New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Who's still ice fishing this weekend??  (Read 9207 times)

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who's still ice fishing this weekend??
« Reply #60 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:23 PM »
as it stands I will be attempting rainbows at Northville pond... should be there by 5:30 after a quicK stop at the bait shop!

Tightlines

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #61 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Robb:
       Wow...what the hell happened here??  ??? Anyway,see you guys @ Stew-bags @ 6A for the last trip of the season ...  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

billybono

« Reply #62 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:08 PM »
I gave a simple wise a$$ answer, would it have hepled you figure it out if I went DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAKERS ARE TROUT if so them DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lakers are trout... Happy now

right...because there are no lakes in ny where lakers are open....and browns bows and atlantics(which are salmon...but are still consiterd salmoniods like trout in nys...right professor????) are closed right ::) ::)  just like if your running tipups after the 15th with trebels and 5 inch shiners.....not targeting pike  ::) ::) ::)  thats right though i forgot that you think the anti snagging laws are just good for the books...your sounding like a true sportsman more and more every day  ::) ::) ::)

thanks for the input professor........`hope i dont see ya with tipups this weekend.....ill be making a phone call ;)

billybono

billybono

« Reply #63 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:10 PM »
So you are saying that because I fish for lake trout in 5 feet of water

yep..there known for suspending i 5 fow about 3 foot down  ::) ::) ::)  i better not ever see ya try it ;)

billybono

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:01 PM »
This is starting to be like the Chatauqua thread. Anyways, I'll be fishing Canadarago tomorrow morning. From what I here, the shoreline is broken up a little but there are a few places to access. If anyone else is going I would suggest getting there early. From my experience there, they bite good for the first hour or two of light. After that they go belly to the bottom until about 3:30 or 4:00. I've had them bite there right into dark. Maybe that is why a lot of people find this lake hard to fish. By the  way, I'm talking about jumbo perch here if you couldn't tell by my name. Good luck and thank the gods for a couple of more days out. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline johnnypike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #65 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:01 AM »
pike never closes on Lake Champlain
Johnnypike
The big fish catcher

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:42 AM »
Trout, Lake trout, and salmon are also open all year on Champl.
                                                                              JK

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:44 AM »
Also, You casn use up to fifteen(15) tip-ups.
                                                       JK

Offline ANGLER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:35 PM »
 Anyone have much success today? Would like to get out on the ice if there's any sound conditions around.  1 or 2 perch dinners would be great!!  ;D

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Anyone have much success today? Would like to get out on the ice if there's any sound conditions around.  1 or 2 perch dinners would be great!!  ;D

Heard of a guy from down your way that got a mess of perch today at Guffins Bay.....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline ANGLER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:38 PM »
 I have no clue where Guffin's is located, not on my maps or i'm not seeing it  :(

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Mar 18, 2006, 07:10 PM »
All I can say is We fished multiple lakes with only a few dinks and one keeper sunny!  We fished what seemed like 100's of holes (SWISS CHEESE)! It was cold! It was windy! It was a great day on the ice!!!!   ;D

From what I saw of the ice conditions we will be right back at it next weekend if the current weather geek forecast  holds!

Stay on Top!

Coldbum

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #72 on: Mar 18, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Yeah CB up at Gilman there is over 20'' of ice and snow still covering the ground!!The fishing was a little slow with OZZY getting all the flags,but he let my son take one and he wrangled up a nice big smallmouth...thanks Shawn that made our day!!I thought going into this weekend that it was gonna be the last...not to sure,we'll have to see what happens.  ;)
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #73 on: Mar 18, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I think we'll be fishing into next weekend also. More cold temps coming up.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline fisheadtoby13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Mar 18, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Heard of a guy from down your way that got a mess of perch today at Guffins Bay.....
Could that be me?check the report.seemed like i landed on them.hope to go next Sat.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Mar 19, 2006, 02:18 AM »
Could that be me?check the report.seemed like i landed on them.hope to go next Sat.

Give Slipbob the GPS coord's...........I think he lost a few lures in your spot :woot:

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Mar 19, 2006, 05:36 AM »

Nope....wasn't you...it was somebody who posted on the BW/J thread...glad to hear you got in to them though......I think tomorrow (Monday) I can get there for a few hours and get some myself....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline oldken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Mar 19, 2006, 07:47 PM »
fished upper saranac today 57 smelt and hopefully som good eagle pictures

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Mar 19, 2006, 09:22 PM »
i got a couple videos of that guy....blue band on the leg? ever get any lakers there? I had somethin slam a smelt off my jig a couple weeks ago while i was crankin one up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.