Author Topic: Anyone seen some big Jig heads around?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
Anyone seen some big Jig heads around?
« on: Mar 17, 2010, 03:39 PM »
I wanna try something but i need to find some big jig heads or something like 3 ounces.
I have bought some 8 " Power bait bodies single tail, for some fishing in august and
i wondering about rigging something up and seeing if i cant grab a big ol laker with
these. so if anyone seen any white or glow heads please feel free to let me know
Thanx
Brad

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
Re: Anyone seen some big Jig heads around?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2010, 04:06 PM »
If you look for salt water tackle you will find a lot of bigger jigs. I know kalin's makes some nice jig heads in bigger sizes....most are blank so you can play around with your own colors(that's what I do).
Options could also be larger bucktails with plastic added or you can also work with a sinker slide.
Cabelas and bass pro should both sell some of the stuff your looking for. or you can check places like this

http://shop2.mailordercentral.com/thesurfcaster/prodinfo.asp?number=LUAN&variation=7/01

Good Luck,
Wellsy

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2010, 04:35 PM »
X2 on salt water stuff. Wholesale sports has a selection that would interest you i'm sure.

Offline z1029384756a

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Seen some at Pokeys in Regina

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2010, 06:46 AM »
Just a little side not I forgot to add in was.
Be careful of the quality of saltwater jigs and bucktails that you buy, some of the lower grade items have terrible corrosion resistant hooks that can be next to impossible to get a sharp point on. brand names like "Kalin's", "owner", or similar will be money well spent.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.