The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any ice yet n the Bottineau area?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any ice yet n the Bottineau area?
« on: Nov 06, 2013, 02:22 PM »
Just wondering if any ponds or smaller lake around the Bottineau/Metigoshe area have any skim of ice or ice yet. Anyone still thinking thanksgiving day is a possibility to get on the hard deck?

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Any ice yet n the Bottineau area?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Drove out to deer camp today.. all the stock dams are frozen over by Bismarck! ;D ;D ;D  I believe north of Hwy 2 it was 16F  or colder the last two nights... and is right now!  Forecast is not for hot weather!  Looking good!

Offline saugerslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2013, 08:28 PM »
No doubt there will be fishable ice by then. Trenton lake was totally iced over today. I'm sure it's been a bit colder up north, fishable ice by thanksgiving is the norm, and this year seems colder than normal. I'm hoping to be out next weekend fingers crossed. Be safe!!

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2013, 05:55 AM »
I am seeing that Bottineau area is going thourgh a warming spell right now. Also saw that it will be cold once again by Sunday. My question is. Are lakes like Carpenter, Long Lake, Metigoshe.........ect ect still locked up? Is there any of those lakes or others that has 2-3" of ice on them now? Or will have by next?

Offline perchchaser67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2013, 10:51 AM »
i saw where there were some guys out ice fishing on some of the smaller lakes there is about 4 1/2 -5 1/2 inches in most places. still need to be careful and check the ice before you go out not safe for driving yet. BE SAFE THIS ICE SEASON AND MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND TAKE A KID FISHING :icefish:
we the willing lead by the unknowing have done the imposible for the ungreatful for so long we are now able to do anything with nothing. Auther unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.