Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609644 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19080 on: Mar 28, 2020, 03:07 PM »
Good afternoon rain started in late morning hours weather guessers say it will be here for the weekend. My nephew arrived safely back in NJ. early on Friday morning. His college is rebuilding all of their dorms so shares an appartment found by the college in the city of Hoboken,NJ. . Self isolating himself there for 2 weeks then will come home. Like other colleges all classes are now on-line. He has received word for the college there will be no graduation ceremony and diplomas will be mailed to graduates home addresses. In other new my county DA is investigating a police shooting in neighboring city of Newburgh. This happened on Friday evening when police approached a gentlemen to question him about report of gun shoots fired earlier the man had a handgun which he used to fire at officers who returned fire hitting him taken to local hospital where he died from his injuries. One police officers also being treated for gun shot wound. City mayor has asked to public to stay claim and called for a transparent investigation by the DA.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the reply on hand gun permits. I should have worded my question better wondering what is involved for a first time purchaser to obtain a riffle/shotgun and is a permit neede to transport the gun to hunting areas.
Eddie I,m sure you are correct and we will she purchase limits on certain items for quite some time. did you get in any gardening before the rain started today. Guess you will be working until the Governor orders a shut down now that you have been classified as an essential worker.
Hunts2long think all banks/credit unions will go to drive up and appointment required for lobby services. I'm sure your niece is getting all kinds of crazy questions. Agree with Wallyworld some people looking to escape the cities/high population areas. they will only add to the strain on local food markets in rural areas . Plus possible added burden the local medical system.
TomTurkey looks like you will have find another way to dispose of the leaves. Thank you for the info. on male turkey's. sad to hear about Bob Evans's employees.
Wallyorld i take it baked goods do not last long in your house. I don't want to broaden the divide that exists between "down sate' and up state NY. residents but you will love this part of the Governor's Covid-19 plan is to transport virus victims to upstate hospitals if the down state hospital become over burdened with patients.
whopper Stopper guess you will be able to start knocking things off the "Honey Do" list once the last ree job is completed. If Arrow's arrow is passing through her body may the process not cause her any additional harm and pain.

Have a good evening.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19081 on: Mar 28, 2020, 07:45 PM »
Good evening all, sounds like a good project for Monday, with the revised work schedule, UI office, at least a phone call maybe.

Latest twist is "NO RETURNS or Exchanges"....Until this virus thing is over.

Might have to check out the garden seeds, before they all disappear.  My garden area is still frozen  ::)

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19082 on: Mar 28, 2020, 10:40 PM »
Hey all
Still around just been stupid busy.
I finally have a day off and what do I do?
I sit on the couch and chill.  ::)
Currently -13F with -24F windchill. Still have lots of winter left.

We still have only the 1 case of the 19 here and the gubmint is aiming to keep it that way.
Territorial borders are locked down. Only essential traffic (food, fuel, mail etc.) and NWT residents are allowed in.
Residents returning from outside have to quarantine in one of 4 towns (they even provide the accommodations)

Having a hard time locating flour here but I got a good supply if grub to last a while.
I have to admit the working from home thing is nice. Even though I've had to go in everyday since the shutdown to configure laptops for our instructors because it seems either they don't own one or they do only have one for the whole family or they own a POS way old MAC that won't run the remote connection software. I mean, seriously?  Losers!!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm really hoping this thing goes on all summer so I can hang at the cabin and save my vacation time.   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Gas prices are lower than the mid 90's right now. It's pretty amazing. I expect them to keep drooping as long as the travelers are staying put and the stocks become more and more bloated.

Might actually get to start on that old popup conversion so I have a permy @ the lake too. Should be able to put aside some time before ice out when I'm stuck at home "working".  ;)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19083 on: Mar 28, 2020, 10:57 PM »
I was just told that our great Governess has banned the sale of Alcohol at midnight to night. Back to proabition in Michigan. She has already banned the prescribing of  the drug that has treated the virus in a lot of people.

EDIT

FACEBLABBER FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19084 on: Mar 28, 2020, 11:33 PM »
I was just told that our great Governess has banned the sale of Alcohol at midnight to night. Back to proabition in Michigan. She has already banned the prescribing of  the drug that has treated the virus in a lot of people.

Lemme guess Democrat.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19085 on: Mar 29, 2020, 04:44 AM »

Good morning Dave, ER's,
                         It's 39* and it must be drizzling because the weather cat came in off of his morning patrol slightly wet, but the rain gauge hasn't gained. ::)
                         Steve.........In purchasing a rifle/shotgun all you have to do is fill out a form at the store and pay for the idem and walk out. Unless you are
             purchase an assault type rifle, which you can not do in NY. Then an FBI background check is done, in most cases it is done on the spot. ;)2
                           Wally........One one of my part time neighbors called to see to see if the virus has hit up here, he lives on Long Island. He wants to come up
             I told him things aren't much better up here as for supplies, a few cases have been reported here, mainly from people coming up to their second homes.
             I've heard of a rumor that their will be a travel ban from the city. Mass. has stopped people from NY in to their state. This is a scary time for a lot of
             people.  :unsure:
                           Marv........Good going helping Jen spread the wood chips. :flex: :clap: Time to take a rest. :thumbsup:
                           Dave........The cabin would be a great place to self quarantine. Road blocks should have been set up where this 19 pops up to contain the
             the spread. :blink:
                           Tom..........What's up with your governor, banning a drug that will help ease the virus? ???
                           Bud...........If you are a high risk person, you might be able to lay yourself off and get full benefits :unsure:
                           H2L...........I take it your soil is sandy so it dries out quickly so you can do some raking. Here my soil has a lot of loam in it so it takes
            a while to dry out. ::)
                           I-45..........I hope all is well with you and your wife. :thumbsup:
                           Not much going on today, I talked with #2 son yesterday hes's back to work, they are taking a bridge down over I-90 thruway, the bridge
            has been hit by taller than the 13'6" height limit trucks several times, the bridge has been closed for a couple of months.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at home. Stay healthy and safe!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19086 on: Mar 29, 2020, 04:49 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
   Raining and 40*,  high of 46 today.

H2...will probably be hearing about many more fleeing the City. Understand Rhode Island is stopping vehicle’s with NY plates and our Gov. is threatening to sue them.   :whistle:
  Wally...saw a couple bikes out yesterday getting a ride in before the rain came.
  Tom...I had hoped to burn off a bunch of sticks and limbs yesterday and maybe cook on the fire, everything was soaked from the snow melt. We have a similar burn ban in effect here, but an outside fireplace used for cooking gets around that.   :thumbsup:  No alcohol or allowing the use of that prescription may create a problem for your Governess...yikes!
  Marv...glad to read the saw is running like a champ! Enjoy your day off!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...good news on your nephews return and self isolation.  :thumbsup:    Very unfortunate about the graduation ceremonies, but understandable. Have recently lost two friends over the last two weeks, not virus related...sadly, not allowed to attend wake or funeral services.
  Bud...best of luck with the unemployment benefits!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...that’s great news on still only having that one confirmed case!   :clap:  Perhaps that continuous cold temp has been playing a big part. What is the gas price at now up your way?
  Jeff... hope you found something to keep you busy yesterday/today.   :thumbsup:

Got a few hours in around the yard and garden yesterday, didn’t get everything done I had planned, but do we ever?  ;D   Took a short ride over to one of the local lakes, boat launch was busy.
  Not much on the planner today with the weather....need a few things from the grocery store and not really looking forward to that....Cawfee’s on...
   Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19087 on: Mar 29, 2020, 06:57 AM »
Happy Sunday. 41* rain and fog.
Eddie, I think overall the government is doing OK with this. It would be NICE if they were all using the same playbook. Our Gov. wants everyone to stay in place except for those that are leaving, then that is OK. Isn't that the same program he had with the taxes, get people to leave. I don't think he has ever worried about UPSTATERS.

IW, yes yard is mostly sand and dries up pretty fast. The only part I was able to rank was on the South facing side of the house. Wanted to get it cleaned out so the flowers warm up and open. Still some snow and ice on the other sides of the house.

Lindsay came up to see us yesterday. We all sat out on the deck, six feet away, and talked. She wore her mask. Didn't bring the dogs and only stayed about 45 minutes. She doesn't like the Amsterdam water for drinking so she has been getting water here to drink.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19088 on: Mar 29, 2020, 07:34 AM »
46* with more rain coming. I was going to put out the rain gauge the other day. I didn't as I knew there would more freezing temps that would break it. We got a lot of rain yesterday. Just got light enough to see it is foggy.

Sorry for the fake news post last night. I did not know the info came from fake blabber. Our democrat governor doing it would not surprise me. One of the many breweries in Grand Rapids is now making hand sanitizer out of their alcohol. Some one brought a bunch of material to the treasurer of our senior canter to make masks from. She has been busy at that as her daughter will not let her leave the house. She turned 83 on Friday.

ww Do you have plenty of eggs. From what I can figure out online our 49 cent eggs are now $2.00.  I was warned about this sky rocket in price last week but did not act on it. :( Might just be another shortage scam.) I do remember that one of the major egg producers lost two barns to fire last year. 50,000 hens in each fire. I think there is TP being held back to help with the hoarding from what I was told by a guy that works at our Family Dollar.
The roads are pretty clean around here. I need to get the gravel out of the yard that the plows put in it the out of my driveway before the grass needs mowed.

Drifter You guessed right as to the governors party. Sadly it is hard to beat the SE part of the state being a Democrat stronghold with their high population. I
I wish they could close the southern border here. It would be impossible to do with all of the roads crossing the border. Good luck on being able to  save your vacation time and being able to work from your cabin at the same time.

Time for my reduced breakfast. Only two eggs instead of three.

Gas prices are all over the place here. $1.52 in town, $1.65 three miles north and 18 mile west. It is $1.45 25 miles west of here.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19089 on: Mar 29, 2020, 07:58 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....eggs were scarce for the first week or so but seem to be readily available now ( at least the last time I shopped) gas prices are dropping pretty fast $2.24 & $2.35 here in town, $2.10 5 miles away  :wacko: 

MrC.....don't think anyone's happy with the thought of NYC bringing covid19 patients to upstate hospitals  :nono:

H2L.....good to hear Lindsay stopped in for a visit, sure it lifted MrsH2's and your spirits  :thumbsup: :clap:

WS.....taking a day off today to rest  ???  ;)2

Eddie.....that to do list never gets completely checked off  :whistle:  :roflmao: 

IFF.....good idea to at least give them a call and see where you stand, good luck  ;)

IW.....I see NY, NJ and Conn are all under a "suggested" travel ban, no one except critical workers should be crossing any state lines  ::) :blink:  not really sure how that would be enforced  :unsure:

A rainy windy day with the chance of thunderstorms later  :pinch:  lots of crocus and daffodils coming up  :thumbsup: :clap:  looking forward to seeing those beautiful yellow flowers again  :clap: 

Have a good day.  Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19090 on: Mar 29, 2020, 08:41 AM »
Good Morning ER's warm and soggy here. Ya know the bait stores should be considered on the emergency list I only have enough for a couple weeks. I liked the little old lady on Jack Par show- He asks if she will vote- she says oh no no- he asks her why- she then says it only encourages them.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19091 on: Mar 29, 2020, 10:21 AM »
Good Morning, Folks

Cloudy, damp, very light mist on & off, mid 40's, no wind or breeze

NJ is issuing tickets at this time to gatherings of people, warnings are a 'thing of the past', next will be mandatory, boardwalks are being fenced off to prevent walkers from
      passing each other with less than the 6 ft. passing rule, beaches are closed & fenced off to prevent large gatherings

The aircraft carrier that son Andrew was on is in Guam under Quarantine because of virus, he's glad he got out when he did, he keeps in touch with a couple of the sailors
      he befriended while on board, doesn't sound too promising at this time

No ban on booze yet, gas is slowly coming down-if you hunt for it, it can be found for $2.02/gal. 87 octane

Ellie & I are in as good a shape as can be expected, Domino is bored with the rain preventing her from being out in the yard, let me grab a leash & she perks right up, wonder ?

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19092 on: Mar 29, 2020, 12:41 PM »
Good day rain has stopped for the moment but sky is still over cast and have winds in the 10 mph range with some higher gusts. I have not watched the local new so no update from me on the police shooting.
IFF the department and supermarket/grocery stores here have adopted similar policy sings up at entrance/exit saying all sales are final. may you be eligible for some type of unemployment.
Drifter thank you for the photo personally think we will see similar here in the U.S. as many people are ignoring the stay at home suggestion/order. Since U.S. and Canadian citizens enjoy many freedoms once some of them are restricted folks get upset and we may see some civil unrest. Look on the internet or see if Canadian TV sports network are broadcasting old Maple Leafs or other hockey games so you can escape for a while from all that is currently happening in our world.
Ice w thank you for the info. on riffles and shotgun. Personally surprised that an order has not been issued banning or limiting guns and ammo purchases at this time. Maybe your son will be working with Eddie's boys believe they also do bridge maintenance.
Eddie my condolences on the passing of your friends hopefully their families will hold memorial services at a future date. Glad you were able to get some work done on the garden before the rain started.
Hunts2long good that Lindsay could visit with you. Has she thought of getting some type of water filter.
Wallyworld I will have to keep a watch on travel regulations between states with Easter fast approaching my sister and i are discussing plans for that day. So you will not be on the side of Thruway or route 81 with a sign welcome NYC residents to the Central NY. ;D :roflmao: :whistle: Hopefully things don't get that far and the Governor's plan is not carried out.
Old Goat good luck getting bait shops classified as essential businesses.  ;D :whistle: Hope all is good with your family and you.
Capt.Jim little sad to hear people will get ticketed for ignoring the social distancing suggestion/rule. Assume folks are thinking about themselves and believe things will be better by going to areas that have lower populations at this time of year. Guees they don't want to realize doing so will help spread the virus and possibly overburden the medical network in these area if confirmed cases increase.
Icefisher-45 it has been some time since your last post hope all is well with you ,your wife,Mr.Dickens and extended family.
Whopper Stopper may you be having a relaxing day at home. Have you purchased any new games to play so you are not stuck playing cribbage when the "Girls" have free time. ::)

Everyone stay calm we willl get through this and then deal with the changes Covid-19 has brought to our world and lives. Best of health to all of you.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19093 on: Mar 29, 2020, 04:15 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

After a wet Saturday afternoon and evening, we woke to a dusting of fresh snow. The girls spent most of the day watching movies from Red Box. I have a hard time sitting through movies so I spent some time at the reloading bench.

mr.clean no new board games here ;D

I grabbed the card out of the camera and found a couple videos to share. Hope you all like them.

Have a good afternoon-evening no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19094 on: Mar 29, 2020, 04:52 PM »
WS....so funny, just like humans the boys are showing off and the girls are ignoring them  ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19095 on: Mar 29, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Weather is the same as yesterday.
Just chillin' again. ;)

Eddie it's about $2.50 US a gallon after conversion. Pretty darn cheap considering how much it has been.

TT  I figured as much. Lets piss off the people by taking away things that help ease the suffering. They have already said ours will stay open along with the weed sales. In Ontario they are passing legislation so that restaurants (that can now only offer take out or delivery) can sell booze too. So if you say liked to go out on Fridays and have a steak and beers you can do takeout or delivery of the same. :)

Mr C. They have been showing some good games. I watched a 1991 game between Boston and Quebec this morning where Quebec's goalie made 70 saves.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19096 on: Mar 29, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Looks like my only UI would be if I am laid off, which the company doesn't want to do. Believe their mind set is wait everyone out and have us quit. next couple weeks are for two shifts. 

Will be firing up the smoker tomorrow, managed to pick up couple loaves of bread and some hamburger. 

Marv guess your critters are ignoring the Stay Home order LOL
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19097 on: Mar 29, 2020, 08:34 PM »
Good evening think i received little to no rain since this morning.
Whopper Stopper thanks for today's videos appears the turkey mating season has started in your area. quite the diversity of wildlife by your home. 
Drifter glad you are able to watch some hockey. I have on NBC sports network show 2013 Stanley Cup playoff series game between the Maple Leafs and Bruins. I forgot Jarimir Yager played for the Bruins before finishing out his NHL career. Also have to get used to seeing "Jumbo " Joe Thorton in a Bruins jersey so used to him playing with the Sharks.
IFF sad you can not get partial unemployment. I believe many companies in the retail field will only offer unpaid leaves  concerned their business interruption  insurance will not cover any claims caused by Covid-19. My sister works in the insurance industry took part in a teleconference last week the interruption insurance was one topic of discussion basic feeling is you have no claim to benifits because interruption was caused by government order. Similar to exclusions on home owners policies. Like so much else in this world it comes down to money.
tomturkey i think similar concern caused you Governor to ban use of the medication used to treat Malaria that has show to help with the Corona Virus. If the CDC and FDA rush this medication through the approval process.

Have a good evening folks.
 Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19098 on: Mar 30, 2020, 05:25 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Spooky, but here it is after 6 am and I'm the first to post this morning!!! I hope everyone is doing well and just  sleeping in or running late and don't have time to post!! We're alive and well down here and I hope the same is true for all of you!! Keep well and be safe!! :flex: :thumbsup: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19099 on: Mar 30, 2020, 05:31 AM »
Good morning OS! Good morning everyone :bow:

33 crawling into the mid 50's later today.

Just a quick Hello before giving up the computer to the office staff. Hope you all have as good of day as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19100 on: Mar 30, 2020, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....all is good here, just doing my morning news briefing before posting  ;)2  glad to hear you and MrsOS are hanging in there  :flex:   :thumbsup:

WS.....enjoy your day sir  ;)   tinkering or puttering  ???   :woot:

IFF.....sorry to hear unemployment won't work  :(  hope you get on some water again soon  :)

OG.....think the smaller bait shops are still open around here, definitely should be considered essential  ;D

CapJ.....glad your son isn't stranded on a ship somewhere, thoughts and prayers to all the servicemen and women who are sacrificing so much for us, not just now but always   :bow: :flex: :thumbsup:

Eddie.....assume you were running behind this dreary Monday morning  :unsure:

MrC.....there'll be no welcome mat roll out here  ::)  seems moving patients upstate will only spread the virus farther faster  :wacko:  thought that's why we aren't supposed to be out and about  :blink:

Picked up a pizza & wings from a local pizza joint last night, the owner couldn't have been more appreciative thanking me over and over for my business. Got to be hard times for these Mom & Pop places  :(

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19101 on: Mar 30, 2020, 06:26 AM »
Good Morning. 40* and cloudy.
OS, good to see you "up and about" so early.
I have been watching some of the old games. How the "shot clock" and "3 point" shot changed NCAA basketball and how it is played.
Watched the President last night. Maybe putting some numbers on this thing will get more people "really" thinking about it.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l

WW, good morning. We try to order out about once a week. There are 4/5 places close by. Pizza, burgers, fish fry (Lent) and Chinese. Not sure why, but the Chinese place has been closed. They are very nice people and work very hard. Their parents use to run it....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19102 on: Mar 30, 2020, 08:10 AM »

Good morning Everyone,
                          It's 39* and cloudy here on my hill. A dreary day ahead. ::)
                          I went to the grocery store for the seniors hour, that's why I'm late. :o
                          OS I'm glad to hear that everything is good by you. Is your wife still going for her treatments? I wish her well. :thumbsup:
                          Wally........Watching the news just gets us depressed, it's the same old thing but the #'s are different. There is so much uncertainty
                 in it. This virus is so new and no real data to go by. A lot of guess work going on. :unsure:
                          Steve.......Give it time, sometime down the road someone will shoot someone else for stealing TP or something, the the talk will
                 start and more of our rights will be taken away. :cookoo: What is Cuomo thinking, he doesn't want people to travel upstate but he wants to
                 send infected patients up here. I White plains there is a civic center big enough to open another hospital. Duh.
                          Bud..........Sorry Unemployment didn't work out, probably because you ate considered a part time worker. :(
                          Marv.........Have a good day puttering. :thumbsup:
                          Eddie........I hope you had a good day off and got some rest. :flex:
                          Steve........Eddie's boys work for a different company, I believe they work for a union shop and mine works for an open shop. :flex:
                          H2L...........It's a shame but since this thing started in China, a lot of people will boycott a local business just because. Shameful to
                  think that way. :%$#!:
                          Oh at the grocery store now if you bring your own bags you have to bag your own groceries but if you buy a new one they will bag it. :cookoo:
                          I guess it's another putter day here on my hill. You'd think I'd have it all puttered out,LOL :roflmao:
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work if you can or at home. Stay safe and healthy.

IW

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19103 on: Mar 30, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Morning, Gang

Cloudy, maybe some sun later (maybe), highs supposed to get near mid 50's

Just a morning check-in, no big changes with anything here

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19104 on: Mar 30, 2020, 10:07 AM »
ww The wife looked at eggs at our local store. The cheapest ones were $2.50 a dozen. Hopping the Covid patients do no get sent north furthering the chance of it getting spread north. The people treating the patients are getting some severe damage to there heads from wearing all of the protective gear they have to were. The masks making some serious sores around their ears. They show their devotion to their careers with what they are going through to protect us. 

In Michgan we can open carry pistols legally. It used to be easy as it was approved by the sheriff. I had one for a few years as I carried my 22 revolver on the trap line. I let it expire. When I called the local state trooper. He told me I could not legally take it out of my house with out a cancelled carry permit. I told him he better get some schooling on the matter as I knew better. At that time I was not friends with his commander or I would have gone to him to straighten out the guy.

Steve I saw that the CDC has OKed the use of the Malaria drug to help people with their fight of the virus. I am listening to a press conference by our governess right now. So far she has not said anything about letting doctors use the drug she has banned them from using.

Drifter Most of our bait shops have been able to stay open. A lot of them also sell guns so they can not be forced to close, so far.

Capt. Jim I used to have to be careful If I was in the drawer where I kept my dogs choke collar. If he heard it rattle he would be wanting to go for a walk.

marv It is good to see you have a ring neck around. I have only seen one in the last 20 years. Arrows arrow looks long hanging out. It must be almost ready to come out. Hitting on a tree limb when going to roost might make it come out. if you know where she roosts you may be able to find it.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19105 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:36 PM »
TT---- My question is how to tell Arrow from all of the other hens if the arrow does come out ??? Maybe Marv can spray paint her pink before it does!! :woot: :clap: ;)2 :whistle: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19106 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:46 PM »
OS Look at her wing on the other side of where the arrow sticks out. It looks like it has permanent damage from when she was shot. It sticks up and does not lay flat like the rest of the hens. I doubt that it will go away if and when the arrow falls out.
If Marv could get close enough to spray Arrow pink he could probably jerk the arrow out at the same time.

I have been tempted to live trap all of the stray cats that wander my neighbor hood. The spray them with orange paint when I release them.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19107 on: Mar 30, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Good afternoon another day of overcast sky and weather guesser's calling for rain(snow at elevations over 1 thousand feet later today) I'm seeing signs of Spring leaves starting to appear on some trees,forsythia is coming into bloom and some flowers coming through the ground. There was a rally for the police shooting this past Saturday thankfully things stayed peaceful.
OldSailor good to read you and the wife are hanging in there,once again thanks for your daily joke posts.
Whopper Stopper ,curious did your wife find a way to relive the eye strain caused by her smaller computer monitor . Did you move location of game camera/cameras your firewood supply used to be visible.
Wallyworld hopefully there is no need to transport hospital patients from down to upstate. Given the overall higher stress level at this time doing so could only increase the tensions between up and down state NY. residents. Small business owners are happy for business at this time.
Ice Wanderer may things not get to the point where someone gets shot over something stupid. The plan to transport patients does go againest the stay at home message think the reasoning is some hospitals/areas medical facilities will be overloaded when we reach the peak of covid-19 infections so to relieve that strain more patients to area s of the state with lower cases.we may see similar with inmates if the virus takes off at certain prisons. The Javitts Center in Manhatten has been converted into a hospital and a navy ship is now in NYC harbor from the latest Governor's update both of these will operate as general hospitals not covid-19 centers . Believe he is talking with the President and medical officials about this since both places will have military service personal working at their locations. I assume your grocery store is concerned about bags brought in be customers maybe infected so they will only bag groceries using bags from their supply. Thank you for the info. on your and Eddie's son.
Capt.Jim hope folks are starting to follow the stay at home order and need to issue tickets does not increase. Hopefully by the start of Summer vacation season this have returned to "normal so your area of NJ. does not take a big economic hit .
Tomturkey extremely fast for the CDC to approve a drug for use with more information supplied to her may your governor change her mind. Interesting to learn about gun laws in different areas of the country. i paid $1.29 for a half dozen eggs last week. I have not seen that many ring neck pheasants in my section of NY. either possible NYS is no longer raising and releasing them into the wild.

Have a good Monday whatever you do.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19108 on: Mar 30, 2020, 03:18 PM »
TT---- My question is how to tell Arrow from all of the other hens if the arrow does come out ??? Maybe Marv can spray paint her pink before it does!! :woot: :clap: ;)2 :whistle: :bow:

Just look for the bird with a giant arrow sticking out of it.  ;)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19109 on: Mar 30, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Just look for the bird with a giant arrow sticking out of it.  ;)
We were talking AFTER the arrow comes out!!  :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.