New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Capt Chris Van Deusen  (Read 7719 times)

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Capt Chris Van Deusen
« on: Mar 24, 2022, 09:05 AM »
Anyone know him or about him? I sent auger blades to him for sharpening. Tracking says they were delivered. Phone number is still good but I get no return call. No return email. My blades seem to be in a black hole. I can’t make any contact with him. Don’t know if he’s out of business, ill, on vacation, or dead.
"Indecision may or may not be my problem"  -Jimmy Buffett

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Capt Chris Van Deusen
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2022, 10:04 AM »
Don't know but if you manage to get them back try Fish 307 in Lake George NY, super reliable,  good luck

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2022, 10:41 AM »
Thanks. But they are Ion blades. Fish 307 doesn’t do them. ☹️

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2022, 06:39 AM »
Anyone know him or about him? I sent auger blades to him for sharpening. Tracking says they were delivered. Phone number is still good but I get no return call. No return email. My blades seem to be in a black hole. I can’t make any contact with him. Don’t know if he’s out of business, ill, on vacation, or dead.

Is he in the Albany area?  If so he is a pompous ass to say the least. There was a dock on the Hudson in Green Island that lots of Striper Charters along with a lot of us recreational diehards docked at for many years and for the most part it was a tight knit group of guys that all shared intel, had lots of fun and caught plenty of fish. He docked his boat there but he thought he was the best and his **** didn't stink. One day on the way out I said a casual "good luck" and he responded "It isn't a matter of luck  ::)". I shared it with everyone and we all made a point of saying good luck to him every time we saw him heading out  ;D

He was fairly old then .... maybe he's in Florida for the winter?

Maybe try and find him offering charters and see if he responds to that?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2022, 07:34 AM »
Maybe he is in Florida, but I would think he would answer emails or voicemails. I don’t think it’s a scam because my check hasn’t been cashed.
Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2022, 11:49 AM »
Thanks. But they are Ion blades. Fish 307 doesn’t do them. ☹️

Unless they specifically told you that they dont sharpen ION blades I would think they could ...as they sharpen Eskimo blades with are Mora/Flat blades ..and ION and Eskimo are sister companies .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2022, 12:13 PM »
Unless they specifically told you that they dont sharpen ION blades I would think they could ...as they sharpen Eskimo blades with are Mora/Flat blades ..and ION and Eskimo are sister companies .
Thanks. I just spoke with Fish 307 and was told that yes, they do sharpen Ion blades. I was going on a response by a local Iceshanty guy that he was told directly that they would not sharpen Ion blades, it’s a different pitch and they don’t have the right equipment.
Now I know. Thanks again!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2022, 05:34 AM »
https://www.cjoutdoors.net/hudson-river-stripers.html

He responded to my inquiry about a charter already so he’s clearly ignoring you. I wished him good luck this season 😎 and mentioned my buddy has been trying to reach him about his Ion blades but has been ignored and is now posting about it. Bet you get contacted shortly!

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2022, 05:55 AM »
He responded to my inquiry about a charter already so he’s clearly ignoring you. I wished him good luck this season 😎 and mentioned my buddy has been trying to reach him about his Ion blades but has been ignored and is now posting about it. Bet you get contacted shortly!
No sh**! At least now I know he is still alive. Thanks for your assistance!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2022, 06:13 AM »
No sh**! At least now I know he is still alive. Thanks for your assistance!

my pleasure….  and good luck😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2022, 07:11 AM »
none of my  business  but  how  did you know he sharpened  blades and   you sent  the  blades  and  check to him you must have  had  some  info  on price

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2022, 07:16 AM »
this  is  his  web site  for  sharpening  ice  blades

http://www.iceaugersharpening.com/

if  nothing  else   he  is  hurting  his  own  rep ... i will never  send  or  reccomend  him after hearing this  story
hope  it  works out for  you

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2022, 01:43 PM »
this  is  his  web site  for  sharpening  ice  blades

http://www.iceaugersharpening.com/

if  nothing  else   he  is  hurting  his  own  rep ... i will never  send  or  reccomend  him after hearing this  story
hope  it  works out for  you
Yup, that’s where I sent my blades and my money. He hasn’t cashed my check. But I paid 5 bucks to ship the blades and if I don’t get them back it’s 40 bucks to replace them. I’m not a happy camper…

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2022, 03:00 PM »
Yup, that’s where I sent my blades and my money. He hasn’t cashed my check. But I paid 5 bucks to ship the blades and if I don’t get them back it’s 40 bucks to replace them. I’m not a happy camper…

200fisher this is an Email/phone number that appears on his on a Facebook page ..maybe this will help

https://www.facebook.com/cjoutdoor

[email protected]

(810) 275-7351

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2022, 04:08 PM »
200fisher this is an Email/phone number that appears on his on a Facebook page ..maybe this will help

https://www.facebook.com/cjoutdoor

[email protected]

(810) 275-7351
Thanks but this may be an entirely different guy. I think his name is Chad Johnston.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2022, 05:55 AM »
Thanks but this may be an entirely different guy. I think his name is Chad Johnston.

That’s definitely not him.  Did he respond yet?

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2022, 06:55 AM »
That’s definitely not him.  Did he respond yet?
Not a peep… Can you believe it?

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2022, 08:59 AM »
Not a peep… Can you believe it?

I can't imagine he would bother to respond saying he was booked all spring and then ignore you. A simple I'm sorry I couldn't do them and I'll send your blades and the $5 you spent on shipping back and all would be good. Unless he ruined them in which case he should send you the money to replace them. Keep us in the loop.

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2022, 09:03 AM »
I can't imagine he would bother to respond saying he was booked all spring and then ignore you. A simple I'm sorry I couldn't do them and I'll send your blades and the $5 you spent on shipping back and all would be good. Unless he ruined them in which case he should send you the money to replace them. Keep us in the loop.
Will do… I just don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♂️

JJ

« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2022, 12:21 PM »
It would be considered mail fraud since you used USPS, easy to report online: https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2022, 02:42 PM »
It would be considered mail fraud since you used USPS, easy to report online: https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx
Thanks… I’ll try chasing him down a bit more. If I can’t find him, I’ll look into this mail fraud procedure.

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2022, 02:49 PM »
Chances are if it was sent regular post he would simply say he never received it. Especially if the check wasn’t cashed. Not defending the guy at all, even if he legitimately didn’t receive the package he could at least respond. Ghosting is weak.
Hope things get sorted out for you. Good luck.

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2022, 03:16 PM »
Chances are if it was sent regular post he would simply say he never received it. Especially if the check wasn’t cashed. Not defending the guy at all, even if he legitimately didn’t receive the package he could at least respond. Ghosting is weak.
Hope things get sorted out for you. Good luck.
Thank you… I have a tracking# and it says my package was delivered. Repeated voicemails and emails just go unanswered. I just don’t get it.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2022, 05:10 PM »
I would be making a call to my bank and cancelling that check. Sounds like your out your old blades which is unfortunate. Consider it a lesson learned and move on to a more dependable source.  Fish 307

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Mar 28, 2022, 08:54 PM »
I would be making a call to my bank and cancelling that check. Sounds like your out your old blades which is unfortunate. Consider it a lesson learned and move on to a more dependable source.  Fish 307
You’re probably right… thanks

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2022, 12:11 PM »
one thing  for  sure  i  won't be sending him any blade  but also  i wouldn't consider booking a  striper trip  with him  either ,totally unbusiness like  and  no  ethics ....make  sure you post this  every year  and  it is  mail fraud

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2022, 12:15 PM »
one thing  for  sure  i  won't be sending him any blade  but also  i wouldn't consider booking a  striper trip  with him  either ,totally unbusiness like  and  no  ethics ....make  sure you post this  every year  and  it is  mail fraud

You don’t want to striper fish with him anyway. Capt. Chris Leach is the best. 518-669-7379. He fishes the river on the Albany Troy area then goes to the sound after that.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Mar 29, 2022, 12:20 PM »
i  fished the  hudson a  few times  with  friends i much rather  fish the salt  but that is  me

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.