Author Topic: Nils auger  (Read 3438 times)

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Nils auger
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2017, 07:49 PM »
6"Nils and a Milwaukee 18 Fuel. Made my own adapter. Cut a 9" disc from the bottom of a plastic kitty litter pail, drilled a hole in center and placed over shaft of auger in the event of chuck loosening and auger falling in hole. Have not had that happen with Milwaukee drill but did with Dewalt and am glad had disc in place.

Offline Curt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2017, 02:44 PM »
I have a 6" nils and it cuts great. Have had it for several seasons, just be careful with it as others have said. I just put a 6" lazer cover on mine and it works great.

Offline tgskidoo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:04 PM »
got mine on a big snap on 1/2 drill it flat out eats the ice. 

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:43 PM »
I've had mine for 4 yrs and it works great  You just have to learn how to use your arms to crank it.. i only use it for ice over 8" other wise its my trusty Mora auger.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2017, 09:30 PM »
I got the nils setup for the dril already has disk on the shaft. Put the power head on too. Cuts great! No more getting hung up just before punching through. Nice on the length to.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Nils is the way to go.  I've had mine for 4 yrs.  I only use it on 8" of ice or more.  When i can't turn the crank anymore it will be the K-Drill.  What a cutting machine it is.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:00 AM »
Another one of my favorite topics.  First off the offset handles are because they are from Finland and that is a European handle designed to use both arms for faster cutting in the competitive arena. Secondly they are one of my primary sponsers so I have a couple of all sizes and they are by far the best in the world. I've used them all and even the kdrill sucks compared to the nils. A spare head is one option of course but for $20 plus shipping they have two certified sharpening techs, send them out at the end of the season and you're ready for the ice next year. Nils website also sells the adapter and conversion plate for those of you who need them. I've been running the 4 1/2 and my 6 on the tournament trail and have cut easily 1000 holes already this year with no dulling, so like others have said take care of your tools. Heck I still have my old finbor 6 in which is also pre nils. If you want the most extreme cutting experience buy the six inch blue auger with the red head. An inch of ice per revolution. Fish on my friends and tight lines
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline Dougie51869

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A day of fishin, is better than any other day
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:12 PM »
Well since theres time to reply and no ice as of right now. Yhe little bit i did get to use it i love it  by far the best purchase. I have the 6  inch blue one with red head and idk about an inch per revolution but still vuts like butter.

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2017, 04:42 PM »
K-drill made in USA ,9lb,$20 replacement blades,no plate needed,also no stupid circle to watch your cloths on ,$180-$200 if you watch sales, doesn't catch at bottom of hole & free blade sharpening. I know I don't have a sponsor,but how can all that suck ? I forgot it floats too , yes I tried it out ! Lol

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:59 AM »
Just got my adapter for my Nils but doesn't sound like it will be used till next year.  Also the cold snap cover is a must!
Fish on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.