The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Air Force Dude needs help  (Read 1233 times)

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
Air Force Dude needs help
« on: Nov 03, 2013, 07:31 PM »
a friend of mine in the air force is being transferred to Minot i got him set up with poles tipups popup shelter and a flasher now all he needs is an idea of were to go any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Offline JIMC_ND

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Air Force Dude needs help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Lots of water to fish up here around Minot.  Just a few miles northwest of the Air Force Base is Lake Darling which has a bunch of really nice perch in it right now along with good numbers of walleye and pike.  45 miles south is Lake Audubon and the east end of Lake Sakakawea, both of which have pretty decent walleye fishing at times.  The Devils Lake area is 120 miles east of Minot, and there are numerous smaller waters around that are full of big perch.  Should be a great ice fishing year up here in ND!

Jim Carroll NPAA#13   

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2013, 08:33 PM »
thank you

Offline IceCrafty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2013, 03:17 AM »
Lake Darling and Devils lake have my votes. I usually take a week long trip to Devils lake each year.

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2013, 01:15 AM »
I'm also new to the Minot area, looking for some pointers.  Which would you say is better to concentrate on learning first Darling or E. Sakakawea/Audubon? I've been fishing perch and trout in the black hills the last few seasons, so I'm ready to get back into the hard water walleye's!

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Darling is alot easier to fish than the big lake and I always had better luck up there. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.