Author Topic: Underwater Cameras - What's your opinion?  (Read 3368 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Underwater Cameras - What's your opinion?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2009, 07:31 PM »
i think my underwater camera is very valuable and worth every penny. I dont use it in all conditions and there are times where it is usless, but in water under 20feet with failry dense weed, or on a super lite gill bite, there is almost nothing better

Offline sonar man

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GILL MASTER
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2009, 07:35 PM »
I would say a flasher is number one a had a camera and it broke I would like to get another one but I bought a power auger this year but I will be getting one again..

Offline camocrazy82

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2009, 08:00 PM »
i think my underwater camera is very valuable and worth every penny. I dont use it in all conditions and there are times where it is usless, but in water under 20feet with failry dense weed, or on a super lite gill bite, there is almost nothing better

Why only twenty feet? Mine has fifty foot of cable. When would it be useless? New to the game had to ask.

Offline mdeutsch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 28, 2009, 08:45 PM »
I wonder how many other forums around the country have the support of Ice Shanty. I put one little question out there and within hours I have 32 responses. Thanks for all of your comments.
ICE SHANTY IS AWESOME!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 28, 2009, 08:54 PM »
I have been outfished by the wife using her Marcun 820 next to my LX-5 on perch and gills more than once. I won't perch fish without a camera, may have to get myself an 825 this year.

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2009, 09:18 PM »
I own both the Vexilar and a Cabelas underwater camera and although I don't always take the time to set up the underwater camera.  I find it an awesome tool for many of the reasons already mentioned.  It is fun to use...for yourself and the kids.  It is a great scouting tool for checking out the bottom structure and to see if fish are around.  It is just fun to watch the action on the 7465 jigs I have in my boxes to see how each works underwater and the reactions of the fish to those actions.  Wait...I think it may be 7466???
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2009, 10:12 PM »
i love my fish tv, i will never go ice fishing without it! i think it's better than a vex (not saying that vex's suck) in that you can see exactly what the fish are doing, but i think that the perfect system would be a vex and a camera, then you can see how deep the fish are, and watch there exact reactions on the camera.

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 28, 2009, 10:42 PM »
I belive Scott (the owner of this site) has one.

If/when I buy a camera, it's gonna be an 825c.

-Jeff
I have the 820.  I couldn't see the extra hundo for color.  I use it for scouting, but either rig the camera outside the shanty to view my jig from a distance & bring the monitor inside the shanty, or use it in a downview rig.  I think it can spook skiddish fish on some days.  I've also found it helpful to figure out where the fish went after a while when I see that Northern swim by or just hang out.  It is cool when you see a big Northern staring down your camera.  Never had one hit it, but have heard guys say they have, & seen some video posted on here I think, at one time.  Vex comes first.  Then the camera!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.