Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615211 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18990 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:45 AM »
I apologize for butting in here.....Love the turkey vids.....Is one of the turkeys in the 1st vid walking around with an arrow lodged in it ?? Thanks !!
YES!!!  And doing well!!!! ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #18991 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:49 AM »
YES!!!  And doing well!!!! ;D

Thank you kind sir.....Stay safe !!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18992 on: Mar 21, 2020, 12:08 PM »
Thank you kind sir.....Stay safe !!
Same to you!!! :)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18993 on: Mar 21, 2020, 12:53 PM »
I apologize for butting in here.....Love the turkey vids.....Is one of the turkeys in the 1st vid walking around with an arrow lodged in it ?? Thanks !!

No butting in here. This thread is open to all "kind"people.  ;D 
 And that is "arrow" the hen Turkey.   If my stupid brain remembers correctly WS has had that hen coming around for almost 2 years.   
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18994 on: Mar 21, 2020, 01:36 PM »
SpiozoMT  Feel welcome to chime in on this thread. Even the guy that started the thread back in 2014 shows up once n a while.

As I keep saying this is the best thread on the net. Even though Rackeydacker started it.  ;) ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18995 on: Mar 21, 2020, 01:44 PM »
SpitzoMT, you are always welcome. We are even here in the Summer...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18996 on: Mar 21, 2020, 01:56 PM »
Good afternoon in the upper forties with some wind otherwise a nice sunny day. Like Wallyworld posted we are getting more restricted in places to go here in NY. by order of Governor all shopping mallss are closed also barber shops ,beauty saloons and tattoo palors are now closed. Talked with my sister last night she told me NJ.'s unemployment system is overwhelmed with new applicants  are folks are out of work due to virus. My nephew is still in California scheduled to come home on the 26TH now he is worried about flying. I didn't say this to my sister but think he should have come home after one week as now airlines are reducing the number of flights and his trip was for pleasure.Some house work to do and then go see what is available at grocery store.
Eddie hope your mom and other residents of her facility are in good health. May the person taken to hospital make a recovery.
Ice Wanderer hope you have your laptop back and repair person was correct on estimate. may your county not see a rapid increase in confirmed virus cases.
Wallyworld with practice you will get the hang of kicker motor operation. Thought with all going on currently you might have kept some of the fish for meals.
Hunts2long good to hear both your vehicles have been service and the wife's passed inspection. I think many people are shopping from home at this time. surprised GSL is not stocked given it's popularity as a fishing location. Nice day for your nephew to be boiling his sap.
Whopper Stopper any possiblity of your wife bring monitor from work home to use provided it is compatible with your computer. My sister had a similar problem and now has her work computer at home. They have modern equipment socomputer and monitor is all one unit so she could not just hook up her work computer to a monitor. Understand your SIL's position got a surprise when paying bills yesterday see my cable bill has gone up by about thirty dollars have to contact them on Monday and make some changes to my package. Thanks for all the videos.
IFF hope your store does not get shut down like elsewhere in this country. personally think you will end up spending time in the fishing department when needed my experience working in retail is you never know how fast things can change and your job duties or hours change to fill/fix a problem.
Tomturkey soory to hear about so many of your friends passing on recently my condolences. Thank you for making and donating the hand sanitizer. Hopefully your grandson's wedding date will remain as scheduled. may you get out in the pontoon in coming weeks.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear you are still sick. Good that you now have some idea as to why your wife feels tired all the time. best to both of you.
SpitzoMT feel free to post in this thread at any time. I believe Raquettedacker is correct on the turkey with arrow in her body.
Oldsailor thank you for the daily jokes much needed currently. Hope you and the family are coping good  with all that is happening currently.
Raquettedacker may all be good for you and your family. I saw your posts over on MFF in the garden thread think it will be a record year for vegetable seed and plants sales as folks worry about the public food supply. Has your son received any word on his college graduation.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18997 on: Mar 21, 2020, 04:48 PM »
Good afternoon/ evening everyone :bow:

A chilly breeze most of the day, the temp finally topped out around 36.

Bud our snow has finally left, however still plenty at the shack.

mr.clean she is going to see if something can be done on Monday. The s-i-l thinks she may be able to come up with a cheater plug to adapt a larger monitor to the laptop. Thanks for the comments and tips, I hope they can do something.

45 sorry to read the last few days have been bad. If the tables were turned I bet the Dr. would figure out something to help. Glad you enjoyed the videos, hang in there :thumbsup:

SpitzoMT Welcome! And I hope you stop back :thumbsup: Glad you like the turkey videos, we spend hours watching them go about their day. Dom and OS filled you in on Arrow turkey. Two other tidbits she can fly and roost with that arrow in her, and last year a Tom mated with her in the back yard, but it seemed nothing came of it.

TT I lost my marbles years ago ;D We did play mumbley peg when I went to the 1 room school house 1-6 grade. When I finally went to the "Town" school they frowned on that game and a whole lot more.

We got back from the shack a little while ago, why we don't stay there I don't know. The wood ticks are crawling about and after returning from setting up a camera I had 12 crawling on me. There is still enough snow that the Buick struggled to bust through a couple drifts, but eventually we plowed through right to the door. The roads were deserted of cars, kind of a creepy feeling.

When I got back I checked the b/y camera and picked out a couple to post. I hope you all have as good of an evening as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18998 on: Mar 21, 2020, 05:32 PM »
marv
I am glad to here that I am not the only one that lost his marbles!!

My grandson said he saw plenty off t deer tracks on my property but not a single turkey track. The deer left with the first snow before firearms season. It was good to here that they have returned.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #18999 on: Mar 21, 2020, 05:54 PM »
  No butting in here. This thread is open to all "kind"people.  ;D 

SpiozoMT  Feel welcome to chime in on this thread.

SpitzoMT, you are always welcome. We are even here in the Summer...h2l

SpitzoMT feel free to post in this thread at any time.

SpitzoMT Welcome! And I hope you stop back :thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch guys !! I've browsed thru this thread since it started & really don't know why I never joined in.....That's gonna change tho.....Pretty cool that you guys jump in here daily & add little tidbits of your day, the weather, etc etc.....I also like to frequent this place thru the summer, which is the main reason why I had started the "Off Season" thread in the Montana section in which if memory serves me right a couple of you have posted replies.....Anyways... ..Take care, stay safe & we'll chat soon !! - SpitzoMT

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19000 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Evening ER's!!! SpitzoMT, you are more than welcome to join us anytime!! This thread is active all year round and doesn't  need to be about ice fishing at all. This is IS's social thread  where most of us only know each other from each other's posts. We are connected by our concern for each other's lives, trials, and tribulations, and successes!!!
My wife has the weekend off from radiation and is enjoying the break!! She has a tooth bothering her and our dentist says all he will do is pull it! IN-JERK-OUT due to the virus situation. Steve, I enjoy helping out on the humor end and also on the T.P. thread!! I'm staying close to home due to my COPD. If I get it, someone else will need to do jokes for me!! ::) I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend!! Keep on keeping on!!!!! ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19001 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:16 PM »
TT yeah paper would have been a lot easier for me but only option was online.

Fisher-45, Can't really say the leg is making any progress, after it jabbed me a few times at the registers, I said heck with it and clocked out.  Maybe good thing I gave up early gave me a chance to get the heavy slush/snow off the boat cover.  Now facing 3 days off, Waiting to hear if a former co-worker wants to hop in my boat Monday or Tuesday, His boat is at his summer place at the Nebraska state line.  Think I will accept his offer to sell me his,  2 Cannon Electric down riggers with a large collection of waits, extra spools of cable, and about ever release clip that has ever been made.  Says he just doesn't go for that type of fishing anymore, for $500.  Knowing what they go for can hardly go wrong if I were to use them on a regular basis. 

Looking at the number of the confirmed virus cases that keeps growing, and with the threat of no travel except as absolutely necessary wouldn't surprise me to see store closings

So for now think its time to kick back and wait for the next dark spell to pass.  I lost all my marbles a long time ago.

Welcome SpitzoMT, where you hang your hat up there ?

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19002 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Evening ER's!!! SpitzoMT, you are more than welcome to join us anytime!! This thread is active all year round and doesn't  need to be about ice fishing at all. This is IS's social thread  where most of us only know each other from each other's posts. We are connected by our concern for each other's lives, trials, and tribulations, and successes!!!

Gee OS, nicely put :thumbsup:

Best of luck to Mrs. OS, bad tooth is no good :%$#!:

You take care of yourself OS, don't need you having to spend time in the stateroom  :nono:

WS

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #19003 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:26 PM »
Welcome SpitzoMT, where you hang your hat up there ?

Thanks !! Southwest Montana.....In the mountains 4 miles outside of Butte,MT…..

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19004 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:41 PM »
Welcome aboard Sir!!! :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19005 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:16 PM »
Good evening ,did a little grocery shopping surprised I found bread  and bleach . Caned vegetable section was pretty wiped out along with soups. Appears bottled water and eggs are now among the must have  items.
Whopper Stopper thank you for today's game camera videos are you putting out feed or the turkeys coming to eat emerging bugs. Hope your wife can find a solution to monitor issue. Hope you found and removed all the ticks don't need any of the illnesses they can transmit.
OldSailor sorry to hear of wife's dental problem think oil of cloves helps with tooth pain so if your wife has whole cloves among her spice collection sucking on one might give her some relief or go with an over the counter pain killer that will not cause problems with any other medications she is taking for other medical issues.
IFF wish your leg was improving, may the fishing trip work out for you.
SpitzoMT I've posted a few times in the Montana Off Season thread enjoy your and other's photos from outing taken in your state. How is your canine buddy Mya doing these days.

May everyone have had a good day.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19006 on: Mar 22, 2020, 04:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and 17* this am, high of 39 here today.

Spitzo....welcome aboard the 9:45! Believe the Old Sailor hit the nail right on the head about this thread!   :clap:  Its a pretty darn special place, that’s for sure!   :bow:
  Steve...working for a major supermarket chain, I’m sure you’re seeing it all. Do they ever offer the employees a limited chance at certain items that are much sought after like TP when receiving a shipment? So far so good on my Mom and the other residents. Most all were given the test and as of yesterday’s report, no positive results have been found!   :clap:
  OS...best wishes to your wife continued, glad she had the weekend off from the treatments.  :thumbsup:  Excellent job on this thread description... :thumbsup:
  Marv...the videos will never get old here, excellent job...keep ‘em coming!  :clap:  Just a few small pockets of snow left around here, but with the extended forecast I saw earlier ....may see everything turning white again..Doh!
  H2...good news on the car inspection, imagine the ice on the reservoir is getting close to saying goodbye now.  Sounds like the syrup making is in full swing!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...I remember somewhat learning how to play the marble game, but it never really peeked our interest as kids...until we discovered slingshots! Lost most of my marbles after that..the rest somewhere down the road, lol.   ;D
  Bud...thought for sure they’d have you in charge of the sporting goods dept., what are they thinking?  :cookoo:
Sounds like a very good buy on the downriggers, best of luck with the fishing this week!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...so far, no cut back in hours or crew size ....but that may change at anytime after what the Governor said on Friday. It was made clear to not show up if feeling any type of sickness or fever.
  Jeff...hope you’re computer is up and running again!   :thumbsup: 
  I-45...my best wishes sent to both you and your wife getting over your ailments as well.   :thumbsup:

We had internet issues here yesterday, power was off and on twice, but not for long periods of time thankfully. Cooked on the grill for the first time in awhile... :thumbsup:
  Read an email from a B-I-L earlier, mentioned he had to stop at a train crossing. Went on to say the majority of the cargo going down the tracks was Army related...jeeps, tanks, and such. I’m sure we’ll hear something more on that soon.
  Not much on the planner today...laying low here today.   Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19007 on: Mar 22, 2020, 05:57 AM »
Good morning Eddie, ER's ,
               It's 14* and clear on my hill. Snow is forecast for tomorrow  3 to 5.
               Eddie........Glad to hear that your mom is doing well and no new cases at the home.  I'm still without my computer, the guy said it should have been done yesterday but didn't receive a call. Now with non essential  businesses shut down I don't know when I'll get it.
               Soitzo........Welcome to the morning addiction. Chime in when ever you wsnt.
               Marv..........Sorry to hear the ticks were bad at "The Shack" so if you get bit by a tick that has lime disease and you have Coronovirus does that mean you have Corona with lime. Bad joke.
                Steve.........I ws wondering the same thing, most stores around here are closing at night for restocking, opening at 6 am for seniors. I did see paper towels on the shelves yesterday around 10 am, I wa wondering if they had stocked TO but we sold out before I got there.
                Bud..........Good luck if you get out.
                OS...........Best wishes to you and your wife. I know most cancer centers are desperate from the rest of the hospital, I hope your wife doesn't have to stop treatments because of Quvid 19.
                I hope everyone is doing well under these difficult time, remember we're all in this together, so try to be patient when your are at the grocery store.
                 I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19008 on: Mar 22, 2020, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning. 18* and clear.
Eddie, good to see the report on your Mom and the rest of the residents. The lake is open down past Sport Island and what ice that is left doesn't look good. With the wind and the lake coming up a foot it won't last long. We use to play marbles in the Spring. We lived in the last house on a dead end road. The pavement ended and then it was a dirt road that continued on down to where the campsite is now. We would play marbles on the dirt road or was it mud.

IFF, I am sure a day or two in the boat will help the leg. Sounds like a good deal on the downriggers.

The wife took Scout out for a ride yesterday afternoon. She misses her weekly shopping trips but right now is not the right time for her to be doing that. I don't even like doing it when I have to. I have read over on MFF that some states are opening trout season early this year. It is only just over a week away here in NY.

Everyone have a good day and stay well....h2l

IW, I see you posted. Nothing wrong with a "smile" in times like these, plus it shows you still have your sense of humor. Good Luck with the computer...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19009 on: Mar 22, 2020, 06:46 AM »
Morning all,

Spitz.....Welcome aboard, feel free to stop in whenever you'd like  :)

WS.....thanks again for the videos, love watching turkeys scratching around  ;)  mine seem to have moved on again  :(   glad all was well at the shack, minus the ticks waking up already  >:(

IW.....Corona w/lime good one  :roflmao: :thumbsup:  sorry your laptop is getting caught up in this whole mess  :-\

H2L.....hopefully the weather warms up soon and MrsH2 can get outside more often  :-\

IFF.....sure wish your leg would start healing  :unsure:  hope you can get on the water on your days off  ;)  the riggers sound like a good deal, we'll be using them for the first time once we start fishing deeper for salmon  :thumbsup:

MrC.....like Eddie I found the local convenience stores had better supplies than the "super" stores  ;)2  worth the extra few $$ to get what you need  :)

Eddie......great news on your Mom and the other residents  :thumbsup: :clap:  guessing you and the crew are considered "essential"  :thumbsup:

IF45......thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs45   :)

OS.....no one could replace you sir so you need to stay healthy  :whistle: ;)2  sorry to hear MrsOS is having tooth problems, not what she needs to deal with right now  :nono:   :(

TT.....pretty sure ALL of us lost our marbles quite awhile ago  :woot: :wacko:  hope you can get the toon in soon, water therapy is always a good thing  @)

Weatherman says 5-8" of snow by tomorrow night  :o :blink: :nono: :%$#!: :pinch:  fingers crossed it's being WAY over guessed  :-\

Stay healthy and stay safe.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19010 on: Mar 22, 2020, 07:25 AM »
Good Morning all. 29 here this morning. We here in Illinois are under a stay at home order as of 5 pm yesterday. Only essential business is open. On social media many are not happy about it. Just as many are admonishing those that are not happy. Saw only one vehicle on the street this morning. My much better half. The jail never closes. The grocery stores get stocked. Then due to social media. Folks quickly found out that they have this or that and then selves become empty right quick. One of my buddies boy works for Jewel and has been putting in all kinds of hours trying to keep the shelves stocked and the store clean. They cut back hours of operation in order for them to do so. Many stores have set up 7-8am times for the elderly to come and shop. That is a good thing. We are stocked up here on all essentials. As we always are. My folks lived during the depression and they instilled in us. That having provisions stocked away was a good thing.  Seeing pictures of the expressways leading into Chicago barren is weird. My concern is this order is for two weeks as of now. But over in China. They have been fighting this virus since at least December probably longer. So this two weeks may just be the start. Any how everyone have a good day. Hope those that have any medical issues get on the mend. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19011 on: Mar 23, 2020, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Snow should be arriving soon, 28* high of 32 today. Calling for 5-8” before it winds down here tonight...glad I didn’t put the snowblower up for the season!    ;D

UFC...thanks for sharing your learning lessons!  :thumbsup: We learned early on in life from both parents and grandparents just how precious food is/was. Stories about the Great Depression were often told if  “ everything “ put on the plate was not eaten...a very special group of people for sure.
  Wally...hoping the snow is on the lighter side of the prediction as well...like maybe a dusting?   ;D
  H2...I like the idea of an earlier trout season...although I believe the streams around here will be over there banks before too long now, lol.
  Jeff...don’t they know your computer is essential?   :cookoo:   Hope you get some good news on it today... :thumbsup:

I guess we fall under the essential category for at least a few more days....we have a big open hole in the floor near the elevators at the moment.  ;D. We’ll be filling that in today with terrazzo.
  Time to get moving and see what lies ahead....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19012 on: Mar 23, 2020, 05:33 AM »
Good morning Eddie,ER's,
              It's 27* and cloudy here on my hill.
               Eddie........I'm glad that you are still able to work, your job is part of infrstructure. I hope you won't have to use your snow blower.
                UFC........I also hearing stories of the great depression from my father and grandparents. I remember being told as a child that you eat what's on your plate, it still carries over today.
                 Marv......whats on your plate for today?
                 Wally......According to the snow map you are in the  5 to 8 area, hope the guessers are wrong. Up here they call snow at this time of year "Sugar Snow".
                 Yesterday afternoon my wife and I dropped her car at the body shop to get it repaired from the deer hitting her. Town was like a ghost town, not a sole out. Kinda creepy.
                  I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or staying at home.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19013 on: Mar 23, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....fingers crossed you'll be able to continue working thru all the shut downs  :-\  I'm sure Uncle Andy considers his little piece of the rock an essential work area  :whistle: ;)2 :woot:

IW.....MrWW was going to take the snowblower off the tractor and put the skidder winch on a couple days ago until I looked at today's forecast  ::)  hoping he won't need to use it  :blink:  have you started getting the pontoon ready yet  ???

UFC.....thanks to MrsCreel for her service  :flex: :bow:  I did it for 25 years, not an easy job and I'm sure with all the covid19 issues it's much more unsettled right now  :wacko:

I have an appointment for some routine tests today, unless I get cancelled, which wouldn't hurt my feelings at all  :unsure: 

Have a good day, be safe and stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19014 on: Mar 23, 2020, 06:24 AM »
30* and a breeze, light snow falling. I hadn't put the snow blower away yet. As a matter of fact I even fired it up yesterday, just in case.
Eddie, can't be a lot of traffic for your drive each day.
IW, good luck with the car repair.
WW, good luck with the test if they are a "go".
We seem to always be well stocked around here. Like my brother said the other day, "he always has food out in the field." (He wouldn't do that.) My nephew ended the boiling yesterday for the year. The sugar content is real low, plus he has to back to his regular job tonight. That also means I will be staying away from him for awhile. Who knows what is in that jail?

Have a good day and stay well...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19015 on: Mar 23, 2020, 06:51 AM »
Good morning all, We have about an inch and half of snow on the ground Temp is 30. Built another raised bed yesterday and got it placed and half filled with soil. I have 40 4 year old Asparagus crowns on the way. Was going to finish filling the bed today. Well that's not going to happen now. My parents always told us when it came to dinner. Take what you want. But eat what you take. They meant it. They are taking what precautions they can at the jail. They got a real sick one yesterday. No one there was happy about it. Charges were minor. But bigger charges are in the works. So they ended up having to put the person in one of their special reverse air flow cells. The nurses and doctor there will be monitoring that one real well. All rights court appearances are now done via monitor. My wife has been there 15 years now. It does take its toll. Thank You WW. I will pass it along to her. Hope everyone has a great day. Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19016 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:15 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Mist and 32 currently. The sun is supposed to pop through later on in the day and we should make it into the 50's.

I have one of the guys I used to work with coming to give me a hand knocking down a couple big oaks. We were going to start at 8am but we had to hold off awhile so the trees can dry some. I always give him the business because when I climbed everyday it didn't matter what the weather was doing. He prefers 70 and sunshine, dang kids ;D 

I tried Asparagus here a couple of times but I never had any luck.

Enough typing on the phone.

Hope you all have as good of day as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19017 on: Mar 23, 2020, 12:29 PM »
It was a beautiful weekend here in Yellowknife.
Great for sledding and ice fishing.
Too bad I was stuck at work getting all the users set up for remote access to their computers.  :'(
Got all the way up to 32.54F yesterday. Now it's cold and -30 with the windchill today.

On Saturday we got the first confirmed COVID-19 case in the NWT and of course it's in my town.
Luckily they have been locked away in their house but I wonder who they talked to before they felt the effects of the virus.
Seems you can transmit it 2-3 days before symptoms show.   :o

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19018 on: Mar 23, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Good Morning/afternoon  ER's  I hope all who are dealing with medical stuff get well soon. Drifter hope the bug get's contained there pronto. WI is on lockdown essentials only.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #19019 on: Mar 23, 2020, 01:29 PM »
Good afternoon to ya all !!   :)

Was mostly cloudy & 23* here in the hills when I awoke.....Forecast high of 49*, 10% chance of precip & winds SSW 10 - 20 mph.....

This mornings COVID-19 stats.....Confirmed cases 34 / Deaths 0.....I see New York is getting hit the hardest & our prayers to all of them as well as the rest of this great country !!
Another exciting day stuck in the house for me..Before I go on with this sob story - LOL, quick fact about me..I've had asthma since my late 20's which is controlled with a daily dose of Singulair, albuterol inhalers & I have my own nebulizer machine for extreme flare ups..Been pretty sick since the 16th..Started feeling like I was possibly catching a bug or maybe some allergies on the 6th..Worked the week of the 9th as I was not feeling horrible or getting any worse..Woke up the 15th & I knew there was something not good going on..Went to see my doctor(yes, she's there 7 days a week) & was diagnosed with one of the 3 respiratory tract infections that is running thru our community..So treatment started on the 15th with a daily dose of Prednisone for 7 days, half-dose of Prednisone now for another 6 days & I'll be following that up with 5 days of Azithromycin..To top it off I developed a head cold/sinus infection on the 18th, so been battling both for quite a few days now..Also been taking Mucinex expectorant & Sudafed hoping it would speed up recovery, but this crap is just holding on..Talked to the doc this past Friday & was informed that they're seeing one of these RTI's show mild symptoms for 7 - 10 days, then get severe for 3 - 5 days & then take up to another 2 weeks for full recovery..Of course I had to get this one..BOOOO !! Still feeling a bit tight in the chest with some minor wheezing, slight cough, labored breathing if I walk around the house to much & my head is still all plugged up..The 15th was the last time I left the house & haven't been to work either..Scheduled to work tomorrow, but that ain't happening..Gonna check in with the doc later this afternoon & contact work afterwards..Enough about that !!

I'm still not understanding all this panic buying..Especially the essentials that are needed at the frontlines to help combat this situation..When this virus started becoming a threat to our way of life the 1st thing the wife & I did was take inventory of our food situation..With what we had at the time we figured we could last 3 - 4 weeks without leaving the house, maybe longer..Wife went to the local grocery store yesterday & said it was stocked up good with everything except TP, hand sanitizer & wipes..I guess all we can do is monitor the situation & react to changes from here on out !!

I see that this post has turned into a mini novel haha..Gonna try to get a nap in & need to make a couple phone calls later..

Hope everyone is having a great Monday & staying safe/healthy !! - SpitzoMT

Almost forgot..Mr. Clean you asked about Mya..Here she is getting lots of rest & social distancing !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.