Author Topic: Anyone tried the magnifying screen for the aqua vu?  (Read 1916 times)

The Wad

I'm thinking of buying the magnifying screen for my aqua vu, but I'm not sure how much it would distort the picture. Anyone tried it?

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:Anyone tried the magnifying screen for the aqua vu?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2003, 09:25 PM »
I've been using one for two seasons.  If I'm using the camera in the shack then it's a given, the mag screen is on the unit.  The picture isn't quite as sharp, but definitely not distorted.  It's also relatively inexpensive.  I don't think you would regret buying it...

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2003, 08:40 PM »
I bought one two years ago and found it to be absolutely useless when used outside the hut.  Inside my small hut there's no reason to use it.  Save your money or use it to buy a nice Ice Shanty sweatshirt!  ;D

Offline swalleyi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2003, 07:08 AM »
I agree with Lucky Dog.
Repeat after me:   I'm a man, i can change, if i have to, i guess.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2003, 09:19 AM »
Mag screen was not designed for outside use.  You have to keep this in mind when purchasing.   Do you guys use your monitor outdoors with the sunscreen off?  It would be pretty useless too.  Just looks pure white.   Mag screen works great inside the shanty.  Much better than staring at that little 4 inch screen.  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.