The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Don't be THAT guy................. ;-)  (Read 4210 times)

Offline IceSpartan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Don't be THAT guy................. ;-)
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2022, 08:26 PM »
Meh...at least he hit another man.  :whistle:

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/1/19/16897722/sexual-abuse-usa-gymnastics-larry-nassar-explained
Yeah, Michigan is good at that.  Heard of Dr. Robert Anderson?   ::)

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2022, 08:35 PM »
I do t know about a 35 acre lake.... But a few weeks ago me and a buddy drug our gear out a mile on a 700,000+ acre body of water( saginaw bay) we were at least a quarter mile away from anyone... And 2 side by sides drove up 30 yards from us... Stopped and popped up 3 shanties.... No one was catching snything snd they left after about 2 hours.... I was a little bothered because thats a tad close on a gigantic body of water... But whatever they were older gentleman and i had set up on a nice flat and i figured they knew the area too... And its potential to be a walleye runway....
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2022, 08:42 PM »
100 yard buffer zone?  You'd be making lots of rant posts if you lived in Iowa.

he wouldn't make it on the ice here at the tri angles here in town if 100 yd. buffer needed. Fished 2 in one hole not unheard of here.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2022, 08:53 PM »
Ice is not the only thing getting thin. Holy smoke. lol

I feel much better now that I got everything off my chest!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline perchfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2022, 10:06 PM »
LOL go to Kansas and go ice fishing! I was fishing 12,000 acre Glen Elder Reservoir a few years ago. I had drilled a few holes and finally starting catching some crappie, had a guy walk up to me like he wanted to talk.  I said hello how's it going- no response, instead he dropped his bait in one of my holes 6 feet away and caught his fish and left. I was more upset about the fact that he didn't respond when I said hello then the fact that he used a hole that I had drilled, not how I fish but after all it is public water. "PEOPLE ARE STRANGE WHEN YOUR A STRANGER". 

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #35 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:34 AM »
Public water is not an excuse to be a clown.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:42 AM »
LOL go to Kansas and go ice fishing! I was fishing 12,000 acre Glen Elder Reservoir a few years ago. I had drilled a few holes and finally starting catching some crappie, had a guy walk up to me like he wanted to talk.  I said hello how's it going- no response, instead he dropped his bait in one of my holes 6 feet away and caught his fish and left. I was more upset about the fact that he didn't respond when I said hello then the fact that he used a hole that I had drilled, not how I fish but after all it is public water. "PEOPLE ARE STRANGE WHEN YOUR A STRANGER".

😳😳😳 WOW!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2022, 06:48 AM »
Public water is not an excuse to be a clown.

AMEN!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #38 on: Feb 23, 2022, 07:25 AM »
ill have to side with ruttnutt.  20yrd is rude.  those types dont know how to locate fish so they scavenge off others. (opossums) they are a similar breed to the "parking lot pelicans" around here with the binocs.  the internet has spawned an entirely new hybrid of scavengers too. ten times as rude and destructive. (lurkers and spot burners)

some mountain dew and dab of stink bait around your holes keeps most from fishing them ;D 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #39 on: Feb 23, 2022, 08:04 AM »
20yrd is rude.  those types dont know how to locate fish so they scavenge off others. (opossums) they are a similar breed to the "parking lot pelicans" around here with the binocs.  the internet has spawned an entirely new hybrid of scavengers too. ten times as rude and destructive. (lurkers and spot burners)

It’s the Face Book mentality.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #40 on: Feb 23, 2022, 08:37 AM »
It’s the Face Book mentality.

yes and its spreading like cancer in society!
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #41 on: Feb 23, 2022, 09:20 AM »
Wanna avoid being crowded out? Start banging on doors and making phone calls to some private lakes. The answer  is always no if you don't ask.Got a few of them that way over the years. Still have them today because I chose to be proactive rather than piss and moan 'cause I didn't like someone else's fishing style. Might have something to do with being a Boomer too...I don't mind doing a little work for what I want.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 23, 2022, 11:19 AM »
I hear ya. I do have a couple private lakes that I have access to but they drained them a couple years ago and are just starting to come back. Plus I like to fish the trout stocked lakes so there are not many that are private in PA.

But just as you mention this, I got an invite today to one of the most exclusive private lakes in PA for Saturday.............. ..................... so things are looking up!  ;) ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.