The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2008 MT Get Together Roster  (Read 4807 times)

Offline ManStorePatrick

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2008 MT Get Together Roster
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2008, 05:04 PM »
you know what? I stopped and talked to you guys on my way back into shore hoping to run into you athe campground. I saw one guy wearing orange, but just thought it might be a coincidence and didnt say anything. darn, such the luck! oh well, if any of the guys around the helena area want to fish some other time, I am always down.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2008, 05:11 PM »
That was Jigmaster with the orange on.  I left my orange hanging on Dingaling's trailer with a note to meet us at Hole in the Wall for people who may have showed up late. 

The wind really was a downer. I couldn't evern step out of my shak without it sliding across the ice.

It finally died down in the evening.  We had a big ol fire and lots of good food and BS. 

I will be going out again soon.  Maybe we can meet up one of these times.  I am hoping to get my hardside shanty set up this weekend. That is always fun to fish out of. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline ManStorePatrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Yeah, when I saw that grey wall of weather coming at me over the elkhorns, I didnt want any part of that. I headed right back to shore. I was the young man in the furry commie hat, with the brown furry coat. yeah, i dig hardbacked shanties. the wind can blow like h*ll, and you are just as comfy as if you were at home. I only have a clamshell, and i almost got blown away the last time i tried to useit at the causeway. its a bummer i didnt get to run into you guys, I was looking forward to it. are you guys going out to the lions perch dreby?

Offline PerchFan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Im going to try to hit the causeways this week end anyone is welcome to join me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.