The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Adding footer to profile  (Read 1431 times)

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
Adding footer to profile
« on: Dec 12, 2014, 09:58 AM »
I feel like im out of the loop when it comes to some IT-based issues but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add a footer/signature to the bottom of my posts.  While I'm at it, how did you guys get the Team ND signature image?

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keepin it on the dry side since 2000
Re: Adding footer to profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2014, 04:35 PM »
1. Scroll all the way to the top of this page.  Start scrolling down and you'll see a gray bar that goes across the screen underneath the company logos.  Press the word 'profile'.

2. Next you'll see your name. Directly above your name, you'll see the word 'modify profile' press that.

3. Next a drop down menu will pop up. Press the word 'forum profile'

4. Next, scroll down to the white box that says signature. Type this in that box
XimgZhttp://u.cubeupload.com/schmidty/TeamNDIceShantyBanne.jpgX/imgZ but replace the letter X with a [ and replace the letter Z with a ] and you'll have this.

5. Now press the word 'change profile' at the bottom right, and you're done!

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2014, 04:37 PM »
Click on "Profile" right below the adds up top.  Hover over "Modify Profile" on the upper right side of that page and select "Forum Pofile".  That page is where you create your signature.

As far as  the Team ND image; I wondered the same when I first started.  I searched old posts until I found one where someone asked the same thing.  Someone (I am pretty sure SeisMec) said it was created a while back for all to use. 

Ice Shanty.com doesn't host pictures, so you will need an account at a image hosting website. (there are a lot of free ones out there.  I use CubeUpload)  Right-click on the Team ND image in my signature and save it on your computer.  Then you need to upload it to your image hosting website and add the link that site gives you to your signature.

I believe that is the only way to do it, but if someone has an easier way I'm all ears!

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2014, 04:42 PM »
FishinHardWater;

That link you give is to the image in my CubeUpload account.  I don't care if someone uses it; Just be aware that if/when I ever close my account, or delete that image from my CubeUpload, it won't work anymore.

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keepin it on the dry side since 2000
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2014, 04:59 PM »
OK use this one. I won't delete mine.

XimgZhttp://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo320/fishinhardwater/TeamNDIceShantyBanne.jpgX/imgZ

Make sure when you copy the links, to change the 2 X's into [ and the 2 Z's into ]

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2014, 05:09 PM »
I don't plan on deleting mine either, but I don't want anyone to wonder why their signature changes if I ever do.  Use mine, I really don't care.

But...I would recommend you just start your own account at photobucket, cubeupload or a host of other free image sharing sites.  If you ever want to post pictures to this -or many other forums- you will need one anyway.

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Thanks fellas.  I wouldn't have been able to figure out what to put in the signature file.  I've tried getting a profile on photobucket (SP?) but it will never work. 

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2014, 04:18 PM »
dirtymike; if you change that first  "Z" to a "]" and the "X" towards the end to a "[" the Team ND picture in your sig should be visible.

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2014, 10:46 PM »
[IMG ] Insert any image URL here[/img ]

There cannot be any mistakes.

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM »
Still cant get things right.  Maybe now it'll work

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Bingo!  You now officially a Team ND member.  ;)

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:20 PM »
The  history of the Logo was it was developed by a guy that moved to Williston at the start of the Boom about 4 years ago...he said anyone can use it... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.