The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173421 times)

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #120 on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm Woodpat from Lakeville, MN. I don't have one single lake I fish all the time but my favorite lake would be Kabetogama. Ice fishing I get up at 3 and head out with no real destination just to fish. I just got home from the Ice Show at the River Center and man do I have a bug to get out!! Lakes up North like Red are walkable and the weather appears to be in our favor for the southern half of the state so I'm hoping next week some time I can get some pics up. Bring on the ice I'm more than ready.
welcome to Ice shanty ;D

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ChknChkn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Hey all....been a lurking member for a couple of years.....

Met the guys at the Ice Show yesterday. Live in the SW Metro, fish lake around the Waconia area.

Nice to meet y'all...........
One fish at a time...........

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Hey pat welcome to the shanty !
Hard Ice

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #123 on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Hey all....been a lurking member for a couple of years.....

Met the guys at the Ice Show yesterday. Live in the SW Metro, fish lake around the Waconia area.

Nice to meet y'all...........
good to see ya at the show ;D

Offline superdave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:31 PM »
My name is Dave; I'm a novice, but I'm looking to get better; not hardcore, but appreciate those who are; glad to find the site, and have enjoyed some of the video links already; thanks alot! like to panfish for crappie and bluegill; hope to do some late walleye and perch this season too. I will be fishing sw metro area; (waconia area)

Offline wildfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Dec 07, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Hey all,

I'm Matt.  Native Minnesotan.  Live up in the Chisago Lakes area.  Used to RABIDLY ice fish, but adding a wife, kid, another kid in 8 weeks, school, work, etc has severely limited my fishing time the last few years.  Definitely looking to increase my hard water time.

Met the crew from IceShanty.com at the fishing show yesterday and they pointed me here.  Looking forward to reading some more here.

Matt

Offline lights802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Lets go fishing
« Reply #126 on: Dec 07, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Hi my name is Matt. I'm a native Minnesotan and I live in Eden Prairie. I tend to fish Lake Minnetonka, Waconia, Parley and Mt. Normandale the most.

Offline walleyegoolawn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Dec 07, 2009, 08:15 PM »
Hi my name is Chris and I live in St. Cloud and fish a lot of lakes around the St. Cloud area.

Offline Retski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Lake Erie Ice
« Reply #128 on: Dec 08, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Hello everyone, I just moved to Minnesota from Buffalo NY.  Most of my fishing was done on big lakes (Lake Erie and Lake Ontario harbors) so fishing some of the smaller lakes here will be a change.  I am currently living in Lonsdale, about 45 mins south of Minneapolis and it looks like there are some decent lakes around.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
Welcome
« Reply #129 on: Dec 08, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Welcome to ice shanty!!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #130 on: Dec 08, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Cool. Welcome guys! If you need anything, just give me a shout.

Offline ICEMAN73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Dec 08, 2009, 10:05 PM »
Hello everyone, I just moved to Minnesota from Buffalo NY.  Most of my fishing was done on big lakes (Lake Erie and Lake Ontario harbors) so fishing some of the smaller lakes here will be a change.  I am currently living in Lonsdale, about 45 mins south of Minneapolis and it looks like there are some decent lakes around.
Thanks retski, Now I have to fish alone!
Good luck out there buddy!!!

Offline Letsgo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #132 on: Dec 10, 2009, 12:39 PM »
Hey everyone.  I fish Tonka, Waconia and some of the other smaller lakes around Victoria.

Letsgo :tipup:
Letsgo

Offline nin akawawa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Tradewell Decoys
« Reply #133 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:08 PM »
Hi im ryan i fish polk county area, spearing mostly.  I'm out for the big one.  I hope this is the year.
I just go out there day by day do'n the best I can.  Some day I be the hero some day I be the goat.....Today I be the goat. (Kirby Puckett)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #134 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:39 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=170.0

Here is a link to the spearing forum. Keep an eye out for another MN member called Spearchucker, he is from the browerville area. He should be back to the forum soon.

Offline walleyebri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #135 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:09 PM »
My name is Brian, I fish primarily Lake Vermilion, but some of the other lakes around our area, been ice fishing all my life & always enjoy it, can't wait to get out this weekend!!! ;)

Offline 98600xc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothin beats the vexilar!
« Reply #136 on: Dec 11, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Hey guys! My name is landon. i live moose lake mn.  I have been ice fishing for about 4 years.  I started getting good at fishing when I bought a vexilar. lol.  thanks for the greeting. this is a great site.

Offline Team WallyGators

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #137 on: Dec 13, 2009, 11:22 PM »
hey names josh been fishin for bout 8 yrs now  and still consider myself a noobie fish mostly white bear, bald eagle and chisago im from columbia hieghts

Offline jiggalo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another great day to be alive!
« Reply #138 on: Dec 14, 2009, 11:04 AM »
        Hey evrybody name is darren from farmington. Not new to site but a new member and glad to be here. Do alot of north metro area fishing and mille lacs and lotw.
Every day is a good day it's just some days are better than others

Offline bser2010

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Brand's Small Engine Repair
« Reply #139 on: Dec 14, 2009, 02:33 PM »
My name is Tom,I don't get to ice fish much but I do enjoy fixing ice augers in my shop,I've been doing that for 18 years.If you have any repair questions I'll be glad to try and answer them for you or if you need parts. I'm a retired mechanic from the St.Paul Post Office,and live just south of Aitkin.

Offline macker13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Hello,  I'm Mark, checking back in.  I'm a South Metro "cidiot" too.  I'll fish whereever they are biting.  I like to try new small waters to find a sleeper lake.  There is one lake within spitting distance from 494 that is good for bass and northern that I'll hit at least twice each winter.  I'd never eat anything from it though....  Here's a great picture of two future ice anglers...

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Dec 15, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Hello,  I'm Mark, checking back in.  I'm a South Metro "cidiot" too.  I'll fish whereever they are biting.  I like to try new small waters to find a sleeper lake.  There is one lake within spitting distance from 494 that is good for bass and northern that I'll hit at least twice each winter.  I'd never eat anything from it though....  Here's a great picture of two future ice anglers...
Welcome! I am planning on sneaking out to some smaller unnamed stuff too. It just seems more fun to sit on a body of water where people that drive by are wonder what that strange man is doing out there  ??? :cookoo: :tipup: :icefish:  ;D :woot:

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline Koepper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #142 on: Dec 15, 2009, 11:15 PM »
My handle is Koepper and I have been fishing most of my life. The last few years I have really been pushing my ice time up there. Mainly pannies and walleye in west central land of the lakes. Really enjoy this type of forum so I joined the militia. Great luck to all.        :tipup:
Hunting and fishing... nothing better in life.(except my grandkids...)

Offline iroutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #143 on: Dec 16, 2009, 06:09 AM »
hello my name is Benji and i just want to say hi. Im from the iron range. Thanks and good luck on the ice everyone. ;D :tipup: :tipup:

Offline KENNYPOWERS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #144 on: Dec 16, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Hello, i'm Chad.  I live in Swift County and have been fishing for about 7-8 years.  Mostly after the eyes but occasional weekend of panfish. Good Luck to everyone.

Offline Bobber_Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #145 on: Dec 16, 2009, 05:07 PM »
My name is Lance Frerichs and I live Lakefield Mn. in southwest Mn. in Jackson Co. I am 34 years old and have been icefishing since i was born,,, literally. I was born in Nov. and was in an ice house in Dec. of that year since my mom worked nights if my dad wanted to go fishing he had to take me. I grew up in northwest Iowa but married a Minn. gal so now I am from north of the boarder. Glad to be part of the site and hope I fit in. Lance

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #146 on: Dec 16, 2009, 09:16 PM »
It is nice to see some new blood this year. ;)

Offline wishng2Bfishng

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #147 on: Dec 18, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Hi I'm Brad from the Hastings area.  Been ice fishing hard for 4 years and have had my 5 year old son fishing sice he was 3.  Getting the next generation started off right.  Been looking for places to go with some action to keep him intersted, watching fish tv only lasts so long.  So if anybody knows of a place thats not to far away, I would greatly appriciate it. 
Fish hard but leave some for the next generation

Offline RowdyRay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #148 on: Dec 19, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Guess I should have made my intro here. Oh well. here's my original intro. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=124612.0 

I'm Ray from Vadnais Heights. Just north of St. Paul. Lived here all my life and grew up fishing all year 'round. You have to with 10,000 plus lakes. I think there's a rule somewhere. Love to fish the Chisago/Lindstrom area, but hit the metro lakes too. Hunting property is in Dalbo, so there are a few lakes near Cambridge and Princeton that I frequent as well. Day, in particular, if you know where that is. Where most of the lutefisk in the US is produced. Lori and Lewis lakes have been good to us.

I'm not made out of money, can't afford the latest and the next best thing since sliced bread, but I do love my toys. (Makes you better at finding good deals. Lol.) Have a Hitech one man clam style portable, use mostly noodle rods, vexilar fl-8, Mora Stikemaster hand auger and a vintage Mora Strikemaster power auger.

So if ya ever see an old goofy looking auger leaned up against a red Jeep grand cherokee, stop in and say hi.

Ray

Offline captain walleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #149 on: Dec 19, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Hi. my name is Jeff from Des Plaines IL. I have been fishing as long as I can remember and ice fished for about 20 years. Most of my friends think I am crazy to ice fish but we all know who the crazy ones are "right"
I have a wheel house and fish at Mille Lacs, MIN. for the last Two years, 8 hours One way and go every other weekend and love it. Keep it cool and remember to keep the lakes clean. Thanks Iceshanty, Jeff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.