Author Topic: TEHO #2 Thrumming rod from days gone by  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
TEHO #2 Thrumming rod from days gone by
« on: Dec 22, 2018, 04:09 PM »
In today's world of noodle rods, spring bobber tips, etc., is there still a place for these rods? Digging through some stuff in the basement today and came across 2 of these rods that were given to me years ago; I actually thought I had given them away with the rest of my equipment. These are the older model with the wooden handle and aluminum spool, single guide at the tip, plastic "rod" portion, little action button to provide the jigging action.

If they are still relevant, what technique and/or lure selection would be best suited to this style rod?
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: TEHO #2 Thrumming rod from days gone by
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2018, 06:30 PM »
Love to see pics.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2018, 07:05 PM »
1st attempt at picture posting, hope it works.......

Each rod is 19" overall length, spools are about 5" or so, didn't put the tape to them. Hard to see the one wire eyelet in the end of the rod. Labeled "Normark #2". Spool has a counter on them, you can see it at the top of the spool in the bottom rod. Push the round button to bounce the rod tip and squeeze the thumb lever to release the spool for pulling out the line by hand. No drag that I can find. You can reel in without squeezing the lever. I've never used them.

Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline mi500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Looks like a fancy schooly to me.  I bet they would work good for jigging panfish especially with a spring bobber added.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.