Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

Submersible light question

(1/3) > >>

Bubbadoyle:
I fish a lake that has stained water. It is a river system. It pretty much has no night bite. Has anyone had any luck inducing a night bite with submersible lights in a lake that doesn't have a night bite?  If this is possible it would greatly increase the hours that I can fish. As it is now its not worth my going out after work.

buuddy:
My trials with using battery operated lights leads me to believe that they are too bright and can spook the fish. At a lower intensity, such as with a glow jig, it can turn on a hot bite.

chilly-willy:
Carefull if the lake has pike they will hang around and you won't catch any thing we just turn are lanterns up on high on our lakes wich is a resivoir lake  aka a damned river.. and the bite picks up .. I am sure you could do same with leds in a  flip or a hub..

pikeaddict:
Majority of all my crappie fishing is at night using a 2ft hydroglow submersible light set right under the ice.  The amount of plankton that it attracts is incredible.  Usually fishing in 25 to 35 fow and will catch crappies from 10ft under the ice to the bottom.  I will NEVER go crappie fishing at night without the light.  It would be like going back to fishing without a flasher, I just wont do it.

I should add that I don't move the light from hole to hole, it stays in one spot the whole time I am fishing.

big bobber:

--- Quote from: Bubbadoyle on Feb 10, 2016, 09:39 AM ---I fish a lake that has stained water. It is a river system. It pretty much has no night bite. Has anyone had any luck inducing a night bite with submersible lights in a lake that doesn't have a night bite?  If this is possible it would greatly increase the hours that I can fish. As it is now its not worth my going out after work.

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't bother.ive tried thru the ice many times.from what ive figured out,if the fish bite at night they bite at night.being its stained water,id look for other night bites in clearer water.it all depends on the water body I suppose.use a lantern only.just for you,those fish do not need any help finding food.hint #1..GLOW WITH MINNOWS ON A BUCKSHOT OR DEMON GLOW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version