The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any action on Stump?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline wittyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any action on Stump?
« on: Mar 08, 2015, 09:03 PM »
I'm pretty pumped to be heading up this week.  I haven't been up there since I moved from GF 3 years ago.  I'm sick of chasing the pan fish down here in IA, I miss the walleye and perch!  Can anyone let me know how the bite is and what they're biting on?  Have the walleye started moving into the shallows yet?  Thanks!
FTWGA

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any action on Stump?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2015, 08:16 PM »
I fished stump today.  I didn't get there till about 10:30 so didn't get in on the walleye bite.  I talked to a guy that was there before sunrise and they had eight eyes by 10:00 and then they shut down.  They were fishing some flooded farmstead in 15' to 18'.  Don't know what they were using.  I hole hopped till about 11:30 and then started hitting some perch.  Wound up with 10 by the time they shut down at about 3:00. I was using a perch colored buckshot with a minnow head.  Fished in 35'.  Lots of water on the ice late today.  If the weather hold like it is supposed to its gonna be sloppy when you get here.

I've had better fishing on Stump than DL this year.  Feast or famine on DL.  Pretty consistent on Stump.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Offline wittyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2015, 07:02 AM »
 The weather has me worrieda bit.  It looks the same down here in IA.  I imagine, if its like years, a week in the 50s won't have too big of an impact on ice conditions other than make it sloppy?  Thanks!
FTWGA

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2015, 01:54 PM »
Well Wittyman, did you make it up last week?  How did you do?  Things are pretty much shutting down this week.  Perch patrol is closing season and so is Ackermans and Haybale from what I hear.  Access is getting pretty dicey.  Anyone heading out should be extra careful!!!

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2015, 06:39 PM »
We fished Devils thurs and friday , real slow,,,2 walleye and two perch . Fished Stump sat . two perch , missed walleye bite . 3 ft of ice and big open crack off old hwy 1 . Got real sloppy by 2 pm .  Few guys had trucks out. We took Ranger and trailer .  Gonna hit stump first next year and  maybe even skip Devils lake .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.