Author Topic: Darkhousefisher Jr.  (Read 2362 times)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
Darkhousefisher Jr.
« on: Jan 26, 2009, 02:42 AM »
Took my two year old spearing again today.  We only got one hammer handle, but my son had a blast!!  He though that fish come out of the hole hanging on the spear was "pretty neat".  Flopped it out on the ice and Ayden kept looking at it and giggling.  I told him not to put his fingers in it's mouth , but not two seconds later I look over and Ayden holding his hand up and the pike is hanging off his finger.  Bet he doesn't do that again, lol.  Even drew a little blood, but when I told him that was the mark of a true spearman, he thought that was alright!!

I let him play with the decoy all day, after we speared the pike, then he kept "catching" the decoy and would hold it up for me to see, lol.

Notice the hot chocolate mustouche, lol.

By the end of the day I could tell he was loosing steam.  About halfway back to the vehicle i noticed that he was being unusually quiet.  Guess he just had too much fun!!

Got his coat and snowpants off him and loaded in the car and he looks at me and says "dad lets go fishing again tomorrow." ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Darkhousefisher Jr.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2009, 03:23 AM »
awesome! that's a great post, great pictures, and memories

Offline tjm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2009, 05:58 PM »
awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome.... ;D....

way to be dad....thanks for sharing...
...Pull my finger

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:32 AM »
Great pictures.  It looks like you and your son had a great day.  There is nothing better than seeing the little ones out enjoying the outdoors.
Travis

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2009, 02:51 AM »
Fantastic Darkhouse and son!  Those are great shots of the little one.  What's cool is that your making it fun for him which "hopefully" will turn him into a dyed in blue fishermen.  I used to do the same with my boys.   I'm blessed to have a couple die hards at 10 and 12 that make every outing a blast.  Now if I can just keep them from becoming teens! Great shots and thanks for sharing! ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2009, 09:25 PM »
What a wonderful thing to see, good job Dad  :tipup:
Bob

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2009, 02:29 AM »
Darkhousefisher Jr. and I made it out again today.  Today Mrs. Darkhouse came and got him about 2 oclock, those all day trips have been too much for him.  Today when the first pike came to the decoy, I controlled the urge to "stickem" and let Ayden watch it.  We watched it for awhile, but ended up spooking it off, oh well.  I told him if we were real quite that it might come back...you couldn't have asked for a better behaved kid then, he even told ME to be quiet when I dropped the thermos.  Unfortunately his mom came and got him before we got any more pike to come to the decoy, but I did manage to get this one just as I was starting to get ready to leave.  We're headed out again tomorrow, this time I plan on having him help me throw the spear!

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Here in a couple of years he will be teaching your youngest how to spear.  Won't that be cool.
Travis

Offline PIKE_PALACE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2009, 01:03 AM »
RIGHT ON!!! That is a fat Northern. I'll bet he had a blast!!! Where did you guys go?

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:50 AM »
RIGHT ON!!! That is a fat Northern. I'll bet he had a blast!!! Where did you guys go?
Memory Lake

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2009, 01:11 AM »
Well we weren't able to get out Sunday, but we did make it out today.  Got the decoy dropped down the hole and less then five minutes later, there's a pike.  Tried to get it set so he could help hold the spear, but it just wasn't gonna work.  So I made sure he was standing next to me and watching the pike when I speared it.  He thought that was great.  Got it kicked out the door and stepped outside so he could look at it.  Got set back up again and I was mixing up some hot chocolate for him when he says Daddy there's a pike.  Sure enough I looked down just as the tail was slipping below the ice.  Ten minutes later it came back, once again I made sure that he was standing next to me when I speared it.  We ended up getting three and I made sure he was standing next to me watching when I speared everyone of them.  He thought it was GREAT!!!  He calls them "pike slimers".   ;D ;D

Nothing like leftover Fleish Kuechle warmed up over the buddy heater on a cold day.

Took this one right after we got the first one.

A good days haul!!

Offline frydaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Nice Job Sr. and Jr.!  Looks like you got into 'em pretty good.  That's awesome to have that kind of action when you have Jr. along.  :)   :tipup:
<br />

Offline argoholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Very cool and that is how memories are made. Here I sit at 46 years old and those pics brought back instant memories of my dad taking me out for the first time as a kid. Lost my dad in 91 and still miss him.

Good job,  your obviously a Great dad!
Need some ice imported to Southern Vancouver Island

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2009, 12:30 AM »
We went out again on Monday, but didn't see anything, oh well.  Mrs. Darkhousefisher brought us some lunch.  She also brought the other Darkhousefisher Jr., Kye who is 6 months old so that he could see what this spearing stuff is all about.  We didn't get fresh pike for supper, but we still had fun!!

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2009, 02:46 AM »
What a great lookin' bunch!  We'll get 'em next time!

That muskrat made about 8-9 apperances in that hole, and about the 6th time he went after the egg shells and beans on the bottom and mucked it up for a bit!  Fun to see him scoot around in the water, but I draw the line at clouding the hole.....

What you think about getting out to Nancy or other lake in the next week or two for a bit of a shake-up?

Thanks again for loaning us the saw and tongs.  As soon as I get footage of us being clowns, I'll get it posted on here!

Cheers!

J

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2009, 03:38 AM »
Good looking crew indeed Darkhouse!  You know now you'll have to get a camera for the little gents and show them the rod and reel side of angling!   ;D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2009, 04:33 PM »
Good looking crew indeed Darkhouse!  You know now you'll have to get a camera for the little gents and show them the rod and reel side of angling!   ;D

Well we've tried the jigging pole with limited success.  Ayden did catch a 8" land locker right in the spearing hole that he thought was great.  Unfortunatly he gets bored with the pole and likes to reel it in and the hook gets to swinging around too much, I worry he'll "catch" one of us.  So for now, I just put a slip shot on a jigging pole and he's plum happy with that.  Next time we have a school of land lockers under us constantly, we'll try it again.  He likes quantity not quality, lol.

What a great lookin' bunch!  We'll get 'em next time!

That muskrat made about 8-9 apperances in that hole, and about the 6th time he went after the egg shells and beans on the bottom and mucked it up for a bit!  Fun to see him scoot around in the water, but I draw the line at clouding the hole.....

What you think about getting out to Nancy or other lake in the next week or two for a bit of a shake-up?

Thanks again for loaning us the saw and tongs.  As soon as I get footage of us being clowns, I'll get it posted on here!

Cheers!

J

PM sent  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.