Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607077 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #28590 on: Aug 12, 2022, 10:57 PM »
Good evening, outside temperature in the upper sixties currently so will be a more comfortable night. Latest news story I've seen on the polio virus is not good news. the virus has been fond in waste water samples from some of NYC's treatment facilities raising new concerns about the spread of the virus. I have no idea how long waste water samples are stored but same news story mentioned that after rechecking samples in Rockland county two samples from may were found to test positive. It was on July 21ST that a statement was released to the public saying a 21 year Rockland county man had been treated for Polio. So more to be concerned about plus everything else going on in our crazy world.
IFF nice looking boat may you have a problem free trip transporting it back to Tennessee and not burn through to much gasoline during the trip. I hope you did not do to much damage to the RV by having to break into it after getting locked out.
Ice Wanderer just curious what is the price difference between a truckload of seasoned logs and the same size load of seasoned cut and split firewood. Nice of your wife to help out by stacking the wood while you split it. may you have gotten a good start on the wood work for your neighbor's customer.
Wallyworld may the granddog be well behaved and not give you any trouble while babysitting. Best wishes to your son and his family for a good vacation.
Eddie good to hear your son Stephen and his family arrived safely in England and are having a nice time with your DIL's parents and relatives.
Whopper Stopper may you find a new rheumatologist before your current supply of medications run out on you. Good to read you can hold off on repairs to the wood splitter. May you have enjoyed your day of R&R .
Hunts2long may the blood work report have good news for you and your doctor. Best to you and the family in traveling to the family reunion. Enjoy the time spent with relatives.
Fish/hunt4ever to bad the leaf spring hanger broke on the camper ,i guess better at home then while traveling.  Glad you were able to find parts for the repair locally.
Tomturkey congratulations to your granddaughter on receiving her RN pin. Best wishes to her as she starts her career in the medical field.

Have a good and safe weekend.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28591 on: Aug 13, 2022, 05:07 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....good looking boat, once again, congrats  :thumbsup:

MrC....Cooper's a good dog altho a bit of a bed hog  :whistle:

WS.....a rainy day of r&r sounds perfect  ;)2

Eddie.....when is your new granddaughter due to make her grand entrance  ???

H2L.....safe travels, enjoy the reunion  :clap:

TT.....congrats to your granddaughter, tough job  :thumbsup: :bow:  very thoughtful gifts, I'm sure she will treasure them  :)

IW....you'll be ready for some serious water therapy when all the wood is finished  :flex:

Mowing is on today's agenda, the rain we had earlier in the week has brought the grass back to life  :woot:

Tomorrow we have a "tribute" ride for our friend we lost in January 2021 to covid  :'(  He was a member of Combat Veterans motorcycle club and they are hosting the ride.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28592 on: Aug 13, 2022, 05:22 AM »
53* and clear, a good day to travel.
WW, also a good day to mow.
IFF, nice looking boat.
Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28593 on: Aug 13, 2022, 05:23 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Just a quick "Hello before making a shack run.

I will check back in later today to see what everyone has going for the day and hopefully have a video to show.

Have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28594 on: Aug 13, 2022, 07:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 57* here and sunny. Can’t wait for ice to warm out. My wife is working today. Seems like after I got hurt my health went downhill. Mr Dickens is good.

Whopper Stopper, Look foreword to seeing video.

Hunts2long, Are you going fishing today?

WallyWorld, Today is a good day to mow. Nice and cool.

Mr Clean, It’s amazing how they are able to follow the progression of viruses thru waste water.

Tom Turkey, Congratulations on your granddaughter getting her RN.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28595 on: Aug 13, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Well pancakes are in the oven staying warm, getting the kiddos and wife ready here in a bit to head out to the lake so they can hang out and play with their cousins, which I get the camper fixed here in a bit then head out there myself and see if I can have some fun fishing and try and catch a tiger musky. The kiddos wanted to go last night and sleep in the tent but when everyone hit the lake it was late and storms rolling through. Well better get after it. Have a great day everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28596 on: Aug 13, 2022, 04:56 PM »
Good afternoon/evening :bow:

We got back from our shack run around 2pm. All was well at the shack, lots of bear activity. My camera was upside down but that didn't happen until one of the last videos. We had problems with our computer when we tried to make a video. I just put a few short videos together un-edited and will try to make a better one tomorrow. Last time we went up the batteries needed to be changed. For some reason even though I checked, all dates and times are wrong so ignore them. The main thing is there are a couple good looking bucks that have me already getting pumped for some stand time. Anyway hope you enjoy what I have.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28597 on: Aug 13, 2022, 06:00 PM »
WOW   :o :thumbsup: :clap: :blink: :thumbsup:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28598 on: Aug 13, 2022, 08:03 PM »
 :clap: :clap: nice looking bucks
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28599 on: Aug 13, 2022, 09:10 PM »
Good evening pleasant day here with a high temperature around eighty breeze for most of the day kept things comfortable. Dropping to a low in the mid. fifties overnight . :clap: :thumbsup: Gas prices continue to drop here a couple stations down to $4.09/gallon for cash purchase.
Wallyworld happy for you the grandog Cooper is weel behaved may he leave some of the bed for the two of you to sleep comfortably. May you have good weather for tomorrow's ride.
Whopper Stopper glad you found the shack in good condition. Thank you for putting together the video footage. May those bucks still be on your property come hunting season and active during hunting hours.
Hunts2long i hope the trip to family reunion was trouble free and all of you had a nice day with your relatives.
Icefisher-45 it is interesting to learn what can be detected in waste water samples. Hopefully enough unvaccinated people will get the shots and we avoid a major polio outbreak in the greater NYC area of NY.
Fish/hunt4ever may the repair to camper have gone weel and taken little time so you could join your family and relatives at the lake today.
Ice Wanderer if you had similar weather conditions to mine nice day to be working outside. may you have made good progress on the wood work today.
Eddie hope you had a nice day however you spent your time.
OldSailor may all be good with you and the family. thank you for keeping us supplied with daily jokes.

Everyone have a good Sunday Best to those fishing tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28600 on: Aug 13, 2022, 09:33 PM »
Well the camper is at the lake and did some fishing and mapping of the lake while pulling the kids around on the tube, I know highnspeeds are not the best for map making but this lake is like a bowl so just trying to find some of the edges and the weeds are out to 19 feet deep. Raining and windy right now might be interesting to load the boat here in a little bit, walleye fishing tomorrow. But the fix seemed to be working so far just have to try it and see how it goes the next couple times out, hunting season comes soon and will want it on the mountain. Have a great night everyone. Oh and caught some blue gill perch and bass but no luck on a tiger musky but did see some.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28601 on: Aug 14, 2022, 04:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 53* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Marv..........Thanks for the video, there is a shooter buck there. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                            Fish...........I'm glad you made it to the lake and the kids got to get pulled around. Good lock fishing. :thumbsup:
                            Steve.........We're not so lucky up here with the gas prices, $4.45 here in my town and about 5 cents cheaper in Glens Falls, back to the
                price differential  :cookoo: :%$#!:
                            Wally..........What a good day to mow the grass, nice and cool. :flex:
                            Tom............Congrat ulations to your granddaughter for getting her RN status. :clap:
                            H2l.............I hope you have a good time at the reunion. :thumbsup:
                            Yesterday, I got a lot accomplished on the wood pile, I see the end is in sight.. But today I'll be working at the cabin, the chinking will be done
                 and hopefully we'll be doing the finale clean up. But my neighbor/boss said he heard someting about they have some more work they want us to do..
                             I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28602 on: Aug 14, 2022, 05:19 AM »
Morning all,

Looks like a picture perfect day to remember our friend, fingers crossed for a good number of bikes  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28603 on: Aug 14, 2022, 05:45 AM »
52* and going to be a nice day.

The reunion was great. 46 showed up, the best in the past couple years. Uncle Al (95), Aunt Marion (91) and Uncle Bob (86) and lots of kids. Got home about 9 last night, long day.

WS, WOW, you have some nice bucks right there.

Hope everyone has a great day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28604 on: Aug 14, 2022, 07:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Sunny and 56* , high of 78 forecasted…another repeat of yesterday’s weather, absolutely beautiful.  :thumbsup:

Wally…hope you see a big turnout today for your friends tribute ride!  :bow: Will be looking forward to your post!  :thumbsup:
  H2…glad you had a great time at the reunion and a big family turnout…fantastic!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope the day goes well at the cabin job, glad the wood pile is nearing its end, awesome job!   :clap:
  FH4…good luck with those walleyes today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…certainly no complaints here with this string of nice weather lately!  ;D  Gas was $4.35 here locally yesterday.
  Marv…wow, some fine looking bucks!!  :clap:  Thanks for sharing the video, will share that later today with one of my sons.  :thumbsup:

We had some internet issues yesterday, had a tech come by early afternoon and found it to be a bad cable.  :cookoo:
  Heard on the news we’re almost 6” behind on rainfall so far since June. That explains why walking on my lawn now sounds like breaking potato chips, lol. Extended forecast says we might see a little rain Tuesday, we sure need it.
  Believe a few of the kids will be by today, a little grilling and just taking it easy… ;D. Cawfee’s still on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28605 on: Aug 14, 2022, 02:53 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

A beautiful day in the Midwest. We just got to 73 and should be able to squeeze out 3 more before supper time.

I finished splitting all my wood this morning but left the stacking for tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

I was able to make a better video today using some of the critters that got left out along with the bucks from yesterdays video.

Hope you all enjoy them.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28606 on: Aug 14, 2022, 08:23 PM »
Had to stop work early at the cabin due to the heat.  :-\
Went fishing instead.  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28607 on: Aug 15, 2022, 04:40 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 56* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Dave..........I'm guessing that's a tad too warm for up there. :unsure: I hope you caught some fish? ???
                           Marv..........Thanks for putting together the videos, looks like you might have a shot at a nice Buck come hunting season. :flex:
                           H2l............I'm glad the reunion was a success and lot of the family came. :thumbsup:
                           Wally.........It sure was a nice day for a benefit ride, any ice cream involved. :woot:
                           Eddie.........I hope you had a good time with the kids stopping by for some grill action. :clap:
                           Fish...........I hope you and your family are enjoying the camping and you have landed some nice eyes? ???
                           Steve.........Yes, things are little dry around here too. The Hudson River here is so low that one can walk across it without getting their kness
                  wet. :o My lawn needs to be watered. :whistle:
                           Well, Yesterday we finished the cabin and cleaned up the site. The scaffolding is down and on to the next job.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

The last of the chinking, It was tight quarters getting this last area done.           

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28608 on: Aug 15, 2022, 05:09 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....looks great  :thumbsup:

WS.....thanks for the video, I can't even show MrWW or he'll be on your doorstep  :roflmao:

Eddie.....perfect day for family and grilling  @)

H2L....glad there was a good showing of family at the reunion  :clap:

Had 75 bikes at yesterday's ride, good day with a bunch of good people  :thumbsup:

Blackberry picking this afternoon  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28609 on: Aug 15, 2022, 05:24 AM »
54* and clear.

The wife is taking Scout for her grooming this morning. 

Drifter, I guess it has been hot everywhere.

WS, another great video. I think you missed your calling.

The reunion trip whipped me, yesterday I had to take a nap in the afternoon, which I don't do very often.

WW, you sure had great weather for the bike ride, nice turn out.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28610 on: Aug 15, 2022, 06:57 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

57 degrees, making it into the upper 70's by the afternoon.

IW...Congratulations on wrapping up the chinking cabin :thumbsup:

WW...Good turn out :thumbsup: Thanks for the pictures :thumbsup: Make sure and wear a long sleeved shirt when getting into the blackberry patch. I seem to remember getting all scratched up when picking them.

h2l...Glad you had a good time at the reunion :thumbsup:

Eddie...Hope the weather was good for grilling and family time  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the video comments. I can see some sleepless nights in my future before I can out after them.

This morning I have to unload and stack the wood in my dump trailer. Late afternoon I have a tree job to check out.

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28611 on: Aug 15, 2022, 07:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fair skies and 57*, high of 81 today.

H2…nothing wrong with a little nap in the afternoon to recharge the batteries!  ;D  :thumbsup:  Imagine the reservoir is still going down with the lack of rain?
  Wally..very good turnout, thank you for sharing the pictures!  :clap:  Got a feeling we’ll be seeing the bakery open for business again soon…happy picking’!!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…sure is a good feeling wrapping up on the projects…excellent job!  I’m sure the homeowner was very pleased with your hard work and effort’s, the chinking looks awesome!  :clap: :thumbsup: :flex:
  Dave…hope the bite was as hot as the temperatures there…good choice!   :clap: 
  Marv…excellent job on the videos!  :bow:  How many times have you had that slammer buck in your sights so far, lol? Cant wait for the hunting adventures to start again….thank you for sharing some of this year’s prospects!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope all went well on your trip back to the farm!   :thumbsup:

Enjoyed a pleasant afternoon with a few of the kids yesterday. My wife made lasagna, so never did fire up the grill yesterday.
  Not too much planned for today, have a few things to catch up around the house and a decent harvest of peppers ready to pull from the garden.   Cawfee’s still on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28612 on: Aug 15, 2022, 07:53 AM »
57* to start the day. The sun is out finally after a wet week end. That was about the high for Saturday. More about that later.

ww Nice to hear the ride was a success. I could tell it had to be hot out seeing all of the riders standing in the shade in the one picture.

WS You have some real nice bucks at your shack. Hopefully, they stay around so you can put one on the wall. You might remember the picture of the big 10-point I sent you. He was taken 3/4 mile from me that firearm season. I missed a one-horn buck on my place one year. A couple of days later he was hanging at a house 1/2 mile away.

IW Good to hear you have all of the chinking done and the site cleaned up. The guy that bought the milled log cabin next door had it stained. What a difference it made.  I do not think any maintenance had been done since it was built.

My granddaughter's pinning ceremony went well on Saturday. Other than one long-winded speaker. My granddaughter closed the ceremony by reading the Nightingale Nurses Pledge. My 6-month-old Great Grandson and Great Grandaughter were perfect angels. Not a peep was heard out of either one.
The get-together at a park was a wet one as it rained all day. Luckily there was little wind as it never got out of the 50s. I presented my granddaughter with a lot of memorabilia from her great grandmother that was an RN. Her diploma from nurses training in 1933, some pictures. Also a framed copy of the Nurses Pledge with mom's name on it. I almost forgot that there was also my mom's high school diploma from 1928.

h2l I take a nap every day anymore. I think I may have taken a couple of naps yesterday after the long day on Saturday. Not fun getting old.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28613 on: Aug 15, 2022, 08:33 AM »

WW glad you had a great turn out for the tribute ride. WS great videos of the critters I'm not a hunter but I sure thought about rethinking this after watching. Tried to find a fishing garage sale over the weekend struck out. It became a country drive not knowing for sure I was; seen some interesting sights and then finally hitting a town found a Duluth Trading Post Outlet store. Got to get back there sometime for sure. Landed some rag wool gloves with leather strips on fingers. First ice gear item taken care of. Weather is good for the week. Have a good day.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28614 on: Aug 15, 2022, 09:16 AM »
Good morning ER wood choppers.

Hit a bit of a snag with the big boats 9.9 kicker motor. Picked out a location close to the garage/shop to park it, and placed my tank so I would be able to place either motor in it too test run them. Not to concerned about the big motor, I had started the 9.9, didn’t take right off took several times, thinking I would mess with the carb to see if It would tune up a little better, then noticed that it was not spitting out water like it should, shut it off and now doesn’t want to start up. So back to square one.

Marv nice videos, one of the bucks looks like the one I scared the “H” out of last January  :roflmao: :whistle: :unsure:

Jeff glad to hear you wound up the chinking project,  what’s going to be your next project ???

Eddie trip back south went just fine,  used more gas than I was hoping for but with the drop in fuel cost came out about the same

Well I am burning daylight, best and better day to all

Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28615 on: Aug 15, 2022, 10:24 AM »
Well the wife slept wrong in the camper and had a headache from a stiff neck and did not hit the big lake for walleye with me, but the boy came and we caught a limit of walleye for one and even a sauger for 1/2 of a one man limit, was a nice day out with a little sprinkle here and there and flat calm and then a little breezy at the end of the day, nothing really took off as I would think I had the fish figured out and then go over that spot a few more times with nothing, had something big take hold and go on a huge run and break the harness off.  Now back to work now will try and get pictures posted when my phone charges up.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28616 on: Aug 15, 2022, 01:12 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, I thought I had posted but it must have gone to wherever they go. I drove my wife to work so I could bring Mr Dickens to the Cathedral in NH. We haven’t been for awhile always nice to talk to the caretakers there. Now we’re waiting for the plumber no hot water. My wife is still forgetful of things. Keeps losing things.

Fish, Hope your wife is feeling better. Sounds like you and your son had a good time on the water.

IFF, Hope you get the big motor fixed and it’s a easy one.

Old Goat, Sounds like your off to a good start collecting things for this years ice fishing.

Tom Turkey, Congratulations to your Granddaughter on getting her RN. I’m sure she enjoyed getting the memorabilia from her Great Grandmother.

Mason Eddie, Thats good the kids came over for a visit. Lasagna is always good. Did you plant any really hot peppers?

Ice Wanderer, Great job on the chinking.

Whopper Stopper, I’m not a hunter but that’s a beautiful Buck.

WallyWorld, That is great news that you had such a big turnout for the ride. Hopefully there was ice cream involved.

Hunts2long, Glad you had a good time at the reunion. Hope Scout enjoyed her day at the spa.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28617 on: Aug 15, 2022, 01:55 PM »
The catch for yesterday

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28618 on: Aug 15, 2022, 02:24 PM »
 :clap: :clap:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28619 on: Aug 15, 2022, 09:29 PM »
Good evening, I saw a high temperature in the lower eighties today currently in the lower seventies outside. If the weather guessers are correct I will see some rain between Tuesday and Thursday which is good as my area of NY. could use the moisture. No updates on polio in today's newspaper or on my internet service provider's news website  happy for that with all the other crazy events happening around our world.
Ice wander nice job by you and your neighbor chinking looks great, may your next job not involve such tedious work. I sure the water level of Hudson river is down slightly here near the river's Southern end. The Hudson is generally more shallow and less wide up by you in the Adirondacks.
Wallyworld good to read there was a sizable turnout for the memorial/benefit ride for your friend. May the two of you not have to many scratches from the berry picking hope you found enough berries to eat some fresh,bake a couple of pies and enjoy some with your favorite ice cream flavor.
hunts2long may Scout now be a little cooler after her grooming . Also I hope the nap help recharge you to take on this week's activities.
Whopper Stopper is there more tree work in your future hope the job is of a size you can handle and your estimate is accepted. Drifter looking at your photos in the cabin thread take back my comment about insulation possibly the wall with several windows is on sunny side of the cabin and all the sunlight is heating up the cabin interior. My apartment is on the west side of building so I get the afternoon sun during the recent heat wave my thermosat was reading 85 or higher at times if the AC was not running.
Eddie home made lasanga is always a tasty dish i'm sure there were no left overs. it sounds like you will be making pepper jelly in coming days.
Tomturkey to bad it was a rainy day for your granddaughter's RN pinning ceremony. Good to read your great grandchildren  did not act up during the event especially with the long winded speaker. May your granddaughter treasure her present.
Old Goat Duluth trading company stores are interesting places each on contains photos with captions about the areas history at different places in the store. Also a seating area with complimentary coffee and tea. They have a store in Ramsey,NJ. which I drive past on my way to and from the cemetery in Paramus,NJ. where my parents and other relatives are buried. Personally only buy the items when on sale as I find their prices high and the quality on some items is not as good as advertised.
IFF good to read you had a safe trip home from Wisconsin and the lower gas prices kept travel costs equal to the trip from Tennessee when you were not trailering a boat. May you be able to get the kicker motor running.
Fish/hunt4ever may your wife's neck be feeling better. Congratulations to your son and you on the walleye/sauger catch.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear your wife is still dealing with the memory loss issues. I hope you and Mr. Dickens had a nice time at the Cathedral. have you made any decision on your Jeep.

Have  a good night. Best to all fishing this week.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.