New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York gathering ?  (Read 16635 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Re: New York gathering ?
« Reply #60 on: Oct 28, 2008, 06:09 PM »
sounds good steve. i'll get a group together down by us.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Oct 28, 2008, 06:11 PM »
I'm interested, and would fall into the would like to fish oneida lake.  Never fished it, and want to give it a whirl.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Oct 29, 2008, 07:21 AM »
i'll help out in the sullivan / delaware co. area if needed...altho...drink ing with pooly and this yo guy sounds interesting..been aleast 2 years since i.ve crawled off the ice on all 4.s & seen 2 trucks.... :wacko: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :icefish:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #63 on: Oct 29, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Good afternoon ,Pooley thank you for volunteering to organize-host a gathering in Southeast NY. if we end up with several regional get to gethers. Snowman 3406 I have added your name to the list being kept so far there are approximately thirty (30) members interrested in coming and this thread hasbeen read over twelve hundred times. Ice Shanty is coming alive as we all wait for the 2008-09 ice season. (just look at the general chat forum )

Steve

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Nov 04, 2008, 05:54 PM »
Hi Mr.clean, I'm over in sullivan county not to far from you, maybe we could hookup some time this winter, let me know. Onida would work for me but not on presidents day weekend,
thats the date for our ice fishing contest on my home lake. :tipup:
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #65 on: Nov 05, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Daprod,
   I have added your name to the list I'm keeping as a possible , just in case you or others have not read the whole thread at this time the gathering location /date are up for debate . We may also go with several regional gatherings. Around Dec.1,2008 a poll will be posted to determine the location /date of a mass gathering or if there will be regional gatherings.
   To all of you who reside in Southeastern NY. please see a thread by Pooley (Southeast gathering/ NY.gathering ) he is trying to organize a get to gether of area members .

Steve

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Nov 05, 2008, 06:00 PM »
count me in if possible, oneida is nice but maybe two spots so every body has a chance to attend a gathering

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #67 on: Nov 09, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Good evening it was brought to my attention on My Fish Finder (MFF) that Saturday Feb.14,2009 is Valentine's day. So please keep that in mind when you respond to the poll that will be posted around Dec.1,2008. For those of you who have not read through this whole thread the poll will determine location/date of state wide gathering or if there will be several regional gatherings. So far there is one Volunteer to host a regional gathering (Pooley) in Southeastern part of the state.(See his Separate thread Southeast gathering/NY.gathering.
     I do not want to hear that anyone is living out of their shanty because of attending whatever type of event we hold . :laugh:

Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #68 on: Nov 18, 2008, 06:19 PM »
 Good evening every one the site is becoming a beehive of activity. I hope to see more replies to this thread in the upcoming days. The weather is starting to come around had a dusting of snow in my area this morning.
   Remember to watch for the poll to determine the location/date of the state wide gathering or if there will be several regional gatherings.

Steve

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Nov 19, 2008, 08:13 AM »
Hey guys, just moved to new york a month ago so I'm new to this part of the forum.  What about Meacham lake in the Adirondacks, should be able to get some early fishing there as it is gonna be cold.  Good parking, close to Saranac Lake/Lake Placid.  Good fishing - perch, pike, lls...  I'll be out there most of the season, as soon as I get my shanty built.. :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #70 on: Nov 19, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Bdub,
  I am not to familiar with the Adirondacks, but since you are a new state resident just wanted to inform you check that New York state only allows ice fishing on certain bodies of water that contain trout. So I do not know if Meachem lake is open to ice fishing. You can check with the regional Dept.of Environmental Conservation office in Ray Brook,NY. Just for your and others info. Lake Colby off of route (I think ) between Saranac Lake and Paul Smith is open to ice fishing.
   Please check this thread form time to time and also watch for the poll to determine location/date of state wide gathering or if there will be several regional gatherings.

Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #71 on: Nov 19, 2008, 02:07 PM »
i've camped at meacham when i was young. good fishing there. it's about 5 hours north of us steve. i think it's open to icefishing.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #72 on: Nov 19, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Here's the DEC link to the lakes in that area.

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Nov 19, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Thanks guys looks like i should be good this year!!!

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:44 PM »
why can't i get my weather underground temp bar to work???

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #75 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:57 PM »
put the [img*]http://your link[/img] code in there.  Without the * in the first code bracket.

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Nov 19, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Thanks!  That was annoying the carp outta me... :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #77 on: Nov 27, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Greetings every one I hope you are all having a good Thanksgiving. My family and I will celebrate ours tomorrow (work in retail /super market ) . I put in five hours today at least my employer is not like Gander Mountain (open 3-9 pm ) today.
     Tomorrow evening i will contact one of the New York general forum moderators and ask how to post the poll. This will decide state wide or regional gathering(s), date and location if a state wide gathering is chosen . When I started this thread the date of Feb.14,2009 (Sat.) was proposed with Feb.15,2009 as the snow date. I picked this date as it is the start of Presindents holiday weekend .I never thought about it being Valentines day.
     Four lakes have been mentioned as potential spots for a state wide gathering ,I will list them here in order of preference.
      1. Oneida lake /Syracuse-Utica area  2. Sandy pond/ Pulaski area  3. Lake George /Adirondacks  $. Mechum lake / Northern Adirondacks
      If I am wrong with the location of any lake my apologies.
   Please look for the poll I would like to have all respones to it posted by Dec. 10,2008 .

Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #78 on: Nov 27, 2008, 04:55 PM »
sounds good steve. happy turkey day all!!!

Offline Neversink Jimmy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish 'Till Ya' Puke...
« Reply #79 on: Nov 27, 2008, 05:07 PM »
Lake George or Schroon Lake is always nice too...

Count me 'in' for any weekend gathering within 3hrs of Albany... 

Would be great to get out with some of you dudes...
"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" 

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Nov 27, 2008, 08:48 PM »
always have a good time when ever we have a I S get together count me in

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Nov 27, 2008, 09:32 PM »
       Any weekend is good for me, as for where, Oneida's my first pick.

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • dav, no better time to wet your line.
« Reply #82 on: Nov 28, 2008, 09:38 AM »
L.G. be my pick  :flex:

dav
FIND PEACE, LOSE YOURSELF IN NATURE....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #83 on: Nov 28, 2008, 03:13 PM »
Good afternoon I have sent Rgfixit a personal message asking if he could post a poll or instruct me how to post a poll.So keep a look out for the poll. Once the respones are tallied I will post the results.
  To date 41 people have responded to this thread expressing interrest I expect more once we have an actual date/location-if a state wide gathering is chosen over several regional gatherings.
   I hope all of you had a pleasant Thanksgiving with many things to be thankful for in life.

Steve

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #84 on: Nov 28, 2008, 03:36 PM »
       Any weekend is good for me, as for where, Oneida's my first pick.

Oneida here too.  It is pretty much dead center in the middle of the state compared to the other suggestions.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #85 on: Nov 29, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Good evening just wanted to inform every one that Rgfixit has posted the poll see "NYS Gathering in the New York general forum .
    Also as I posted there let me clarify my thinking by state wide I mean one gathering on a set date/location attended by members from all over the state. Regional would be several smaller gatherings scattered around the state on the same or different dates.
    I know Oneida and Lake George are large lakes ,not Familiar with Sandy pond or Meacham lake. So anyone who knows these lakes and when they usually have safe ice please post.

Mr.Clean-Steve

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #86 on: Dec 01, 2008, 08:45 AM »
Mr Clean 
                   The best Ice Shanty gathering of all that I know of was at Coneseus lake a few years ago.
     easily 100 ppl showed went off smooth   Good time for all!   I would love to show up for gathering and I like your spirit. ;D
        GOOD TIMES !  :roflmao:   GOOD PEOPLE! :thumbsup:  GOOD FISHIN!  :icefish:
     i WILL POST IN FUTURE FOR GATHERING AT HONEOYE  LK.   or CONESEUS LK    Honeoye is my favorite lake for ice fishing
if you have never fished it ,you have to try it  great fishin!!!

"The FishinFoool" :tipup:
steve plum can't stop fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #87 on: Dec 04, 2008, 12:34 PM »
bump

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #88 on: Dec 04, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Just wanted to inform everyone that I have asked Rgfixit to close the poll (NYS gathering) on Wed.Dec.10,2008 . So please vote if you have not already done so.

Mr.Clean-Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #89 on: Dec 08, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Fishing foool,
   I will look for your future post ,hope your not offended but I mentioned that you were willing to host a regional gathering on the NYS gathering (poll) thread.
   Again a reminder to all who view this thread the poll posted by Rgfixit (post titled NYS gathering) will close on Wed.Dec.10 .So pleas vote if you have not done so yet.

Mr.Clean-Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.