The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Highland Lake - Falmouth  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
Highland Lake - Falmouth
« on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:23 PM »
Went out on highland for the first time for a few hours with my daughter. Fishing was very slow. 2 flags no fish. Is that lake typically slow?

Offline 413iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Highland Lake - Falmouth
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2022, 09:32 PM »
The lake is difficult, need to fish the correct bait and right location...I fished everyday for an entire winter to find the honey holes. Great small mouths if you can find them.

Offline laxgoalie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2022, 11:04 AM »
I've had luck right where you walk out at the "Boat Launch" on the south end of the lake for largemouth bass and pickerel. I have always had good luck on the western side of the lake bass fishing in the summer. Be really careful out there, a lot of spots where you could run an auger into rocks..

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2022, 01:28 PM »
Used to be browns in there. Right woodchip ?

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2022, 02:42 PM »
We both saw the Retired Dentist land a 5+ lb Brown out in front of Elm ice house barn  near spring hole . That was 70 yrs ago!

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2022, 04:15 PM »
We both saw the Retired Dentist land a 5+ lb Brown out in front of Elm ice house barn  near spring hole . That was 70 yrs ago!
Such relevant info 🤣

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2022, 07:52 AM »

Zglobicki , the eye Dr. in the Falmouth Shopping Center was there, but he wasn't the one who caught it. The only dentist there was me.

Offline St.Bernard14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2022, 09:09 AM »
Great place to fish when you find the spots....only bass, perch, and pickerel available though... Falmouth town council and the Highland lake association have a back door deal to keep boaters off the lake....therefore the state "who wanted to put in a brand new boat launch" decided to stop stocking browns and salmon in the waters.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.