Author Topic: Dam you mother nature  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
Dam you mother nature
« on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:29 PM »
No decent ice close to have only been able to go out twice this season once on henrys and daniels would like to try to get one more good trip in somewhere

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Dam you mother nature
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2018, 07:20 AM »
Its a bit of a drive from your place in hyrum but strawberry is still fishing strong on the berry side, wouldn't recommend soldier creek side. I'm hoping for 2 more trips myself. This year has been one of the worst for ice and snow. Better hope we dont get to many years like this or the lakes will be high and dry
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Word through the grapevine has it we’re getting some “artic” weather... hope for the best fellas ice fishing season might hit somewhere in March  :'(
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2018, 08:53 AM »
Really liking the temps at strawberry this morning, got down to -16  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline FISHAMANIAC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Lost Creek,Echo and East Canyon capped back up. I have friends that fished East Canyon today and managed to fill 3 limits of slime rockets.. Looking like there's a few more days left of ice fishing! And I put away all my gear last weekend lol

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:37 PM »
I LOVE IT! Went to Echo Saturday caught 21 Perch and a limit of 15 inchers for the smoker. Im going again in the morning if anyone would like to join me. Ice is a good 6 inches. Ill be fishing right of the boat ramp out aways. dressed in my camo with my white Mickeys on. Ill be there at dark thirty. Come on out Ill have eyeballs and gizzy bugs for you. Tight Lines.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2018, 11:59 AM »
I LOVE IT! Went to Echo Saturday caught 21 Perch and a limit of 15 inchers for the smoker. Im going again in the morning if anyone would like to join me. Ice is a good 6 inches. Ill be fishing right of the boat ramp out aways. dressed in my camo with my white Mickeys on. Ill be there at dark thirty. Come on out Ill have eyeballs and gizzy bugs for you. Tight Lines.

Any size to the perch? I just purchased my Utah fishin license (with hunting license) to apply for tags so a small road trip would be worth it!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2018, 08:20 AM »
Any size to the perch? I just purchased my Utah fishin license (with hunting license) to apply for tags so a small road trip would be worth it!

Sorry about not getting back to you earlier. I fished Monday. I only caught 5 Perch. and 4 big German Browns. One was about 5 pounds. I always turn them loose. The bite was super light. I went back again Tuesday. I caught three Browns. 5 perch again. And the edges got bad on Tuesday. You are going to need a plank to get on and off. The Lake is rising fast. The ice is still good and safe once you are on 5-6 inches. I fished in 45-55 feet of water. Perch coming thru all day. But only caught 5 of them sucking on it. Light Light bite. Pink gizzy bug with an eyeball. There is some nice Perch in there just getting the dinner bell to ring the time you are there is the secret. Im going to a meeting Thursday night to find out what the state is going to do with the place. You'll have to give me a holler some day When you get a chance to come down. I'd love to fish with ya. Tight Lines

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Sorry about not getting back to you earlier. I fished Monday. I only caught 5 Perch. and 4 big German Browns. One was about 5 pounds. I always turn them loose. The bite was super light. I went back again Tuesday. I caught three Browns. 5 perch again. And the edges got bad on Tuesday. You are going to need a plank to get on and off. The Lake is rising fast. The ice is still good and safe once you are on 5-6 inches. I fished in 45-55 feet of water. Perch coming thru all day. But only caught 5 of them sucking on it. Light Light bite. Pink gizzy bug with an eyeball. There is some nice Perch in there just getting the dinner bell to ring the time you are there is the secret. Im going to a meeting Thursday night to find out what the state is going to do with the place. You'll have to give me a holler some day When you get a chance to come down. I'd love to fish with ya. Tight Lines

Not a problem! I couldn't have gone until this weekend anyways. Just searching for a place to fish. I'd rather not have to work to get on and off! Maybe next winter or this summer on the boat!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.