The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: coming soon  (Read 1297 times)

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keepin it on the dry side since 2000
coming soon
« on: Dec 09, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Hey ND! I might be moving to western North Dakota soon for work.  Thinking about bringing my ice fishing gear, if I ever get a day off!  Any lakes or rivers worth trying? What fish do you target here? Thanks!

Offline NodakBuckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: coming soon
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2014, 11:46 PM »
Where in western ND?  Not as many lakes out west as in central and eastern parts of state.  Most fish on Sakakawea for walleye and pike but there are places for perch and gills.

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2014, 01:51 AM »
Thinking about getting a job around the oil stuff going on. Probably driving a tractor trailer. I don't know what town yet, and I don't even know where I'd live yet.  I have to learn more about it before I go. Heard there's lots of money to be made there now.

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:11 AM »
Not to discourage you in any way, but line up work and living quarters before you even map out the drive. 

Thinking about getting a job around the oil stuff going on. Probably driving a tractor trailer. I don't know what town yet, and I don't even know where I'd live yet.  I have to learn more about it before I go. Heard there's lots of money to be made there now.

Offline NodakBuckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2014, 04:46 PM »
Not to discourage you in any way, but line up work and living quarters before you even map out the drive.

Exactly!  There is work here, pay is good but finding a reasonably priced and available living space is a huge challenge.  Not as Bad as it was but still a challenge.   Anyone that has a work ethic will have no trouble here doing well here with some planning and effort.  Most of the guys I work with that are out of state have trouble without the comforts of a metropolitan area.

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2014, 03:09 AM »
Thanks for the information about the living quarters situation! I hope I can find something there! Good luck fishing, guys. I'll let you know if / when I get there!

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2014, 10:37 PM »
With the price of gas dropping I would really consider looking elsewhere for work. Cost of living is really high, not just the rent. Ill miss the fishing but after 10 years of being in ND im happy to be able to move back to MI.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2014, 10:01 AM »
There is also work to be had in the eastern half of the state.  And the cost of living is much lower. Not to mention more fishing opportunities. :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.