Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

Georgetown Lake issues

(1/6) > >>

missoulafish:
A family member talked to a Warden at G-town. According to him there is a known "issue" with the current surviveabilty of Salmon and Brook trout in the lake. This is directly related to the low numbers of both species  being caught the last two years. Anyone heard same or something similar?

coldcreekchris:
haven't heard that...wonder what coulda happened and if the issue is "known"..what is it?...caught many brookies for years..some monsters..then a few years back they felt good enough to let you keep 2..haven't caught one this year...and the salmon..last couple years real slow....did catch 50 last week..kept 30....but that's been one of the better days in awhile... I wonder if they are still stocking at a past rate....maybe the current put back doesn't take into consideration current harvest.....i'll be interested to see whats going on myself...mfish .inbox full..

hi_tail:
Hey Fish,
Would you mind embellishing a bit on the "issue?"
From what you've heard, are you insinuating that the Koke & Brook count may be down based soley on harvest numbers according to a GT warden?

JohnMcN1:
Two years ago, I found a dead northern pike on the ice at Sunnyside. Left it there. I reported it to the game warden. They had a ton of questions verifying I knew what a pike was and made sure it wasn’t a lake trout. They couldn’t locate the fish on the ice. He also said they had reports from other fisherman seeing pike through in their holes. Could this be the “issue?”

Lsranger406:
oh man pike. That would not be a good thing for the lake. But if true bet theres a couple monsters waiting to be caught

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version