different situations.  If one doesn't work, I'll use the other, and if neither work I'll try a Williams ice jig or a Swedish Pimple, or even (shudder) live bait.  I've seen both in the Ice Guide and other mags, and I've used them enough to know they both work real well.  I've looked at the pics on this thread and the PK thread, and none of them look hyped or faked.  Where's the hostility coming from?  Anyone who says a Buckshot doesn't catch nice fish is a liar.  And anyone who says a PK doesn't catch nice fish is also a liar.  Live and let live.

It's one of those jealousy things, people don't like to see other people succeed in general. When it comes to the wildlife world there are some folks that don't think it's right to profit off our natural resources...I'm new here so this may not be the issue in this instance but I have seen it before.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
Buckshots are fantastic lures.  I've had them work tremendously well for me for perch, eyes, crappies and especially lake trout.  I keep about 50 of them in my box at all times.

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
couple good eaters  ;D ;)

Offline Quickflip29

• IceShanty Rookie
Ohh Papa.  This really isn't the place to air out dirty laundry. Message boards, like this one, are for sharing information, that is why I come here. I have not posted very much, but have been lurking for quite a while. The MJ boys are catching some great fish! They are not in your face bashing some one, as you just did. The point is, they are also SHARING information, colors and sizes would be nice though ;) ;)  If there was only one hook that worked, then we wouldn't have tackle boxes full of various types would we?  This is what this site is for. I'm glad the PK and MJ boys and others are posting, as we can all gain more knowledge to be more successful fisherman.

Offline wyobill1956

• IceShanty Rookie
 I just want to know what lake they were caught in ?   What do ya do with a fish like that?
How old would a fish like that be? and I want to know how many times hes been caught and released? If only that fish could talk......... :)
Relish Today , Ketchup Tomarrow

Offline Quickflip29

• IceShanty Rookie
wyobill, these fish were caught on Last Mountain Lake. Two things you can do with a fish like that, keep and get it mounted or release it. They would not be good to eat. I think the majority releases the big ones. Artificial mounts can be done if wanted.

Offline 10lbsclubMJ

• IceShanty Rookie
Both PK and Northlands are great products and both work but you use what you have 100 percent confidence in ,we were not posting the pictures to cause world war 3 on here and right now as i write this my buddies have caught 4 fish over 12 pounds today as they texted me about 3 hours ago if its gonna ruffle feathers ill stop posting the pictures no big deal to me or us .......now as for the PK guys that people are speaking of we are taking the high road and will not be posting any dirty laundry on here but it has gotten back to me and us that there was quite a bit of arrogant stuff that was said about us over the 3 days of the PK photo shoot on last mountain and thats fine thats your opion but like i said myself and my few buddies are gonna take the high road on this one because its actually quite laughable .........ill leave you with this quote i was told "it isnt rocket science to catch a big fish"

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Ok, this is a dead issue. Enough already  :tipup:
                                                            LT  Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:
ps. Congrats on the wall-hangers!  Don   ;D

Offline DFunke

• IceShanty Rookie
yes i agree, great pics and great fish. Keep posting the pictures, if people don't want to see them then they don't have to open them.

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bring on the big fish pics.  Love seeing fish that don't take either of my pks or buckshots
Blake from Elbow

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
We all love to see Big Walleye Pics. Like Whitetail pics. Post away.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline old man of the sea

• Team IceShanty Regular
Keep the pics coming MJ. You and your buddies are having a heck of a year. Most of us tip our hats to you and are really enjoying your photos, as we do the PK pics. And if I start catching those hogs on Len Thompson red and white spoons, I'll be posting them too.

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
We've got the best WHL team and best icefisherman.......... .................GO  MOOSE JAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Fish Guys!!!!

Offline Bobber Down

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey 10lbsclubMJ, you guys better trade those fords in for something a little less noticeable. All of regina is going to be fishing for blue and red fords this weekend. Can anyone tell me what kinda hooks do fords like? Bobber Down!

Offline The Cod Father

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We Know Where They Live
 :clap: Good one poorfisherman
You come to me on this day of my daughters Wedding, And ask me to go fishing....Well O.K LETS GO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.