The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Thank you Vermont.  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
Thank you Vermont.
« on: Mar 07, 2016, 06:27 PM »
I just have to take a minute and say thanks to the State of Vermont for having a fishery like Lake Champlain. We have been going up there staying at Holiday Harbors for the past several years. This year with the ice basically gone here in MA. We decided to take the 4.5 hour drive and end our year there with a day trip this past Saturday. And what a day it was. Personally my best day on the ice in all my years of ice fishing and I'm 54. Between 5 of us we iced somewhere around 60 pike up to 9#. Countless bass up to over 5# a bowfin couple pickeral and a whole bunch of yellows on the stick. An epic day for sure. Also wanted to take the time and thank Bruce and Joanne for our usual great stay at Holiday Harbors 2 weeks ago and looking forward to going back next year. Already booked. I'll also say that the 4.5 hours isn't that bad so there will be several day trips to the Islands also. Tight Lines all, Those that are still at it. BE SAFE. Thanks again Vermont.

The 2015-2016 ice season is wrap. The sun goes down on an epic ending. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Thank you Vermont.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2016, 07:16 PM »
I have only fished there once and it was a similarly awesome experience,  glad you had a great trip and that largemouth is a beast!

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Good work out there Jschumacher! And thank you for being a good patron to our local businesses. Lake Champlain is a wonderful resource and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. By the way, how do you prepare you pike? Just curious.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2016, 09:47 PM »
Good work out there Jschumacher! And thank you for being a good patron to our local businesses. Lake Champlain is a wonderful resource and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. By the way, how do you prepare you pike? Just curious.
I have always battered and fried it but I think I might try rolling a couple filets in bread crumbs and baking it with a little lemon.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2016, 04:29 AM »
Nice fish !!

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2016, 06:18 AM »
I have always battered and fried it but I think I might try rolling a couple filets in bread crumbs and baking it with a little lemon.

I'm thinking about trying to get a couple pike to pickle. I've never tried it, but from talking with people that have, they love it.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Glad to see you had a good time.. fish on My brother
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Glad you had a fun trip. :)
May the fish be with you.

Randy

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2016, 06:20 AM »
Glad you had a good time and some great pictures. Holiday Harbor is indeed a special place and Bruce and Joanne are great hosts. Super place for ice fishing and the summer fishing is even better.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.