Author Topic: Where Is Everyone From?  (Read 4161 times)

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
Where Is Everyone From?
« on: Oct 28, 2010, 09:16 PM »
It seems to me that we haven't had a thread like this for awhile, or at least since I have been here and it would be nice to see who all is here and where they are from.  Let us know who you are and where your from and what kinda fishing you like to do (ie. perch, walleye, pannies etc.) and if you are daring enough :) what lake(s) you spend most of your time on.  Maybe we can all meet some new fishing buddies.

I'll start things off.

I'm Scott, I live in Brookings (well currently I am in Texas until February ouch).  I have been mainly a perch and pannie fisherman my entire life but I am slowly trying to learn more about walleye fishing.  I spend alot of my time out on 81 and Sinai, I just got back into ice fishing, when I we to college I got out of it because I didn't have the time, now that I have the time I am trying to learn a few lakes and hone my skills back in. 

your turn

Offline ianripken

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where Is Everyone From?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2010, 11:59 PM »
Redfield

Got into Ice Fishing as a teen on the famous Gull Lake, MN. Moved to Rapid City and kinda got out of it for a while.

Different story for me, I actually got back into it at college. Started taking guys out and teaching them how to do it. Great perch fishing in that area. My Father In Law is huge into it too, and he's friends with some of the best in the business (endorsements, TV Shows, etc.) out in Michigan, and they taught me how to tight-line. Did a lot of ice fishing out there a couple of winters I lived there and learned a lot.

Moved to Redfield where it's mostly Crappie and Perch in the area. Oh, and we have a few pheasant too.

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2010, 09:26 AM »
Yah, a "few"?? ;)  I have relatives in Miller, so I phesant hunt there every year.  Plenty of birds to go around. 

I'm in Rapid, Born and raised.  I did live in Duluth Mn for a while, but I started missing the Black Hills too much, so I came home.  Been ice fishing since I was 4, and I haven't stopped since!

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Also from rapid learmed to fish in the sandhills of nebraska or as I call it "home of the big fish" fish the hills a bit mostly sheridan but I still go back to nebraska 3-4 times a winter
Getem caught

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2010, 09:59 PM »
Feind, have you fished Merrit reservoir much?

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Nuther Rapid City dude. Born and raised here, but lived in NYC for about 8 years trying to be a rock star (84-92). Grew up bank fishing with my Dad at Stockade and Sheridan. I never ice fished til about 2000, when a buddy introduced me to it. I think if you really want to enjoy our winters, you need to fall in love with this sport.
I panfish while I'm watching for flags cuz I loves dem snotrockets! :tipup: I fish all of the Hills lakes, but Sheridan is only 5 miles from my house, so I go there quite a bit.

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2010, 01:49 PM »
oyler i fish that lake everytime i go home open water or ice. Its pretty good at times
Getem caught

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2010, 06:15 PM »
I'm stuck here in Aberdeen where we don't have any fish or Pheasants.  :whistle:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline DannyBoy09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2010, 06:12 AM »
  I live in St.Francis Ks. Love to icefish.and have fished alot of lakes in SD. Hope I can get hooked up with some of you boyz this winter.

Dan Siegfried

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2010, 02:14 PM »
  I live in se sd during the non-ice months and in the ne glacial lakes part of the state during the ice months......  FIL got me started in the late 80's and never looked back .  Perch are my favorite , especially in late feb when they are schooled up chasin blood worms. 
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2010, 05:50 PM »
spearfish here, fish sheridan, pactola and orman a lot.  also a few private ponds for some small pannies just for fun.  mostly a perch and pike guy

Offline AEffling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2010, 09:03 AM »
here in hecla, fish a lot on the Glacial Lakes west of Britton, but mainly fish by Hecla. There is plenty of wildlife here, pheasants, deer, and ducks.
PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."-John Wayne

Offline BlackHillsIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2010, 02:17 AM »
I am in RC as well.  I am the guy you saw at Sheridan and Pactola last year ice fishing in 14' camper pulled by a chick blue jeep.  I don't catch much yet.  We're usually too busy with naps, movies, and eating.

Scott

Offline fishing grampa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2010, 10:26 PM »
I'm from Highmore. 

I think we are losing ground on this ice making weather......
I spent the day catching walleyes on the river near west bend in 72 degree weather!!!
On November 6th, somehow just doesn't seem right but it was nice to get out....

Hey Ice Dawg, I see your'e blowing smoke again, hehehe....  :roflmao:
Sometime hard water is a good thing..............

Offline travo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • south dakota's worst icefisherman
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Humboldt, west of Sioux Falls. Hit Twin, Beaver, and Loss mostly, sometimes Island. I catch what I can, which usually isn't much. Catch a ton of buzzes during the winter months.

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Outside of Lead in the hills, fish Sheridan and Deerfield mostly in the winter - will take whatever is biting, because that's way better than working! Make a trip to Devils Lake each year too, and have fished the big tourney in Brainerd. Not very good at it but enjoy the hell out of it!

Offline bluegillhunter3694

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 11, 2010, 05:42 PM »
Outside of Deadwood. I mainly fish Pactola and Sheridan.I prefer fishing for perch, bluegill, and pike in these lakes, but I never seem to get anything besides a few perch(which I let my little sister reel in if she is there) at Sheridan.If any of you experienced fisherman would like to help a rookie I would really appreciate some tips.

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 11, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Just moved to Mitchell from Nebraska. This is gonna be a learning year but I'll still probably make a few trips down to the sandhills lakes this winter and chase some of them big gills.

Offline Budweiser8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2010, 01:54 PM »
Currently live on the west side of Sioux Falls, grew up in Parker, Hartford, and Humboldt, fish all over southeastern SD and prefer panfish...

Offline Fillet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2010, 03:46 PM »
I am a senior at SDSMT in Rapid. I grew up on the east side of the state so I have always done a lot of pheasant, waterfowl, and deer hunting. I've gotta say that fishing takes priority though. I can't decide my favorite though, flying around in my boat or running and gunning on the ice. This time of year its ice fishing without a doubt though! Fishing out here is definitely different than on the east side. After three seasons I will say I have a lot figured out about the lakes in the Hills. You just have to do your homework and fish hard!

It should be a good ice season, tight lines SD crew

Offline fishingwithkids

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pop your magic twanger froggy........
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2010, 04:00 PM »
good ole New Hampshiere.  Live free and cry! lol

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2010, 06:40 PM »
from the northeast corner of our state,the Milbank area.target walleye,perch,crappies and pannies.hope this winter gives us lot less snow than the last two.i have alot of anticiption for this season after having the last two off.tight lines everyone.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2010, 07:56 AM »
Vermillion, i fish a lot on the river and on a few local lakes around here. I also fish in NW Iowa have great sucess there all year round
See ya on the ice!!! Go Packers!!!

Offline Piking Icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Hey rlvb, I was born in Milbank and lived the first five years of my life there where I first got exposed to ice fishing, boating, deer hunting, goose hunting, snowmobiling and basically anything else an outdoorsman likes to do in Eastern South Dakota.

Lived in Rapid most of my life though, went to Brookings for college and am now located in the beautiful Northern Black Hills where I mostly fish South of here at Sheridan Lake and sometimes Stockade during the winter months.  Open water fishing is mostly done at Orman Dam or basically any of the other lakes located in the Black Hills if I just wanna get out in the Woods.  I used to fish Angostura quite a bit as well but don't make it down there much now that I am further North.
Fish Fear me.....

Offline Nykademus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Hello,

I currently live in Beresford, so I have to drive a bit to find any fishing. I do have a couple of secret holes that seem to produce close to home though.  ;)

I am new to the forums, but glad I found them!

My favorite fishing is by far walleye, but I am hoping to learn a bit more about perch this year.

Good luck and be safe everyone!

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2010, 12:40 PM »
nice to see a good SD following on here.  Looks like there are quite a few guys from the western side of the state, I have never been out there to fish but am seeing a girl from Belle Fouche so I may have to make a trip out there next winter to fish and meet some of yall.

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Hello,

I'm Nick, I was born/raised in Western MN. Joined the AF after highschool, spent 9yrs in Arkansas and now I've been in Rapid City for almost a year.  I look forward to my first full winter in awhile and getting out onto the ice again..

Offline Outdoors_Junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 04, 2010, 02:17 PM »

I grew up in east central MN.  I moved to the Black Hills in 2006.  I live in Spearfish and hit Orman, Newell, Iron Creek, Sheirdan and Stockade most of the winter.  I have two boys (14 & 11) that are with me if not playing sports.

It would be nice to plan a Saturday get-together on one of the local lakes for us western SD folks.

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Yeah thats a great idea. Id be up for it.
Getem caught

Offline perchman4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 04, 2010, 10:53 PM »
Grew up in Strandburg. Recently moved to watertown. I try to catch a little of everything. im not picky. I mostly try to go to the lakes that don't see a lot of people. I try to find my own hot bite.  I love being the only one on the ice. Last year was great for that since we had so much snow. Load up the snowmobile and head to lakes where the only way you can get to them is a long sled ride.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.