Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609931 times)

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15120 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:22 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....glad MrsIF doesn't have to be on the roads  :clap:

Eddie.....some days it doesn't matter what you do those pesky fish just won't play  ::)   :icefish:  still beats a good day at work tho  ;)2

TT.....hope you can get the insurance issues squared away soon  :-\ 

IW.....hang in there sir, we're all here for you  ;)

WS....nothing better than not having to get into a cold vehicle after working all day, way to score atta boy points  :thumbsup: :bow: :whistle:

MrC.....hope you didn't get hit too hard with snow overnight  :-\

Picked up a couple inches of fluffy snow last night, no biggie  ;D  bright sunshine right now  :thumbsup:  quiet day today, nothing much going on  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15121 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:25 AM »
IW, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15122 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Good morning gang,

IW and MW, so sorry to hear about your loss. You're in all of our thoughts and prayers.

I had to work all night testing a new engine generator and putting it into service to provide back-up power to our air traffic control tower so I'm headed home to get some sleep, then off to Oklahoma City at 6am tomorrow for 2 weeks for training.

Hope everyone has a good day!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15123 on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Deere.....safe travels sir  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15124 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Good morning guessing I received a snow fall total similar to Eddie's snow clean contractor was on site around 6:30 and is finishing their work.
Eddie hope the roads were not to bad for your early morning trip to work.
Whopper Stopper good your getting a break from new snow fall with the temperature you will be burning up some of the fire wood supply.
Wallyworld the amount of snow I received is better then the possible high of 10 inches. Lucky I have good neighbors my vehicle was cleared of snow and snow shovel from in front of it when i looked out my window this morning . Just had to move to spot already plowed.  :clap: :clap:
Deerefishyfishy may your girls have school today so the house is quite and you can sleep. Once again safe travels to you.
Icefisher-45 nice that your wife is home today so you can take your time with the snow clean up .

Have a safe and good day, stay alert when traveling to many people who do not clean the snow from roofs of their vehicles.
Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15125 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Good Morning ER's condolences to IW and MW family and friends. Prayers from WI. Bud your leg is responding now sounds good.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15126 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:47 AM »
IW/MW my condolences on your loss.  :( I'll keep you in my prayers!!
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15127 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:29 PM »
Good Evening everyone, They just came to reposes my truck. My wife has worked very hard to keep it. It took a long time for me to rebuild my credit so I could buy a new truck. Then I got hurt and have no income. Hoping i’ll Be able to rebuild my credit again. I hope everyone had a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15128 on: Mar 05, 2019, 01:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 6* this am, high of 23 for today.

I-45...feel for you, that for lack of other words just sucks. Hopefully today will bring better news on your case, hang in there!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...the main roads weren’t too bad yesterday here, secondary’s were another story. Think you asked a question about catching the fish in the deep water....we take our time after hooking up and ‘’ burp ‘’ them coming up. Many times you can actually see the air bubbles come up through the hole. A quick picture and a measurement then back in the water until they swim off on their own.
  DFF...safe travels and hope all goes well with your training Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...guessing you’ve about had enough of the snow removal for this season...hoping there isn’t too many more snowy days left now.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...thoughts and prayers sent.
  Wally...best of luck to you if heading out fishing today!    :thumbsup:
  H2....hope everything is going well, how was the bowling Sunday night?

Back on demo today, early start/quit. My wife’s B’Day today....the kids will be by around dinner time for cake and ice cream and a Happy Birthday song.   ;D
  Will check in later this am to see how everyone is doing.....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15129 on: Mar 05, 2019, 04:36 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....happy birthday to MrsEddie  :thumbsup: :clap:  hope your day flies by  ;)

IF45.....sorry to hear about your truck  :(   remember tho , it's only "a thing"  your health is what matters   

Heading out in a bit to see if the fish are willing to play again today  :icefish:  :tipup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15130 on: Mar 05, 2019, 04:59 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

o degrees may see +10 later today. They are still guessing next snow is Saturday night.

45 so sorry to read that, I think Eddies word is spot on. Try and keep positive.

Eddie Happy Birthday to Mrs Mason :clap: Please pass on a big Birthday hug for me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yes Eddie the snow is getting old. My neighbor has been snowmobiling for the last week and he said the trails are the best they have been in 30 years. Glad to hear some like it :whistle:

IW keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

WW hope yesterday proved to be a quiet day :thumbsup: It won't be long and it will be time to get the bike out :thumbsup:

I am dropping the wife off again this morning, this afternoon we have to get our passports renewed.

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter what you have on the agenda.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15131 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:59 AM »
IW MW My condolences for your loss. Prayers have been sent.

IF-45 I know it is hard but keep your chin up. I think that you have applied for disability SS. I kept checkking on my case to see how things were going. When I was told that it was approved I had to push my case worker to get it finished up. I had all the documentation needed when I applied so that helped get it through.

I did not call Medicare yesterday as I spent a lot of the day helping out a group of people that are going after the Assn Board for the way they are operating. They can not get printed copies of the minutes of meetings or where the money is being spent. There is a board meeting next week. I will be their asking some pointed questions. One of which will be how much money it is costing the ASsn to have the management company to do what the former boards did with no pay.

It finally came out on how the governesss of the stateis going to "Fix the Dam Roads" that she ran on.40+ cents more gas tax that will probably be spent for some thing else. That is what happend to the money  on the last gas tax increase.

Time to getready to hit the road to try and get the wife to her appoinment to have her wrist looked at.

Please excuse the typing mistakes. Every time I try to correct them it erases what is typed ahead of the correction so it had to be tyepd all over again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15132 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning. 0 degrees and clear. No wind.
Eddie, Happy Birthday to the wife.
Ice-45, hang in there, things have to get better.
WW, cool start this morning. Hope you get into some fish.
We bowled very good on Sunday. Took 3 of 4 points. The 2 teams that were tied for second place were still bowling when we left. If they split the 4 points we are in pretty good shape going into the last week.
Have to take the Jeep in for an oil change and tire rotation this morning.  Also have to get an estimate on front bumper/grill, someone must have hit me at sometime. Noticed it last weekend. Really not sure when it could have happened. Maybe valet parking at the hospital. It doesn't show up very well, all black plastic. There is more metal in a "hot wheel" than on a car today.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15133 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, chilly this morning at 14 degrees.

Deerefishy hope the kids are at school so you can get some sleep. Good luck with your training.

Hunts2long Sounds like you had a good bowling night? How is your wife feeling? That stinks the about the Jeep.

Tom Turkey I hope your wife’s wrist feels better. Thank you i’ll Check my status. It’s been a couple of weeks.

Wally World hope you have a good day on the ice and catch many fish.

Mason Eddie hope your wife has a great birthday.

My wife shot off a email to our lawyer to see what’s taking so long. She’s coming home early today so we can go to Mardi Gra at the church tonight. Their burning palms and having a pancake sausage dinner after. I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15134 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:21 PM »
Good evening ER's!! I finished my last therapy this afternoon and I'm on my own now. My hand has come a long way since I started therapy. I see the doctor in a couple of weeks. The pinkie they wanted to amputate is coming along well! The ball was in my court on that one!!!! I hope everyone is  healing up or feeling well and you all have a good evening!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15135 on: Mar 05, 2019, 05:59 PM »
Good news OS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15136 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:20 PM »
H2L...bummer on the front end.  Your weather sounds like it would have been a good day to be fishing instead of dealing with fenderbender stuff.

OS, good to read your getting back in the game  :thumbsup:

Checked the work schedule for tomorrow, thinking I could slip out on some ice.  But alas I am the only closer, and would leave the store in a bind if I called out.

Looks like I might as well hope I get my fishing fix come open water.
Bud

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15137 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Evening gang,

Been a long day of travelling. Had 3 flights and the first one left at 6 am so I had to be up by 4 to get to the airport by 5. Elmira to Detroit, Detroit to Atlanta, Atlanta to Oklahoma City. Got out here and checked into the hotel at about 4:30 Central Time. Going to hit the hay soon and try to catch up on a little sleep tonight then off to class at 7am.

Hope everyone has a good night and day tomorrow! Good luck, stay safe, feel better, etc...
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15138 on: Mar 06, 2019, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  Clear skies and 7* this am, high of 25 today. Winds are supposed to pick up 10-20mph this morning. Figures, we will be outside at some point setting bases on those sonotubes we poured last week, lol.

DFF...good luck with the training classes.   :thumbsup:
  OS...great news!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Was having a problem getting internet connection again this am...falling short on time. Will have to catch up to you all this afternoon. Thank You for the B’Day wishes to my wife all, had a nice time with most of the family last evening.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15139 on: Mar 06, 2019, 05:01 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

+5 with a high of around +20. Another crap event Saturday night into Sunday. They are still unsure if we are in for another 10" of snow or if we are going to get rain ??? We usually get 10" of snow in March for the month so maybe we will just have this one event ???

Eddie glad your wife had a nice Birthday :thumbsup: Enjoy humpday Sir!

DFF Hope you were able to catch some sleep :thumbsup:

WW hope you and Mr WW had a good day on the ice, can't wait to hear your report :thumbsup:

Bud sorry it didn't work out to get on some ice  :%$#!:

This morning I am going to spend in the garage tinkering. Then this afternoon I am going to bake a cake for my wife's Birthday. One time I made her an angel food pineapple cake, and I put cream cheese frosting on it not knowing you don't frost it, especially with that :nono: As it sometimes happens (rarely) after taking a bunch of jabs and teasing they tasted it, and liked it :thumbsup: Every year since then, that has been her requested Birthday cake ??? Crazy how that worked out.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15140 on: Mar 06, 2019, 05:23 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....not the best of days for outside work  :nono:  hope it doesn't take too long  :-\

OS.....great news sir :thumbsup:  glad the pinky's survived  :clap:

IFF....sorry you missed out on a trip to the ice  :(  kudos for having a work ethic & not leaving the store short handed  :bow: :thumbsup:

WS.....happy birthday to MrsWS  :thumbsup:  sometimes the "uh oh's " turn out to be pretty darn good  ;)2  hope your weekend isn't a snow event AGAIN  ::)

IF45....hope you hear back some good news from the lawyer  ;)

H2L....sorry to hear about the hit & run  :(   been on that end of things before myself, very aggravating  :%$#!:

Deere....glad you reached your destination safe & sound  :clap:  flying anywhere is not a quick or easy adventure anymore  ::)

TT.....hope you made it to MrsTT's doctor ok and the report was good  ;)  sounds like something fishy is going on with that board, hope you all can get to the bottom of it  :-\

Fishing was SLOW to say the least yesterday.....not to mention COLD  :o :pinch: :blink:  ended with 5 medium sized perch and a few throw backs, no eyes, no feeding frenzy  ::)   at least there wasn't a striped kitty  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15141 on: Mar 06, 2019, 05:41 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                            It's 0* and clear here on my hill with a high of 17* ::)
                            I want to thank you all again for the words of support during this time for my family.
                            Marv.........I think that that cake would taste great, I think as a kid I asked my mother that I wanted chocolate icing on my angle food cake
                   and got it. :woot: Happy Birthday to your wife for me. :clap: :thumbsup:
                            Eddie........Gremlins again! ???
                            I-45..........Hang in there, I think an * should on peoples credit report that fell in to hard times because of an injury, Good luck, man. :thumbsup:
                            OS............That's great news about your hand. Keep up with the therapy. :clap:
                            Bud...........How is the calf doing! ???
                            I started PT on Monday, the therapist did some light work on my shoulder, yesterday I could feel it but it's normal now, I have another
                  appointment this afternoon. I did do some on my own yesterday that she told me I could do at home. :whistle:
                            I see Wally posted while I was typing, sorry the fishing wasn't so good, are you giving it another try today?
                            I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15142 on: Mar 06, 2019, 06:40 AM »
-5 this morning and clear.

DFF, that's a long day. Hope the training goes well.
OS, thanks for the update glad it is coming along.
WW, it was a cold day yesterday and we had some wind here. You at least caught a few. Next week the weather doesn't look too bad.

They looked at the Jeep. Only 3 pieces of plastic have to be replaced. It will take about an hour and total cost is $245. I guess it could have been worst.

The wife is doing well....h2l

IW, glad to see you back. Hope you and your family are doing well..Thoughts are with you.
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15143 on: Mar 06, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, It’s 13 degrees out here. Perfect day to be on the ice. We got good news yesterday. Going in for Botox injections next week for my headaches. Next month going in for surgery on my neck. Very nervous about that. Heard from the lawyer. He said I might have a good case for disability. Didn’t say anything about the workers comp thing. My wife didn’t tell him that we already have applied. Went to the church Mardi Gra last night. Kids enjoyed the burning of palms. Good pancakes and sausage.

OS. That’s great news about your hand especially the pinky.

DFF, You definitely had a busy traveling day. Hope you got some rest and good luck with your training.

Hunts2long, Good that it wasn’t a expensive fix. Jeep front ends are pretty tough.

Ice Wander, Glad the therapy is helping.

Wally World, i’m Sorry you didn’t have a better day on the ice. Hopefully you get out today.

IFF, kudos to managing the store.

Whopper Stopper, Hope your wife has a good birthday and sometimes the weirdest combinations can be the tastiest.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15144 on: Mar 06, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Good morning sunny blue sky with a few clouds weather guessers calling for a high of 25 same winds as Eddie's area of NY. I have to start a new ice fishing note book at one time I had all the different Bdays and anniversaries written down along with info. on contests in my area.
IceFisher-45 happy you felt well enough to attend the Mardi Gras dinner and your children enjoyed the burning of the palms. May the Botox injections help your headaches. Sorry to hear about your truck.
Eddie thank you for the info. on fishing deep water, I agree with taking your time to bring fish to surface I caught a yellow perch one time and must have reeled it in to quickly splashed around on the surface after release before swimming off water was not that deep think the fish did not have time to adjust it's swim bladder. Belated Bday greetings to your wife. May the base setting go quickly today.
Wallyworld I see from the How Cold is it thread parts of upstate NY. received more snow hope you missed out on the flakes. May your next fishing trip be slightly warmer and fish more active.
Whopper Stopper may the weather Guesser be wrong. The high snow base probably is making for great trails conditions keeping your snowmobiling neighbor happy. Some food combinations that sem strange end up tasting great. Any reason your renewing your passports like a vacation trip.
Tom Turkey best to you and the group in getting current board to be more open about their business. Hope all went well at the doctors for your wife. Sorry to hear about the possible big increase in state gasoline tax.
Hunts2long may your bowling team have a good last week of the season. All the best in any playoffs. Also may the repair shop find no hidden damage when they work on your Jeep.
OldSailor glad your hand has recover well from the accident and your choice about keeping pinkie finger proved correct course of action.
IFF I know you have been shuffling back and forth from an open Campers World and the Gander Outdoors store that has yet to open so assume you are scheduled to work at Gander if your the only person closing store. I thought it was a violation of federal law to have a single person working in case of injury .
Deerefishyfishy traveling from a smaller airport without direct flights to your destination can be a pain. Crazy that you flew to Detroit only to fly back southeast to Atlanta and then to Oklahoma City. Best with your training.
Ice Wanderer may your PT go well and produce desired results.

Have a safe and good day. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15145 on: Mar 06, 2019, 09:44 AM »
MrC.....we’ve been having lake effect snow all morning here along with blustery wind  ::) seems old man winter isn’t quite done yet  :-\

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15146 on: Mar 06, 2019, 05:12 PM »
Steve.  Good point, but know the powers to be  ::) and look the other way.  So far the only one left alone is our receiving clerk.  But then only when he gets advance notice something is going to get delivered.

5:50 MST with 2 more to go.  As its now winding down, Assistant Manager was sure glad to see me this morning.  All of the CW crew never showed.  Myself and one other GM were the only ones scheduled, and even he was late couple hours getting in.

Haven't seen a customer in the last two hours Boring to say the least.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15147 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 2* this am on the Hill, high of 23 today.

Jeff....welcome back Sir! Hope the PT went well for you yesterday and the shoulder is feeling better each day now.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...Happy Birthday to your wife!! Hope the cake turned out perfectly...sounds yummy to me!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...very happy for you receiving some good news, excellent!!  :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Steve... thanks, will pass the B’Day wishes on to my wife. We’re still in the learning process of fishing the Lakers, but thanks to so many people on this great site sharing info, I’m grateful we’re learning how to do it properly.  :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you didn’t get too much snow yesterday! Seems the fishing has been pretty slow this week for many, glad you caught a few and avoided the skunk!    :thumbsup:
  H2.... glad the repairs are not going to break the bank, sucks it happened though. Very good news on your wife!  :clap:

Another early start with the hammer crew this am. Was thinking about a quick trip to the lake this afternoon if the winds aren’t too bad. Guessers are saying 10-20mph winds moving in later on.
  Time to get motivated...it’s Friday Eve already.   ;D. Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15148 on: Mar 07, 2019, 03:48 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's -2* here on my hill, that wind yesterday was brutal to say the least! ::)
                             Eddie.........There is always a lull in the Laker fishing, I'm not sure what causes it but it happens.  :blink:
                             Marv..........How did Jo like the cake? ???
                             Wally.........A friend that lives out by you posted on FB "Holy Whiteout" so I guess it was bad! :whistle:
                             H2L...........I'm glad to read your wife is doing well. :clap:
                             I-45..........I'm glad you got some good news, it's about time! :flex:
                             Bud...........How's the calf doing? ???
                             Yesterdays PT went well, the therapist said about 3 months with her and then I'm on my own and 9 months to a year I should
                    be 100%.
                             Not much going on today, my #2 son and his wife are going to accompany to the service that is scheduled for my brother on March 24
                    down in Florida. My DIL made reservations last night for the 4 of us.
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15149 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Well this is the third try so now I a up against the clock.

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes for my wife, I passed them along :thumbsup: The cake was spot on........ The picture doesn't do it justice lol. If anyone wants to try it, it's pretty easy.

1 large mixing bowl.
1 can of crushed pineapple in it's own juice.
1 Angel food cake mix.
1 can of whipped cream cheese frosting.

Put the pine apple in the bowl followed by the cake mix. Mix it with a rubber spatula. It will seem too dry but keep stirring until it gets frothy. Put in an ungreased regular cake pan, and bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown on top. When you take it out put it on a raised drying rack upside down (so it doesn't collapse).
When it cools put on the frosting. Angel food is tender so whip the frosting up in the can with a knife to give it a little extra whip.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.