The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Noxon  (Read 926 times)

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Noxon
« on: Jan 27, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Any one fish Noxon or Cabinet Gorge Reservoirs?   I have a cabin just across on the Idaho side and plan on getting a Montana lic this next season.  Any way, just driving by I see a lot of water but not too much activity.  Just wodering because it would be pretty close to home. 

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Noxon
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Good luck.  I posted the same and there isn't much response.  Go back a bit and see the posts I got.  I was thinking Noxon might be fun and pretty close to home..  There are walleye and Pike in there right?  Do you know what the lake structure is like over there?

Offline gweg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Good luck.  I posted the same and there isn't much response.  Go back a bit and see the posts I got.  I was thinking Noxon might be fun and pretty close to home..  There are walleye and Pike in there right?  Do you know what the lake structure is like over there?

There is some really good fishing for Pike at Finlay flats on the east end of Noxon resevoir. Stop and see Henry at the gas station at the turn.  They catch some nice size pike every year right there.  Quite a few in the 5-10 range and every year they catch 3-4 in the 20+ range.  mostly tip ups right out in front.

Offline gweg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2010, 08:17 PM »
There is some really good fishing for Pike at Finlay flats on the east end of Noxon resevoir. Stop and see Henry at the gas station at the turn.  They catch some nice size pike every year right there.  Quite a few in the 5-10 range and every year they catch 3-4 in the 20+ range.  mostly tip ups right out in front.

Forgot the turn sorry... The turn to Finlay flats is at mile marker 41. 

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2010, 12:42 PM »
What about Walleyes?  Where is a starting point for them?

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Thanks for the input gweg.  I appreciate it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.