Author Topic: Eskimo pistol auger  (Read 1811 times)

Offline bz

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo pistol auger
« on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:40 AM »
I am looking at getting the eskimo pistol auger and a Milwaukee drill.  Does the eskimo back flush slush just like the k drill.  I see people talking about it on the k drill but not the eskimo.

Offline wygeargeek

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo pistol auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:11 AM »
Yes it does, just reverse the drill once you've punched the hole. Love my Pistol bit. 👍

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2021, 04:19 PM »
Any helix works this way. I was able to drain a wall tent of about 4 inches of slushy water on a bad slush day by drilling a hole and running my Lazer backwards slowly for about 5 minutes.
If you do go backwards, remember that loosens things, and is a way to lose the bit if you don't have a safety stop.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2021, 04:27 PM »
My limited experience with the Eskimo Pistol Bit and its cousin the ION composite is the hole seems to clear out quite well ..more so then my HT E-Drill which was a noticeable difference ..note the flighting on the HT is much closer together ..so that may be the reason . I normally just continue to run the auger up and out of the hole and most of the chips are removed as my normal procedure  ..this is EZPZ to do with the Clam Plate ..may be a little awkward without it.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:17 PM »
I was very pleased with my ht edrill this year.no walk or jarring at the bottom of hole.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2021, 07:58 AM »
I was very pleased with my ht edrill this year.no walk or jarring at the bottom of hole.

Dont get me wrong ..my 8" HT is a great auger and hard to beat the Price that I got from KTP ..But them Eskimo/IONs are quite the auger ..the flighting is similar to a power head steel auger very much like my SM Mag 2000 Chipper ..plus it looks to cut a lil larger hole then 8 inches. If I had to rate based on performance ..1) Eskimo/Ion 2) HT E-Drill 3) K-Drill. But everybody has a comfortable price range for there set up so that does factor in as well .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.