New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Piseco Lake  (Read 1046 times)

Offline gotbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the colder the better
Piseco Lake
« on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:57 AM »

Has anyone been catching any on Piseco--I'll be going there this weekend & I'm wondering how the hard water guys are doing

:tipup:
"it really doesn't get any better than this"

"when hell freezes over--I'll fish that to"

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Piseco Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:53 AM »
Very few keepers, lots of shorts.

Offline pisecolaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Same here. Lots of short ones, some nice keepers.  I don't keep them though. Take a picture and put them back down the hole :tipup: ;D. Pulling shanty this weekend.

Offline Doppler2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2019, 10:44 PM »
                          Has anyone been catching any on Piseco--I'll be going there this weekend & I'm wondering how the hard water guys are doing

:tipup:

I caught my first Lakers there this January. May be different this time of season, but keep some tip ups right below the ice but we got all ours jigging. 2/3 of the ones I hooked were 10ft> under the ice. One even made my sonar think it went from 50ft to 7ft in a second. That's when you reel up and prepare for the tug. I had plenty of lookers off the bottom but only one took it. The ones I marked right under the ice with the wide beam each took it. You can probably catch a salmon there if you're lucky. A small spoon tipped with a small minnow was the key for us. After fishing the drop offs we found luck at the flats, but don't let that discourage you, they're everywhere supposedly. Good luck!

Offline Doppler2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2019, 10:46 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.